• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders (NZ) Rugby Team Thread.

The Crusaders Rugby Football Team

• I begrudgingly respect their success

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I do not

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I hate them

• We all hate them

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I welcome their tumble into mediocrity

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I prefer that Auckland team, you know, "The Auckland Blues"

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The disintegration of the Cantabs empire gives me a stiffy so big it blots out the motherfucking sun

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • They had a good run but enough is enough

• Commentator Tony Johnstone having to witness their decline + Blues ascension = Major Stiffy Time

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I like pole

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If he doesn't come back soon there might not be any point coming back this year at all.
Naa mate he a rugby man, he doesn't come back just to win comps! But as I say just a whisper, and more about he be back next year.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Naa mate he a rugby man, he doesn't come back just to win comps! But as I say just a whisper, and more about he be back next year.
If he want's to come back "for the pointy end" someone at the Crusaders is going to need to win something though. Unless he just want's to be in a friendly timezone to watch the finals.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ he's committed to Pau for their season which means early June if they don't make the finals (currently mid-table I've read) or late June if they do. So would struggle to get back in time & as he wasn't on the books in March I doubt he'd be eligible for Crusadets selection anyways.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ he's committed to Pau for their season which means early June if they don't make the finals (currently mid-table I've read) or late June if they do. So would struggle to get back in time & as he wasn't on the books in March I doubt he'd be eligible for Crusadets selection anyways.
Would need an injury etc to be allowed in squad anyway, but I thin the idea of him coming back for this year was just a hopeful thing, even if Pau didn't make finals and finished in May.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
crustable.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ nice scoop from the Onehunga Oracle, it's long been my go-to for quality rugby journalism...

Can realistically only see two wins from last six games, Clan away & Moana at home. Reds at home I'd rate as a 25% chance but even with a heap of players* due to return from injury next week & the week after I can't see them beating any of the currently second-, third- or fourth-ranked Blues at home, Brumbies away or Rebels at home. It's so depressing I haven't even bothered to do the exercise of seeing if Moana and/ or Clan can be overtaken to avoid the wooden spoon :(

* one being Williams who I doubt will be wanting to leave his newborn in a Dunners incubator any time soon.