• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 - schools, NSWJRU / SJRU / CRJU 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Bold selection predictions? CAS started yesterday - club rugby moves into round 3 today - state championships to be played in about a month.

U16 Rep threads from years gone by have always been lively - time to come to life for 2013.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is this the year to align the U16's with the Open Schoolboys and select a NSW I, NSW II and a Combined States Team?

The ongoing masonic horsetrading between NSW Schools and NSW Country, and NSW Schools and Sydney Juniors is rather silly.

Follow the Queensland example.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is this the year to align the U16's with the Open Schoolboys and select a NSW I, NSW II and a Combined States Team?

The ongoing masonic horsetrading between NSW Schools and NSW Country, and NSW Schools and Sydney Juniors is rather silly.

Follow the Queensland example.

less than 10 minutes to reply to a new thread, must be some kind of record!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bit too early to say too much about the teams as the comps are only just under way.

CJRU have a selection weekend last weekend IIRC. Any scribes from the Bush care to comment?

CAS has just had one game, SJRU three rounds. ISA and GPS are still in trial mode. We all know about the lip service granted to CHS, CCC, and AICES players.

I think whichever of NSW I, NSW Schools, or SJRU is chosen to be the "first choice" team will definately have measured up Henry Hutchinson and Jack MacGregor for a playing strip.

There a couple of other 15 year olds in NGS as I have been told. A young lad from Auggies who may also be the same as a young'un from the Rats who was outstanding at City juniors U15 last year.

I can't see the selectors straying too far from the City and Country Juniors U15 squads last year as the starting point for the selections.

Watch this space.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Was casual spectator at Koola Pk yesterday and saw Lindfield v Newport going at each other with a fair degree of aggression..who is the Lindfield no. 9? ...was impressive. Also noticed that a number of stars of the past didnt seem to be present including the above mentioned Lindfield duo from View. Funnily enough there was some View boys playing I recognised (no 13 to mention one.)

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Was casual spectator at Koola Pk yesterday and saw Lindfield v Newport going at each other with a fair degree of aggression..who is the Lindfield no. 9? .was impressive. Also noticed that a number of stars of the past didnt seem to be present including the above mentioned Lindfield duo from View. Funnily enough there was some View boys playing I recognised (no 13 to mention one.)

Games between Lindfield v Newport have been very willing affairs in this age group for a number of years and produced some high quality clashes, including the last couple of grand finals. These teams have also provided the nucleus for the Gordon and Warringah rep teams, respectively.

Given the aforementioned key players' upcoming commitments to the AAGPS Athletics meet next Saturday combined with representative rugby training and school opens training, suggest that their omission from yesterday's clash was entirely understandable.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Games between Lindfield v Newport have been very willing affairs in this age group for a number of years and produced some high quality clashes, including the last couple of grand finals. These teams have also provided the nucleus for the Gordon and Warringah rep teams, respectively.

Given the aforementioned key players' upcoming commitments to the AAGPS Athletics meet next Saturday combined with representative rugby training and school opens training, suggest that their omission from yesterday's clash was entirely understandable.
Thanks thought as much..noticed the large redheaded Newport stalwart was also not there for probably the same reason....good game even without....might have to drag some U16 Beasties out of enforced retirement for a one off for old times sakes..we miss those games.:)

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
It seems most of the last years NSW backs have found their way to AAGPS institutions. I would imagine they will be a big part of presidents 1s and 2s I don't know if they are graded or selected for complimentary playing styles
I don't recall many CAS lads in the final mix last year
ISA teams members from Warringah Gordon Eastwood Parramatta and the bush will create a core that look to perform as well as last years ISA team as there will be a handy set of pigs amongst them. Huge has already alluded to a few of them
A Presidents/ISA match may not be far removed from the Newport - Lindfield Matchs so missed above I am sure the players would be pretty familiar with each other

There were a couple of u/15 flankers playing in the CHS side last year I hope they have another opportunity to display their wares and dont get lost in the maelstrom that is that association.

I hope not too many of the country boys have come to town or followed the big No.5 to Qld as the country team was pretty well balanced and gave Sydney Quite a shake

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
It seems most of the last years NSW backs have found their way to AAGPS institutions. I would imagine they will be a big part of presidents 1s and 2s I don't know if they are graded or selected for complimentary playing styles
I don't recall many CAS lads in the final mix last year
ISA teams members from Warringah Gordon Eastwood Parramatta and the bush will create a core that look to perform as well as last years ISA team as there will be a handy set of pigs amongst them. Huge has already alluded to a few of them
A Presidents/ISA match may not be far removed from the Newport - Lindfield Matchs so missed above I am sure the players would be pretty familiar with each other

There were a couple of u/15 flankers playing in the CHS side last year I hope they have another opportunity to display their wares and dont get lost in the maelstrom that is that association.

I hope not too many of the country boys have come to town or followed the big No.5 to Qld as the country team was pretty well balanced and gave Sydney Quite a shake
Origin match would be fun then they would still be included. Probably more fun unearthing(pun intended) a few fresh faces who may not have been seen otherwise. The lads who are now in the big smoke will see enough game time methinks.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
was the pun that you would like to see the newly cultivated agrarian combatants "unearthed" im a bit slow?

footylover101

Allen Oxlade (6)
cas started yesterday, barker,knox,aloys and trinity will fight it out not as strong as gps but quite a lot of rep players in the mix

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Bit too early to say too much about the teams as the comps are only just under way.

CJRU have a selection weekend last weekend IIRC. Any scribes from the Bush care to comment?

CAS has just had one game, SJRU three rounds. ISA and GPS are still in trial mode. We all know about the lip service granted to CHS, CCC, and AICES players.

I think whichever of NSW I, NSW Schools, or SJRU is chosen to be the "first choice" team will definately have measured up Henry Hutchinson and Jack MacGregor for a playing strip.

There a couple of other 15 year olds in NGS as I have been told. A young lad from Auggies who may also be the same as a young'un from the Rats who was outstanding at City juniors U15 last year.

I can't see the selectors straying too far from the City and Country Juniors U15 squads last year as the starting point for the selections.

Watch this space.
The country list is on their website for the under 16 s and 17 s. Quite a few omissions and a load of new names.Two very talented players from Illawarra not making it, after returning from a CHS tour of NZ the day before......yet 11 players from Illawarra named in the 17 s. Only four names recognised from last years National side James Wilkinson and Lapana Vitale and Kieron Bonin and Peter Ivic

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
The country list is on their website for the under 16 s and 17 s. Quite a few omissions and a load of new names.Two very talented players from Illawarra not making it, after returning from a CHS tour of NZ the day before..yet 11 players from Illawarra named in the 17 s. Only four names recognised from last years National side James Wilkinson and Lapana Vitale and Kieron Bonin and Peter Ivic

Hard to pick a lot from Illawarra U/16's as they lost both their pool games and finished 5th overall at Country Championships. Illawarra U/17's won the championship convincingly and had 11 picked as a result. Hard to argue! :)

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Hard to pick a lot from Illawarra U/16's as they lost both their pool games and finished 5th overall at Country Championships. Illawarra U/17's won th chamionship convincingly and had 11 picked as a result. hard to argue! :)
Convincingly by 3 points!!!!!Looking at the teams in the 17 s Illawarra played four games, winning all, including the Grandfinal, Central Coast played 5 winning all except the Grandfinal, loss by 3.
Very close game yet only 4 players from Central Coast made country selections. Looking at the games, the scores and the results, thought both teams were pretty equally balanced!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The country list is on their website for the under 16 s and 17 s. Quite a few omissions and a load of new names.Two very talented players from Illawarra not making it, after returning from a CHS tour of NZ the day before..yet 11 players from Illawarra named in the 17 s. Only four names recognised from last years National side James Wilkinson and Lapana Vitale and Kieron Bonin and Peter Ivic

While this is the U16 thread, with indulgence taking the lead from Rugby Mum and wreckless comments above, I am aware of about 5 of last years country NSW 16`s boys heading across the Tweed to Ippy Grammar, TSS and Nudgee, and one who is now with Wests Pirates Colts. Some others may also be lost to NSW country having moved to city schools to finish their education.

A tough challenge for the Junior Cockatoos to rebuild an U17 team from almost scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.