• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ that would depend entirely on what you tested positive for :)

Farah Palmer Cup Championship Final highlights:

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In case anyone's wondering, the 17 Unions to have held the Shield are: North Auckland (Northland these days), North Harbour, Auckland, Counties-Manukau, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Taranaki, Manawhenua (combined Manawatu & Horowhenua who were no doubt the dominant partner :cool:), Manawatu, Hawke's Bay, Wairarapa (prior to absorbing Bush), Wellington, Marlborough, Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago, Southland.

More detail here:

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Commented a few pages back that the Bay had a huge advantage wrt knowing what Shield footy is all about whereas only one current Mako player had played in a challenge before today. Hopefully this is the loss that teaches them how to win next time (assuming it doesn't take nine years to get another crack, of course :)).

Oh, well done Magpies btw :).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Now that is what I call a game of rugby!! Shit it was proper Shield rugby!

I know you Aussie boys probably missed it, but if you watch, the Hawkes Bay coach is coming over to the Force, I think he a great buy!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Assuming Covid doesn't totally fuck the season (case just announced in Katikati BofP) I think we have to start regarding Magpies as genuine title contenders. Just tell them they're playing for the Shield every week & as long as Ash Dixon doesn't completely disintegrate it's a sure-fire thing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Assuming Covid doesn't totally fuck the season (case just announced in Katikati BofP) I think we have to start regarding Magpies as genuine title contenders. Just tell them they're playing for the Shield every week & as long as Ash Dixon doesn't completely disintegrate it's a sure-fire thing.
Dixon surely is a follow me leader isn't he WOB? Ienjoyed Enari's game at 9 too was impressive, I was pretty keen on him a couple of years back, but he seemed to not step up as much as I thought he would!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Enari had that awful injury while at CruSadists a while back, dislocated fracture to the lower leg I think? As you've noted before it takes a while to come back from that, if you ever actually do. AshD is just a superb player, never realistically in the AB frame but totally suited to the levels he's at & obviously has the mana that lets you get away with things that others wouldn't. An invisibility korowai if you will :).

Edit: just want to add, how does Lincoln McClutchie not warrant a Super Rugby contract? Really hope those Moana Pasifika rumours are true, kid deserves it & he'd be an asset to them for sure.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Heartland Championship Week 4:

Buller 12-27 Horowhenua-Kapiti
East Coast 12-34 South Canty
King Country 13-48 Whanganui

North Otago 12-10 Poverty Bay
West Coat 8-27 Thames Valley
Wairarapa Bush 18-28 Mid Canty

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Taranaki keep rolling on & over anyone in their way:

One of the Comms in the Shield game implied that the top two Championship sides would join the six remaining in the Premiership for an eight-team playoff series which would be a pretty good Plan B: I roughed out my idea of the 11 playing out a round-robin but there's just not enough time to get it done by 27/11 without some poor pricks having to play three or in some cases four games in 10-12 days.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Premiership Standings​

Pos.PWDLPFPATFTATBLB+/-BPPtsForm
1Hawkes Bay540115412620133028319LWWWW
2Tasman640218614123202045218WWWLWL
3Waikato530215713222184125517WWLWL
4Wellington620421217629234436816WLLLLW
5Canterbury5302118127151521-9315LWWWL
6Bay Of Plenty5203139161202041-22513LWLLW
7Auckland210146405411626WL

Taranaki (22) well clear in the Championship from Manawatu currently on 13 & playing Southland in Invers today which could be a close one the way the Stags have been going.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Southland's run of late fades continues:

Daylight between 'naki, 'tu & the rest of the Championship now.

1. Taranaki 22
2. Manawatu 18
3. Northland 6
4. Otago 5
5. North Harbour 4
6. Southland 2
7. Counties-Manukau 0

Last edited: