• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Official Sean McMahon Bandwagon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
michael-cheika-2742010-390x285.jpg

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
To be honest, I'm pretty sure it's not McMahon that will save us, it will be his son, Heyzeus. Sent to release us from our Rugby sin.

Heyzeus McMahon, has a nice ring about it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't expect him to perform as well as he did last week but most on here seem to have set the kid up for a fall.

I just hope he goes well and has a big dig. Am sure he will.

I think most people are of the opinion that comments made on an internet forum have absolutely no impact on how a person plays.

Now I agree that many sportspeople and sports fans are highly superstitious but thinking you have the power to change events on a rugby field on the other side of the world with a few keystrokes is a bit silly.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think most people are of the opinion that comments made on an internet forum have absolutely no impact on how a person plays.

Now I agree that many sportspeople and sports fans are highly superstitious but thinking you have the power to change events on a rugby field on the other side of the world with a few keystrokes is a bit silly.

Really agree BH. But fans are awefully quick to pull a bloke down, when he doesn't achieve peoples ' unrealistic expectations. Sad really

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Comparing the 2 backrows, who exactly is McMahon up against? Are Wales light-weights? It's not like he is up against a large aggressive SA pack so I think he will be quite effective. Correct me if I am wrong.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Comparing the 2 backrows, who exactly is McMahon up against? Are Wales light-weights? It's not like he is up against a large aggressive SA pack so I think he will be quite effective. Correct me if I am wrong.

We are giving up about 14kg in the backrow I believe.

Warburton and Lydiate are both about 5-7kg heavier than Hooper and McMahon. They are also both a few cms taller than our guys.

Faletau seems slightly heavier than McCalman but slightly shorter.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Seriously though, isn't it more the meeja doing the talking-up in most cases? I always thought you'd have a Wallaby player saying something like,

"Yeah we trained pretty well and I think if we stick to our game-plan, we should be in for a good showing."

which is then converted to,

"WALLABIES PROMISE TO DESTROY ALL BLACKS BY AT LEAST 100 POINTS - AS WELL AS GOING BACK IN TIME AND ERASING EVERY HISTORIC ALL BLACK WIN."

which then gets everyone fired up. For sure Coaches are always vying for underdog status.

Wish it could be more like boxing - both team reps do a weigh-in and promise that they will smash the other.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
JOC (James O'Connor) didn't. Quade did. So did CFS and Digby and Barnes.

Not sure what the relevance of this is though.

The winning try, no less, to save us from a very, very embarassing loss. And, there was more than a hint of obstruction in the try - I believe it was Nathan Sharpe that took out a defender?

Status
Not open for further replies.