• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Premier Rugby 2013 Ins and Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He could be a bit shorter. I have only seen him on the field so it's hard to tell sometimes.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Easts have posted requests for coaching applicants from 1st grade down, so the prem squad coaches will probs stay the same. They had about 5 coaches this year for that one team.

Hopefully some people come forward and put their hand up to coach the lower teams, as they have gone backwards for 4 years since we won the shield.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
22? I guess 193cm?
Not a chance he's 193cm. Higgers is 195 and dwarfs him. And that is probably a reason behind not getting picked up yet. 6's and 8's at the professional level need to be genuine lineout options at super 15 level and if they are not they need to be exceptional elsewhere. I think he's a great premier player but not physically at the level of super 15 at 6 or 8.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Easts have posted requests for coaching applicants from 1st grade down, so the prem squad coaches will probs stay the same. They had about 5 coaches this year for that one team.

Hopefully some people come forward and put their hand up to coach the lower teams, as they have gone backwards for 4 years since we won the shield.
From the whispers around the place they are once again getting some of the best schoolboys from this year. I guess from what you've said they are blaming the poor results on coaching?? Strange considering they have half the QRU on staff. I reckon they'll go good in 2013, they have too many good players not to.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
From the whispers around the place they are once again getting some of the best schoolboys from this year. I guess from what you've said they are blaming the poor results on coaching?? Strange considering they have half the QRU on staff. I reckon they'll go good in 2013, they have too many good players not to.

I wasn't talking about the premier grade side when referring to asking for coaching applicants. I said 1st grade down, that's excluding prem grade. As I said they have about 5 coaches in prem grade, none of which are employed by QRU, it might be different with the colts coaches. In fact I was informed the blame was put squarely on the players of the mid and lower grades for poor performances at the Clubs end of year Dinner.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
What's the deal with Easts, some say they are knocking on the receiver's door, some say they are throwing around cash like drunken sailors??

From last years AGM and conversations this year Easts are in the best financial position in a long, long time. Thanks to a very pro-active board and great support. It helps having a spectator friendly venue. But I don't think any club could be found guilty of being loose with their wallet.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
All i will say is from what I gather from my sources and observations there is a lot of unspoken 'you scratch my back and i will scratch yours' happening at easts between coach & coach and coach & player.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
All i will say is from what I gather from my sources and observations there is a lot of unspoken 'you scratch my back and i will scratch yours' happening at easts between coach & coach and coach & player.
TD you gotta give us a bit more than that. That's very vague, I think I know what your talking about but i could be way off the mark at the same time....

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Mate i fear persecution PM me your story and i will tell you mine

Also i think your spot on about Arvier the physically not up to it?

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I would say Arvier is about 190cm so on the short side but still taller than browning. Arvier is a tremendous athlete. Ran a 4.85 for the 40 down at the brumbies and would be the strongest in the gym by a long way at uni. I remember when he 19 and 4 months post shoulder recon he benched 140 for his 1 rep max.
His biggest issue is his breakdown work which has improved out of site. This year was his first year where he consistently showed what he can do. Will be better in years to come and that's when he might make his way into these things type of squads.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Hopefully Easts can recruit some props.

Disgusting their selection policy this year with their 3rd & 4th grade fielding a front row but their 2nd grade having 4 backrowers on the field & going uncontested.

if Easts is such a financial gravy train it would be nice if this was a position they targeted.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
They should come down to GPS and grab a couple. There were times this year when Prems had two fresh props on the bench as did reggies, first time i've been involved in a club which had too many props.

In terms of INs and OUTs that I know of at the moment, GPS will be losing Tighthead Ruan Smith to the Brumbies but apparently are gaining a prop from Melbourne who has some type of contract with the Reds. Not sure of details, just heard it through some coaches. Anyone know of Melbourne based props (unsure if had anything to do with the Rebels) who are coming to Qld?

unsub god

Herbert Moran (7)
Premier Colts change at wests bu other wise everything will be as it was

Who's coaching Wests Colts ??

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Premier Colts change at wests bu other wise everything will be as it was

Who's coaching Wests Colts ??
Are Wests going to improve their colts program?? i watched a colts 1 game last year at wests and was wondering why they were so bad, then i counted numbers and realised they were only playing with 12 people because they had no player numbers. does anyone know if they have recruited anyone? or put good coaches in or anything? also heard a few of the Easts coaches have got the shits with not knowing whats happening with their coaching roles and have shifted clubs. im know of at least 1 who's gone to GPS, and another whos decided to take the year off. With the lack of good coaches around the place i wonder if it was a good move to put all their jobs up for application.... they might end up worse off.

Status
Not open for further replies.