• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Premier Rugby 2013 Ins and Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Going by the standards set around here Butler couldn't really be seen as a player Easts developed. He was selected in the Academy from the GC and moved to Easts to be closer for training.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is faulkner any good? I haven't seen/heard anything about him and then suddenly he turns up in the EPS. I read on another thread that he's been injured frequently so the Reds must have massive wraps on him. Can anyone from Easts shed some light on what makes him worthy of the contract?

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Is faulkner any good? I haven't seen/heard anything about him and then suddenly he turns up in the EPS. I read on another thread that he's been injured frequently so the Reds must have massive wraps on him. Can anyone from Easts shed some light on what makes him worthy of the contract?

He's tall. strong, quick with good hands. I prefer Toby as the Tigers 13 but Joel probably passes the ball more often and his love for fast beats as a DJ hints at his good footwork. And I am not sure what Toby's plans are for next year in terms of work & travel as i think he finishes uni this year.

It is interesting the faith Ewen, or maybe someone else at the Reds, has in some of the regularly injured young players. UJ was injured for most of Year 12 yet was still signed out of high school and Joel has rarely played in the last 2 years. Unless he was playing somewhere else last year?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He was great the the U16's champs a few years back. Has all the makings of a good outside back but the injuries seem to be a worry.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Who have wests picked up for next year?

Last I heard Mooney was planning to bring some blokes from otago over.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
According to the wests bulldogs website tony rogers has departed gps as colts 1 coach and joined the dogs as premier head coach to be assisted by former reds play Ernest skelton

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
According to the wests bulldogs website tony rogers has departed gps as colts 1 coach and joined the dogs as premier head coach to be assisted by former reds play Ernest skelton

Oh good for Ernie taking up a coaching role. He also coaches the QLD SAMOA squad so this must be his next passion in life after playing rugby to getting into teaching rugby.

I don't know how old Ernie is but he can still play a high level of footy. He came off the bench for Wests Premier grade & had he been at any other club would of prolly been playing premier grade footy. Just stuck behind 2 really really good young props in Faagase & Leiluia.

Can anyone from GPS Rugby shed some light on this Tony Rogers guy? Hopefully he is the right man for the job to make a monumental shift in the playing culture at Wests Colts Rugby.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can anyone from GPS Rugby shed some light on this Tony Rogers guy? Hopefully he is the right man for the job to make a monumental shift in the playing culture at Wests Colts Rugby.

I can't really comment on Tony's coaching credentials because i'm not familiar with them but i'm quite sure he hasn't coached any rep sides or anything like that. In terms of being a good bloke and working well with players (especially colts) he is the perfect man for the job. He is highly passionate at what he does and is exactly the type of guy you would want running a campaign at a club like Wests where attracting players and getting a good colts culture is what seems to be needed. He is the type of coach who players can talk to and receive feedback from without feeling like they are being judged. I think he will fit well into the Wests setup and hopefully attract a fresh mob of players to create some competitive colts teams.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
He was great the the U16's champs a few years back. Has all the makings of a good outside back but the injuries seem to be a worry.

Hey Jets have you got anything to do with Sunnybank recruitment? Have they been looking to bulster their backrow ranks with any Aussie 7s players from other clubs?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
when he plays!!! I don't think losing him will hurt easts to much
Well with Quirk and Buttler potentially involved in the Reds set up a lot more next season, they may not be available as much. I don't know if Luke Bertini is going to come back, and Greg Riley is getting on a bit (although was in good form). Then that leaves Josh Parry and Eli Mowen, who I don't think are up to it at Premier Level.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Quirk, Butler and Jordan have all played 7s so I was hoping Jets could tell me which one it is. I only overheard something this morning and wasn't sure.
With Birtini back I can see y one of them would be worried about potentially playing reserve grade.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I didn't mind what I saw of Mowen, he scored a few meat pies as well so he wasn't doing to badly. I don't think butler will see that much Reds time to be honest. As the EPS i believe have a clause that says they are last cab off the rank when it comes to selections (i.e need injuries to occur) also he has Quirk, McDulling, Samo, Robinson, Schatz in front of him so i think easts are safe to assume he will be around a lot at least for one more year.....Quirk if he shows good form you may not see but if he makes a mistake or two I hear McDulling is more than up to the task of loose forward battering ram.
Also I imagine Easts will be getting Aus Schoolboy Brad Wilkin in so its not like your stocks are running low

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Quirk, Butler and Jordan have all played 7s so I was hoping Jets could tell me which one it is. I only overheard something this morning and wasn't sure.
With Birtini back I can see y one of them would be worried about potentially playing reserve grade.

Doubt it would be butler due to the fact he lives with Easts players and Quirk wouldn't be worth the the investment as he might not play much....leaves Taupou who has a few high school mates at the bank

Status
Not open for further replies.