• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

OK, who's injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Maybe a better question is who is NOT injured. Off the top of my head:

Horwill (ankle)
Daley (shoulder?)
Waugh (?)
TPN (shoulder?)
Davies (concussion?)
Hynes (?)

I reckon Horwill looked the worst, but at least it was an ankle and not a knee or shoulder I suppose.

Have I missed anyone?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
They said Waugh had a bicep complaint. Baxter appears to have had some cramp. The Tahs don't appear to have suffered anything too serious (knock on wood).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yep, Horwill looked the worst.
Waugh can't be killed with an axe.
TPN will be OK, but I wish he would stop trying to kill himself.
Davies will be OK
Daley might be a concern - looked like forearm maybe? Shoulder?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Hickey mentioned Barnes, so maybe he should be added to the list. Didn't see him go down.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Barnes got knocked out tackling Ioane. Still managed to complete the tackle. When he tried to get up and fell back on his ass and then could even kneel. He was telling Lawrence I am alright and Lawrence said to him you can't even stand up. When Sharon Flahive came on to him he asked what the score was. He will have the concussion tests this week and we shall see.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Looked like an ankle - if it's just ligaments, maybe not too bad. Geez I hope for him, for Qld and for Aus he is not gone for long.

The real worry with ankles is if it's a syndesmosis injury or high ankle sprain, which seems to make months to come back from. Hopefully this is not the problem as Horwill deserves better luck than he has had and the Reds need him back as soon as possible.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The real worry with ankles is if it's a syndesmosis injury or high ankle sprain, which seems to make months to come back from. Hopefully this is not the problem as Horwill deserves better luck than he has had and the Reds need him back as soon as possible.
I was thinking more a rolled ankle, rather than a separation or bad sprain of the syndesmosis. That could be a disaster.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Just read on a Saffa news site that Juan Smith has torn his Achillies and will be out for 6 to 9 months thereby missing the RWC. Big Big blow to the Boks.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Would you believe he went off 2 mins into the game last night. That's how good the Cheetahs played.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Just saw Queensland hope and expectation wander into Emergency as I drove past Concord Hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.