• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders (NZ) Rugby Team Thread.

The Crusaders Rugby Football Team

• I begrudgingly respect their success

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I do not

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I hate them

• We all hate them

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I welcome their tumble into mediocrity

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I prefer that Auckland team, you know, "The Auckland Blues"

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The disintegration of the Cantabs empire gives me a stiffy so big it blots out the motherfucking sun

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • They had a good run but enough is enough

• Commentator Tony Johnstone having to witness their decline + Blues ascension = Major Stiffy Time

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I like pole

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Poor new coach

hitlergif.gif

"With Richie Mounga and Will Jordan, it should
be a fairly straight run-in to yet another title....."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Poor @waiopehu oldboy must be having an aneurysm in his gruds right about now.

That fucking Cantabs backline tonight:

- Hotham. Big. Fucking. Deal. More like Coldham.
- Grannypants Aumua: "Mercenaries. Useless. Nothing more to keep them in a battle other than a meagre wage. Which is just about enough to make them want to kill for you. But never enough to make them want to die for you"
- Brainfart Havili: not an All Blacks arsehole.
- Sevu Reece: slower than Stranger Things Edmed in a footrace ffs
- 1st 5 Kumara: lol@ his funny little stumpy legs when he takes a shot at goal. Fucking thing has no hope of even making it to the goalposts ffs

Last edited:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

- Grannypants Aumua: "Mercenaries. Useless. Nothing more to keep them in a battle other than a meagre wage. Which is just about enough to make them want to kill for you. But never enough to make them want to die for you"
- 1st 5 Kumara: lol@ his funny little stumpy legs when he takes a shot at goal. Fucking thing has no hope of even making it to the goalposts ffs
Havili also looked to be well over weight too I thought. The big difference between the two backlines was in the 9/10 spots. Tahs with a couple of experienced Super players, while the Cru two looked and played like they came straight from school.

I was just as surprised, though, by the lack of endeavour in the Crusaders' pack. Grace was pretty much invisible and was replaced rather early. Gardiner did very little. Tahs backrow was much more involved and effective. Cru front row won the scrum battle with more than a little help from the ref (in my opinion). Holloway tore their lineout to shreds. Where was the second row at lineout time? Barrett otherwise went ok in general play but had very little support from the rest of his pack.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I think I pretty much predicted this after Reihana went down. Kemara has big raps on him but he's nowhere near starting Super Rugby 10 level yet.

Makes next week a must-win which given it's in Lautoka may be a bit too much of an ask for the current group :(

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From rugbypass.com:

"Former Wales wing Johnny McNicholl has been released from his Scarlets contract upon request in order to return to his native New Zealand.

"The winger’s next destination is yet to be revealed."

I'm guessing somewhere North of the Waitaki River but South of Cook's Strait...

LOL the person who writes the TV1 sports news thinks he's being rushed back to solve the 5/8 crisis, bloke has AFAIK only ever played wing or fullback & maybe filled in at 13.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
LOL the person who writes the TV1 sports news thinks he's being rushed back to solve the 5/8 crisis, bloke has AFAIK only ever played wing or fullback & maybe filled in at 13.
Maybe he's just not used to the Crusader's having multiple concurrent crises?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
F*** me they can't catch a break can they (or not the ones they want). Hearing there a little confusion in the camp at moment on direction etc, but that could all be just nothing too.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hearing whispers on grapevine that Whitelock could well be back for Super next year and possibly even pointy end of super this year. Also I know it Blues but don't die of shock if BB suits up for Blues sin
milar time!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Hearing whispers on grapevine that Whitelock could well be back for Super next year and possibly even pointy end of super this year. Also I know it Blues but don't die of shock if BB suits up for Blues sin
milar time!
If he doesn't come back soon there might not be any point coming back this year at all.