• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2021

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Well Has, that's a little strange, my mob didn't pick themselves, the independent selectors did.

I will leave it to others to judge whether my mob has to prove anything, I could have sworn that all the talk, youtube videos, additional team members etc was coming from another school. But I could be wrong, ha!

How about we all focus tonight on the 1 team we are all part of, rather than whinging.

Just givin' you a poke WLF. Looking forward to events tonight and I agree I hope the CAS prove the better team. And all the boys from W who were selected - they no doubt deserved it - 100%. It would have been a hard gig for the selectors this year.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have read a few posts about scrum dominance, but to be frank, thats irrelevant at U-19 level especially with the no pushing past 1.5 m rule (which many 1st XV refs do not appear to be adjudicating).

I couldn't disagree more. For three reasons: first, a dominant scrum can win tight heads, and secondly, even with pushing to 1.5m you can seriously disrupt the quality of possession the team with the loose head obtains. There's an enormous difference between clean ball from a channel of your choice and messy ball squirting out the side of a splintering scrum. You can attack with one, whilst the other has you scrambling to regroup. Thirdly, of course, a dominant scrum tends to win penalties.

Mind you, I played at Sydney University in the 1980s, where the scrum was a religion. I remember one night at scrum training (1sts v 2nds), the scrum kept moving a foot sideways and no-one could figure out why. By the time we packed the last scrum of the night there were about twenty scrum doctors looking at it trying to work out what was happening. We always knew we gave away size and weight to the other sides we played, so technique was everything.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Just givin' you a poke WLF. Looking forward to events tonight and I agree I hope the CAS prove the better team. And all the boys from W who were selected - they no doubt deserved it - 100%. It would have been a hard gig for the selectors this year.
Yep it was a good poke, and I poked back!
Being a selector is probably always tough.

Tonight should be a beauty, some rare talent on show.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I am going tonight, you?

Mate, I'm getting the covid shot at 5.30..........................if its not pissing down with rain i'll probably head up. However, with no skin in the game sadly, Cluch may be very tempting.

Reactions: WLF

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Just saw this, does it mean spectators are limited to families only ?

Attendance will be limited to two spectators and siblings per athlete, and families are asked to maintain physical distance when in the seating area. All spectators must record their attendance upon entry at the electronic sign in provided.

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/fixtures/ru.luesntry-juniors-gps-blue-3rds-v-u18s-sydney/
Flav and gents,
I just contacted our school, no attendee limitations, everyone just has to follow the covid check-in process.
Makes good sense as I don't believe any games so far have had any limits.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well Has, that's a little strange, my mob didn't pick themselves, the independent selectors did.

I will leave it to others to judge whether my mob has to prove anything, I could have sworn that all the talk, youtube videos, additional team members etc was coming from another school. But I could be wrong, ha!

How about we all focus tonight on the 1 team we are all part of, rather than whinging.

Enjoyed our pre season talk before CAS & GPS started WLF so best of luck for your CAS team tonight ( have no allegiance either way between GPS & CAS) After the whole pre season / school selections/ rep team selections/ I had to say to the missus this is going to take the fun out of footy for the boys if all the parents keep rabbiting on about selections." The last thing needed is fun extractors removing why the boys play in the first place. Hit hard, hit often, run fast and get into it. Good luck to all the boys playing in the next 2 weeks of what is a draining rugby festival.

Reactions: WLF

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Flav and gents,
I just contacted our school, no attendee limitations, everyone just has to follow the covid check-in process.
Makes good sense as I don't believe any games so far have had any limits.

Anyone who turns up in these conditions deserves to be let in!

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
And which headmaster have you spoken to directly that suggests Barker is flaunting the rules??? If you cannot put up. Shut Up.

As I said, Barker looks after player wellfair first and foremost. Until you RR19 put up written evidence to the contrary, Barker is playing within the rules. Players are assessed medically. If you are unfit you do not play.

Still stand by this Rod?

Heard you may be wrong mate and Aus Rugby have taken significant action as a result. Barker should be held to account for this. Ned was not cleared to play against St Aloysius, so shouldn’t the points be taken off then for that game as well?

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Still stand by this Rod?

Heard you may be wrong mate and Aus Rugby have taken significant action as a result. Barker should be held to account for this. Ned was not cleared to play against St Aloysius, so shouldn’t the points be taken off then for that game as well?

You really need to let go....

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
What a weird game. CAS has been all over it, yet GPS has converted two of its three attacking opportunities with some very slick work. CAS needs just a bit more discipline and continuity.

MagicMike

Stan Wickham (3)
Why did the Cranbrook kid take the last conversion attempt? Nick Quinn (W) was on the field and had slotted one from the sideline earlier. 17-19 was the start of the decline…