• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Went out to watch Wests v Souths, impressive from Wests first half...they could have been out of sight but butchered a couple of great opps. Then in the 2nd half they threatened to do the same, 18-0 up until 2 tries in the last 5mins of the game from Souths to make it look close when it never was. Both teams missing a few players each I am led to believe. Big Ben Gunter played 8 for Souths, he is a huge man but well handled by Wests.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Kudos to Wests for a big result over Souths. Much more consistency shown over prior years.
Souths 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
Lets see how Wests shape up the next 2 weeks against heavyweights Brothers then Bond. Win those 2 and I'll have a lot of humble pie to eat.

unsub god

Herbert Moran (7)
Kudos to Wests for a big result over Souths. Much more consistency shown over prior years.
Souths 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
Lets see how Wests shape up the next 2 weeks against heavyweights Brothers then Bond. Win those 2 and I'll have a lot of humble pie to eat.
Think youre already eating it! How are those Under 12 netballers going ?

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
It was an elaborate motivational ruse to get Wests to win the comp!
Either that or i cant tell my arse from my elbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Sage 2 from 3 not bad, I thought you were way out calling Wests over Souths, good call.
Bond played better this week, still missing Harry at 9 though 2-3 weeks away with a bye next week and then Wests for the last game of round 1.

Well I think it was 3 from 4 (like you), however I think my margins were a lill out as well. Glad Bond played better, because Brothers did not. I'll give my take on the game, maybe tomorrow.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Ok the tipping.

HTC 13/16 (-166 points) - percentage 81%
Refabit 13/16 (-167 points) - 81%
Sage 12/16 (-135 points) - 75%
NCWK 3/4 (-46 points) - 75%

Well done Refabit, for the last two weeks your points differential has only been out by 40 points per round. (Welcome to the cellar NCWK....pass me a beer!).

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Hard week this week, but here goes;

Brothers by +2 (v Wests)
Easts by +2 (v Souths)
GPS + 19 (v Norths)
UQ by +12 (v THE BANK)

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hard week this week, but here goes;

Brothers by +2 (v Wests)
Easts by +2 (v Souths)
GPS + 19 (v Norths)
UQ by +12 (v THE BANK)
Sage, here is my take on this w/end games.
Brothers by +10 vs West
Souths by +15 vs East's
Norths by 7 vs GPS
S/bank by 10 vs UQ
I know it is left field of yours but that's my take.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
I shall take the basement/cellar after 1 week :)

For this week:
Wests by 3 over Brothers
Souths by 5 over Easts
Uni by 7 over Bank
GPS by 7 over Norths

I may be a bit off but all the games seem to be really tight this week 2v5, 3v4, 8v9.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Hi fellow members of the Qld Colts unofficial tipping contest.
This week:
Brothers by 14 over Wests
Souths by 15 over Easts
Uni by 10 over Bank
GPS by 20 over Norths

Brothers a month without a win but should cruise here. (You cant play GPS every week).
Souths can beat the good sides but has trouble with the dud sides - but not this time.
Uni game to preview the grand final. Both teams in good form. Uni rested up after 2 byes in a row.
Boasting a combined for & against of negative 300, the last game is for relatives only. GPS to win despite themselves.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Hey NCWK, how were you the only one to tip Wests? Inside info?
So far, before the Souths result is posted, I have zero from 3.
Ouch!
My only consolation is Sage is on same score....

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've seen them play twice and based it on that really, their forwards are their strength and thought they might just get the job done.
Uni against Bank today was an entertaining game albeit that in a turkey shoot where defence was not exactly king that bank always likely to win such a game. So dangerous on the counter attack. Really good back three. Uni just struggled to contain them. Think it was 7 tries to 5.
I cannot remember a comp being so tight in prem colts in years.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
My tips for this weekends games are:
Brothers by 5 vs East
UQ by 18+ vs GPS
North by 12 vs Souths
Bond by 10 vs Wests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
HTC..make sure the Bond lads get plenty of time on the scrum machine this week. The Wests pack destroyed the Brothers scrum, lost count of the tightheads!!

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
This weekends games:
Brothers at home against Easts ~ Easts by 12
GPS at home against UQ ~ UQ by 20+
Souths at home against Norths ~ Souths by 15
Wests at home against Bond (this match should be a cracker) ~ Wests by 1
Sunnybank with the BYE round

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Have a comment on the Brother's v Bond game a few weeks ago.

Bond definitely desired to win. However if there was a criticism of them they should have won by more than the scoreline given 10 mins to go the score was 19-14.

In the first half Bond controlled the ball well; both in scrums and line-outs. They would have had at least 60% of the ball and only lead by 14-7 at half-time. With the possession and the field position it should have been at least 21, if not more; whats more the Brothers try came from a somewhat "dangerous" mid-field bomb that could of have easily ended in a score either way. One of the factors of why Bond did not score more in the half is that on at least 4 occasions (with Bond 5 m out), the referee gave Brothers a penalty for some sort of ruck infringement; I don't know what the penalties were for, as I was 80 m away, but was always thankful as each time a score was on the cards.

Second half was a little more even (in terms of possession) and whilst Brothers weren't really in the game, at 19-14 with 10 mins to go, Brothers started to gain some momentum. In one's mind you could almost feel that they had to get lucky (for the second time in the game!) and could snatch the game 21-19 or at least a draw, but not to be. Once again an error (a pass this time, getting better than an outright intercept) with a try on or near full-time under the posts.

For Brothers again no respect for the ball and not much patience in the build-up for the attack. Very flimsy defense in the outside backs in particular. The scrum was holding it's own for most of the game, but the line-outs were terrible. Could have written a letter to the Bond side with what the throw was going to be; and to be fair Bonds line-outs were probably some of the best Brothers have seen. For Brothers another well below Bank/UQ performance (the high standard for Brothers games thus far).

Bond deserving winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.