• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby Competitions 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep and there someone in Waikanae rugby got money too, I know my nephew was offered a few grand to head down there as he finished college by someone who was behind Waikanae, he was already at fielding Ag by then and just stayed Manawatu. Good on Waikanae I remember us taking Athletic seniors down to train with Waikanae in 94, to give some encouragement type thing as they always been a struggling senior B club, and then they end up one of strong clubs :rolleyes:. Sometimes things come back to bite you.:mad:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ambrose Curtis finishes off one of the great Shield tries, Otere Black converts: Manawatu 7-3 Waikato who put the restart dead, midfield scrum Manawatu.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
DMac & Black trade penalties, HT Manawatu 10-9 Waikato.

The early game was a thriller, Otago 33-32 Bay of Plenty, four tries each & must've been six or eight lead-changes. Not many teams take max points from their "double-up" round so makes Otago's class even more apparent. Genuine Championship contenders.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FT Waikato 19-10 Manawatu, could easily have been 25-10 if DMac had his kicking boots on. Brave Challenge but too many errors.

One for the refs out there: Waikato front-runner collides with Manawatu defender ~5m out, player taken-out defender would likely have tackled tips the ball on, try time. Ref awards the try then, after the conversion, asks TMO to look at possible foul play. WTF? Surely you check for the foul play before awarding the try? (TBF ref had his back turned, probably got the call from AR or maybe it was all the Manawatu players blowing up about it :)).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Week 3 Heartland fixtures:

Mid Cant'y v Wairarapa Bush, Ashburton
Thames Valley v King Country, Te Aroha
North Otago v Horowhenua Kapiti, Dunedin (curtain-raiser to Otago v Tasman)
Poverty Bay v Buller, Gisborne
Wanganui v South Cant'y, Whanganui
West Coast v East Coast, Greymouth

Standings:

http://www.heartlandchampionship.co.nz/Fixtures/Standings

NZRU have retrospectively changed the losing BP threshold from seven points to eight, the above Table may or may not allow for that as it was only announced Friday & I haven't "done the math" just yet.

http://www.heartlandchampionship.co...10-heartland-championship-bonus-points-system

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
DMac & Black trade penalties, HT Manawatu 10-9 Waikato.

The early game was a thriller, Otago 33-32 Bay of Plenty, four tries each & must've been six or eight lead-changes. Not many teams take max points from their "double-up" round so makes Otago's class even more apparent. Genuine Championship contenders.
Otago certainly showed some great skill and intent.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Cantabs v Otago on 24 Sep is gunna be epic!

It should be good but I have strong fears a paddle might be brought out. Canterbury averaging ~47 points so far.

2015.8.10-Paddlin.png

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
It should be good but I have strong fears a paddle might be brought out. Canterbury averaging ~47 points so far.
I've said elsewhere that this Canterbury team is playing very, very well. Putting the ball in front of the man, moving it quickly to space, not too many of the over-rated cut-out pass. Just basic skills performed excellently. With confidence.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HT Hawkes Bay 11-3 Auckland. Ihaia West has all the Bay's points so far. Upset in the making or will Aucks resume normal service in the second 40?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, a bit like last week: they looked pretty average for most of the game but turned it on for 10 minutes. Feel for West, another so-so night with the boot when he could easily have won it for them.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes, that last kick looked good for quite a while before the wind took it away. Overall he played quite well.
I'm not sure that Reiko Ioane would have been popular in the sheds after giving that penalty away. He "must" have known that a tackle had been effected. Yes, I know this is an easy game from the lounge room chair.

G

galumay

Entertaining game, some great tries, exciting rugby and a last minute result. HB would be very disappointed they couldnt translate a better effort into a win.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'm not sure that Reiko Ioane would have been popular in the sheds after giving that penalty away. He "must" have known that a tackle had been effected. Yes, I know this is an easy game from the lounge room chair.

That boy is certainly looking like he going to have a big future at 13, I know I said earlier in a post I see him and ALB as our midfield combo 2023 WC and the more I see of the 2 of them the more I convinced. Think Ioane certainly has still quite a few things to work on, and we have to see how he is at setting up outsides, but initial package looks pretty reasonable.
Have to say I really enjoyed game, and admit to cheering for the Bay, and was pleased to see former Logan boy Garland getting a start on the wing, he went not to bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.