• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
AAGPS teams to play CHS on Friday 24 June at Curagul Fields (Knox Grammar)
<snip>

AAGPS Teams to play CJRU U18 and SJRU U18 at Boronia Park Thursday 23 June at 17:30 and 18:45

<snip>

@HJ, why don't GPS name Captains? CAS apparently do.

Who were the 4 captains yesterday?

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Anyone going along to Curagal Fields on Friday, or Boronia Park on Thursday who is prepared to help with assembling match reports, score updates, or taking some photos.

We are very lucky to have the services of the doyen of Rugby Writing, @Lee Grant, but it is a bit much to expect him to produce 7 match reports (5 from Friday and 2 from Thursday) for the blog front page in two days.

Anyone????

We have boys from all across the state playing, and not all parents, friends, and associates can make the trek to Sydney to watch the games.
If you can assist, please send a "conversation" to me and/or Lee Grant.

We are only looking for about 300 words on each game.

@HJ, unless I am snowed in and cant get over a mountain, I will be there.

Will take some snaps of GPS 1sts & 2nds & can post scores.

If you are really scraping the barrel, I will write something but I think Lee medically retired me after Riverview V Shore.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@HJ, why don't GPS name Captains? CAS apparently do.

Perhaps you could ask the first question of the Sports Master/Head of Sport/Head of Rugby at the School you are associated with.

Each association has their quirky traditions. Why does the CAS website publish the first name of their players? Why does ISA not publish their team lists on their web site? Why do CAS and AAGPS list the school by a one letter abbreviation, yet ISA, AICES, CHS, and CCC have different protocols to identify the schools of their players? Why do I not win the Powerball jackpot? Why do AAGPS not recognise their U16 team as an AAGPS representative team, yet the other Associations do?

Second question:
There were actually 6 Team Captains yesterday, four from the four AAGPS representative teams and the two CAS Team Captains. The latter were published, the former not.

Does it matter?

These are "Selection trial" games to choose the NSW All Schools teams to go to National Championships. I reckon that team captaincy isn't all that important in the eyes of the Selectors. Some parents, friends and associates worry about that sort of stuff more than the selectors.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Second question:

There were actually 6 Team Captains yesterday, four from the four AAGPS representative teams and the two CAS Team Captains. The latter were published, the former not.

Does it matter?

Not greatly as they probably have plenty of boys that have had leaderships roles before to choose from.

But it does mean something, they wouldn't give to anyone. They would give it to who they think would make good decisions and Lead.

Just gives an inkling into who the selectors rate for these duties.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
@HJ, unless I am snowed in and cant get over a mountain, I will be there.

If you are really scraping the barrel, I will write something but I think Lee medically retired me after Riverview V Shore.

You are funny NIS.

Me medically retiring someone? That would be the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm looking for my successor as I am pushing 80, and it takes me so long now to do things (no salacious inferences please).

But seriously - anybody who has an interest in taking over the weekly reporting of CAS and/or GPS games, as a start, and is willing to learn how to use the blogging software (WordPress) please give me a convo.

I can nurse them through how to publish blogs and the rats and mice of organising writers.

Or if people don't want to organise schools reports, we are always looking for writers on other rugby topics. Every year I am looking for Force Super Rugby writers and sometimes I am looking for Waratahs' writers to do previews and match reports.

To these ends - and others - we are interested in people who are not only willing to write on such matters, but are also willing to learn how to publish their own stuff, so they can be self-reliant. The next step is to audit and edit the work of others and set it out - which takes longer than the writing of it.

And the pay is great - I can guarantee that your salary will be increased 30% every month - no, make that 50%.

I'm digressing and the schools boss will cane me?

Excuuuuuse me HJ.

tragickingdom

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyone going along to Curagal Fields on Friday, or Boronia Park on Thursday who is prepared to help with assembling match reports, score updates, or taking some photos.

We are very lucky to have the services of the doyen of Rugby Writing, @Lee Grant, but it is a bit much to expect him to produce 7 match reports (5 from Friday and 2 from Thursday) for the blog front page in two days.

Anyone????

We have boys from all across the state playing, and not all parents, friends, and associates can make the trek to Sydney to watch the games.
If you can assist, please send a "conversation" to me and/or Lee Grant.

We are only looking for about 300 words on each game.

I will be at the venue all day. I can write a report after the day ends.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm looking for my successor as I am pushing 80, and it takes me so long now to do things (no salacious inferences please).

Lee, I reckon your good for at least another 10. Its only half time, go have some Oranges.

Seriously, I think Rich_E is your man. Doing legendary stuff.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Teams for NSW Trials - 24 June 2016
AICES v ISA II - 10am

AICES (1-23)

Philip Fehoko-Fine (Macarthur AC), Lochie Urquhart (Carinya CS), Jesse Heslehurst (Nowra AC), William Buster (Calrossy AC), Jacob Till (Inaburra), Reuben Vermaak (Shellharbour), Aron Peters (Parkes CS), Bai Rabuku (Regents Park CS), Ben Shelley (Green Point CC), Josh Nercessian (Green Point CC), Liam Kelly (Hunter Valley GS), Robert Afele (Mountain View AC), Cam Pitts (St Lukes GS), Nathan Vougdis (Reddam House), Ben Meyer (Rouse Hill). Reserves: James Flaherty (Reddam House), James Starkey (Hunter Valley GS), Jacob Van Dyke (Pittwater House), Lealofisa Papaliitele (Richard J), Charlie Meyers (Calrossy AC), David Hines (Calrossy AC), Tyler Sinhouser (Calrossy AC), Ben Tagg (Arndell College).

ISA II (1-23)

James Basha (St Patrick's College), Peter Hadlow (Oakhill College), Jack Brewer (Oakhill College), Tom Robson (Oakhill College), John Oxford (Oakhill College), Luke Ratcliff (St Augustine's C), Patrick Calavassy (St Patrick’s), Hunter Ward (St Stanislaus), Judd Kerrison (St Stanislaus), Joshua Hardie (St Stanislaus), Aaron Evans (Oakhill College), Matthew O'Hara (Oakhill College), Luke Humphrey (St Pius X), Matthew Kennedy (St Pius X), Nick Smith (St Stanislaus). Reserves: Clay Henry (St Pius X), Fionn Henderson-Foley (CCGS), Brandon Fa'Avae-Eli (St Gregory’s), Joe Yeomans (Kinross Wolaroi), Conor O'Brien (St Patrick’s), Gianluca Natoli (St Augustine’s), Cooper Johns (St Augustine’s), Alan Mckenzie (St Gregory’s).
CAS II v CCC - 11:10am

CAS II (1-23)

Tim Anstey (Barker), Matt Coghill (Barker), Brady Dawson (Knox), Lachlan Ireland (Knox), Lachlan Drew-Morris (Waverley), Matthew Stead (Trinity), Ben O'Sullivan (Waverley), Sipu Tuitavake (Trinity), Leo Bosch (Knox), Darcy Searl (Cranbrook), Jack Mazaraki (St Aloysius), Tom Fuller (Waverley) , Peter Slaven (St Aloysius), Byron Hollingworth-Dessent (Trinity), Harry Stocks (Knox). Reserves: Finn Wright (Waverley), Adam Hassan (Waverley), Kristian Souvaliotis (Trinity), William Denny (St Aloysius), Thomas Gee (Knox), Alex Heath (St Aloysius), Ben Donaldson (Waverley), Jaya Yoannidis (Waverley).

CCC (1-23)

Josh Foster (Mater Maria), Nicholas Dolly (Marian Catholic C), Richard Vakauta (Champagnat CC), Sam Gleeson (St Joseph’s), Esei Haangana (St Paul's CC), Riley Wilson (Xavier CC), Delahoya Manu (Patrician Brother’s), Frenele Betham (Patrician Brother’s), Jamieson Williams (St Joseph’s), Patrick Pellegrini (Champagnat CC), Joshua Deloila (St Paul's CC), William Harrison (Marcellin College), Jonathan Mitsias (Marcellin College), Edmund Pahulu (De La Salle, Ash), Angus Martin (St Edward's College). Reserves: Timothy Lilomaiava (Patrician Brothers), Ben Schaefer (St John's College), Oscar Cunningham (Trinity Catholic C), Jonathan Huddy (Xavier Catholic C), Jonte Witt (St Edward's College), Lachlan Stewart (James Sheahan), Tarquin Fahey (Mater Maria), Austin Latu (Patrician Brothers).
CAS I v ISA I - 12:20pm

CAS 1 (1-15)

Connor Grindal (Knox), Jack Upton (Knox), Liam Smith (Waverley), Liam Rasch (Trinity), Nicholas Frost (Knox), Hugh Margin (Knox), Josh Kemeny (Cranbrook), Milan Basson (Knox), Tyzak Jordan (Waverley), Tom Woodcock (Knox), Jackson Mohi (Waverley), Jordan Morris (Trinity), James Armstrong (Knox), Zac Carr (Waverley), Ryan Longville (Trinity).

ISA I (1-15Cameron Prince (St Augustine’s), Jack Ongosia (St Augustine’s), Bo Abra (St Stanislaus C), Louie Hudson (St Augustine’s), Max Douglas (St Augustine’s), Jack Lamph (Kinross Wolaroi), Mila Hingano (St Augustine’s), Willy Manu (St Augustine’s), Dimitry Chipizubov (Oakhill C), Adam Doueihi (St Patrick’s), Samuel Delores (Oakhill C), James Sidery (St Augustine’s), Charles Mortimer (Kinross Wolaroi), Jack Veitch (St Stanislaus), Bailey McAndrew (St Augustine’s).
CHS II v GPS II - 1:30pm

CHS II (1-24)

Dylan Valeni (Westfield SHS), Tametai Lomax (Glenwood HS), J-W Boath-Moananu (Westfields), Brandon Kemp (Cronulla HS), Travis Gifford (Alstonville HS), Penimapa Tuitupou (Hills SHS), Davis Harara (Merewether HS), Matthew Fisk (Brisbane WSC), Ben Lewis (Menai HS), Billy Carberry (Mudgee HS), Mikey Pita (Leumeah HS), Zach Stewart (Endeavour SHS), Vea Tapaatoutai (Hills SHS), Haumole Olakauatu (Ashcroft HS), Dallas Paterson (Hills SHS). Reserves: Duncan Ryan (Hills SHS), Maylee Semu (Ashfield BHS), Aistan Fidow (Griffith HS), Joel Diveritie (Westfields SHS), Finn Heath (Barrenjoey HS), Ben Harding (Brisbane Water SC), Raka Poaru (Sarah Redfern HS), Ryan Donnelly (Terrigal HS), Tre Finau (Westfields SHS).

GPS II (1-23)

Tom Osborne (Riverview), Harry Todd (Scots), Frank Cutler (Riverview), Rory Suttor (Shore), Tom Silk (Riverview), George Miller (Scots), Hugh Green (Scots), Tom Serhon (Newington), Kyle Brown (Kings), Bayley Kuenzle (Newington), Lachie Day (St Joseph's C), Matthew Orpen (Kings), Rhys Millar (Kings), Oliver Smeallie (Riverview), Matthew McTaggart (St Joseph's C), L Edwards. Reserves: J Lynch, D Lombardi, G Finlayson, N Lawson, B Miller, N Shannon, L Rixton.
CHS I v GPS I - 2:40pm

CHS 1 (1-15)

Dan Matthew (Kariong Mt HS), Jacob Bristowe (Westfields SHS), David Tifa (Ashcroft HS), Tom Badger (Barrenjoey HS), Nick Bracken (Lisarow HS), Edward Fry (NBSC Freshwater), Harry Turner (Epping Boys HS), Ben Gleeson (NBSC Cromer), Terry Fanolua (Westfields SHS), Kieran Hyaman (Hills SHS), Siaosi Mafi (Hills SHS), Zac Tuala (Hills SHS), Charles Shepherd (Asquith B HS), Daniel Bell (Port Hacking HS), Natane Masima (Westfields SHS).

GPS I (1-15)

Darcy Breen (Scots), Charlie Jaevons-Fellows (Scots), Opeti Helu (Newington), Nick Brown (The Kings School), Sam Ridley (Scots), Charles Rorke (Riverview), Dylan Pietsch (The Kings School), Michael Fenn (Riverview), Will Haskins (Shore), Alec Sheldon (Sydney Grammar), Tyrone Taukamo (Newington C), Nick Wilkinson (Joeys), Will Terry (Riverview), Yirribi Jaffer-Williams (Joeys), Luke Osborne (Kings).

Obviously hasn't been adjusted for injuries

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ The lack of a Team Rehab adjustment is probably due to the requirement to meet a deadline with the program printers.

Wait until your lads hit Colts and Grade and see the variances between the Team Lists submitted to the Competition Manager on Wednesday's, and the actual 1-15 that start on Saturday.

They are a work of fiction that L. Ron Hubbard would be proud of.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
These are "Selection trial" games to choose the NSW All Schools teams to go to National Championships. I reckon that team captaincy isn't all that important in the eyes of the Selectors. Some parents, friends and associates worry about that sort of stuff more than the selectors.

Someone has to call heads or tails.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.