• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas vs Wallabies, 25th July 2015, Mendoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Hooper might be cited over that - we should know by now though, shouldn't we?
The regulations say you have 48 hours to be cited but SANZAR might have different timings

Light end for striking with a fist is 2 weeks. Missing both Bleds would be unfortunate (but deserved for that)

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Jesus he fair socked him one. That's worth a couple weeks on the sidelines.

As for Cooper, it reads as though a) he's on the piss and a bit tired and emotional and b) he's having a crack at Cheika/management and if so, will eat a shit sandwich.

Was a good shot by Hooper haha - hard to tell how hard it was as those Argies have their soccer culture's penchant for diving and rolling around like they've been shot in the kneecaps.

The question about the context of Cooper's tweet is pointless, as others have said it's just not a smart thing to be posting.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Who knows. The only reason people got a whiff of Beale's nonsense on the Rebels tour was because Vuna tweeted a similarly structured effort at dawn. Time will tell.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
The squad that has been named was just for the first two tests of TRC. Maybe Quade has been dropped for Lilo?

He still has a few games to go to reach the 60 test mark, if he is dropped it's a big blow to his Wallabies career.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The squad that has been named was just for the first two tests of TRC. Maybe Quade has been dropped for Lilo?

He still has a few games to go to reach the 60 test mark, if he is dropped it's a big blow to his Wallabies career.

No, it really isn't. He is playing 7s next year then Super Rugby for Qld in 2017 most likely. No problem with a continuing career for the Wallabies in the future if he's:_
a) Fit
b) In form

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
re: Hooper's punch - what about the Argie fullback throwing one at Phipps for dragging him off the try scorer a few seconds later?

Argie diving was just never a thing. I think a few years in France have softened some of these boys up.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Jesus he fair socked him one. That's worth a couple weeks on the sidelines.

As for Cooper, it reads as though a) he's on the piss and a bit tired and emotional and b) he's having a crack at Cheika/management and if so, will eat a shit sandwich.

As I read it, he was more likely having a go at a journo or some other twiterati who possibly questioned his selection or maybe his game. If it was aimed at Cheika (most unlikely IMO), it was (a) most unwise and (b) might be time to reactivate his contract with Toulon.

Reactions: Tex

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As I read it, he was more likely having a go at a journo or some other twiterati who possibly questioned his selection or maybe his game. If it was aimed at Cheika (most unlikely IMO), it was (a) most unwise and (b) might be time to reactivate his contract with Toulon.

Paul Kent was slagging off SBW this week wasn't he?

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Just seen the game and while I have to say the Wallabies were the dominant side and played better, you lot were lucky to not play half that game with men off the pitch. At least 3 possible cards (Folau taking a man out in the air, Skeltons grab around the neck and Hoopers punch).

P.s How awesome was Pocock last night?!? And with both Mumm's performance this week and Horwill's last week I would be looking over my shoulder as Simmons and Skelton.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If he gets 1 week, he'll play the Bledisloe right? Since he can technically play for Manly?

Wasn't cited after the game, only after it blew up on social media. So Argentina didn't complain so maybe not that bad?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Geez! Hooper could miss some RWC games for that! It that gets cited he could go for quite a few.
What a fucking stupid thing to do!
EDIT: didn't see that he's already been cited.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If he gets 1 week, he'll play the Bledisloe right? Since he can technically play for Manly?

Wasn't cited after the game, only after it blew up on social media. So Argentina didn't complain so maybe not that bad?

It looks bad but I have suspicion that it looks worse than what it really is because Sanchez exaggerated the fall. The same Sanchez that tried to milk a penalty by running in Pocock in the lead up to Tomane's try. I agree that Argentina not complaining might mean it wasn't that bad.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Assumes it was a fist versus open hand. Argies rolled around like they were shot at slightest touch.

How long did SANZAR give out for Jannie's girly slapping?

J2GeweI.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.