• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

OK, who's injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Just saw Queensland hope and expectation wander into Emergency as I drove past Concord Hospital.

Funny bugger, aren't you. :)

Just saw on the news that due to health cuts they are still waiting for a bed.

sevenpointdropgoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
Funny bugger, aren't you. :)

Just saw on the news that due to health cuts they are still waiting for a bed.

That'll teach you idiots not come to Sydney and get injured anywhere west of Five Dock. If they'd have been at the SFS they'd have had a gold plated helicopter cart the injured to Prince of Wales. As it is, you'll be lucky if the Emergency medical staff don't drag Horwill around the back of the hospital and shoot him.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
That's such a shame for Juan Smith. One of the Saffa players I really enjoy seeing play, and after he had to take so long off for personal reasons it was good seeing him back in action. FFS, I feel worse than if Rocky did his Achilles!

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That's such a shame for Juan Smith. One of the Saffa players I really enjoy seeing play, and after he had to take so long off for personal reasons it was good seeing him back in action. FFS, I feel worse than if Rocky did his Achilles!

Agree. One of my favourite players. World XV quality every year for the past 5 (well at least 3).

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Horwill will miss at least a week with lateral ligament damage in his left ankle, while Rod Davies (cheekbone and hip flexor), Peter Hynes (knee) and Eddie Quirk (ribs) will require tests.

NSW skipper Waugh will likely miss at least a week with a bicep problem, however Polota-Nau (head knock and shoulder) and Barnes should recover fine.

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=582444&vId=

The dire fallout for the Reds extends to skipper James Horwill (ankle ligaments) certainly being out of Saturday night's clash against the ACT Brumbies in Canberra.

Winger Rod Davies will have X-rays on the cheekbone he fractured last year.

Fullback Peter Hynes (knee), flanker Ed Quirk (ribs) and prop Ben Daley (shoulder stinger) are also in the casualty ward.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...nst-the-waratahs/story-e6frep5o-1226012568545

M

Muttonbird

TPN will be OK, but I wish he would stop trying to kill himself.

I worry about Polota-Now.

He receives a lot of man-love but never seems to be totally free from injury. He's got a dodgy shoulder right now which, as you say, seems to be a result of over-enthusism or poor technique. To try to dampen this enthusiasm may snuff out his destructive ability.

I hope we are not witnessing a flash-in-the-pan type player.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
There are only a couple of reds who have made any progress in my eyes this season so far - Ioane and Davies. One coming back from injury and showing his previous appetite for contact, and the second .... well, I thought he was a fast lightweight. Now he is fast, lightweight, but at least committed.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
That's huge for the Boks....poor guy - as much as he won't be missed by me at the RWC, you gotta feel for the bloke...

Big blow. Luckily Willem Alberts came through on the EOYT. Half decent season for him and he will start in the RWC. Alternative will be to play Burger and Brussow together. Depends on oppo.

We lose buckets in leadership without Juan though and we don't often get outmuscled with him around.

sevenpointdropgoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
It was 3 weeks before the start of the season so he'll be back after the bye which is after the Crusaders game. It's tough who to bench.

I'd imagine it'd be better easing him back in from the bench considering how long he's been out and how well the replacements are going. He'll be an excellent player to have running off the bench for a few weeks, and it'd help ease him back in. It's taken the two Bens quite a while to work back in, and they still aren't up to their previous standard, and we certainly don't want to do a Horwill with him and have him injured two games after his return.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I think we should loan TPN out to one of the Kiwi franchises. As much as I have a huge man-crush on him and he is favourite player, the new competition has too many local derbies and TPN is a killing machine. If he keeps putting on hits like that there will be no injury-free wallabies available for the World Cup.

Maybe we can get a G&GR highlights real on all the big hits of the game on the weekend?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
You should loan him to a south african team other than the Bulls. He seems to always missile himself at FDP, happens every time they play against each other.

Its funny how someone that hits and runs like a train can throw bachanded offloads and overhead passes. Absolute legend

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Not that sharpest tool in the shed TPN is he?

Just back from a long injury and every tackle made he has to project himself like a human missile. Sometimes it's okay to just stop the guy and contest.

Guys like him and Schalk Burger always look like they could break themselves in half.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I think we should loan TPN out to one of the Kiwi franchises. As much as I have a huge man-crush on him and he is favourite player, the new competition has too many local derbies and TPN is a killing machine. If he keeps putting on hits like that there will be no injury-free wallabies available for the World Cup.

Maybe we can get a G&GR highlights real on all the big hits of the game on the weekend?

Almost shat myself when I saw him lying like he was in a coffin after one of the hits

Status
Not open for further replies.