• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
HTC..make sure the Bond lads get plenty of time on the scrum machine this week. The Wests pack destroyed the Brothers scrum, lost count of the tightheads!!

I think Bond will be o'k in the scrums. The Brothers pack last week had two props missing (I mean the props that they would like to have or had during other performances) and were missing a robust second rower. Therefore I don't think that this performance was atypical of Brothers; and I don't rate Brothers as the strongest scrummages in the comp away.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bond should be ok in the scrums. Gavin Luka is looking good with a few games behind his back after a time out from the game and with Callum Ball, Jamerson Quirk, Lachlan Currie and Sam Wood we should be ok. The biggest problem in the last 2 games is speed and accurate delivery off the scrum. If they get it right, I have no doubt Wests should not pose a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
OMG!!! The tipping.... Wow... It's lucky were not punting on horses, would have done our combined ARSES! (except you HTC, but you can't rely on 15-1 shots every race!).
1 (1st last week) HTC .........2/4..... 15/20 (-250 points) - percentage 75%
= 2 (=3rd) Sage .................1/4 ......13/20 (-232 points) - 65%
= 2 (=1st) Refabit ..............0/4...... 13/20 (-292 points) - 65%
3 (=3rd) NCWK .................1/4 ........4/8 (-128 points) - 50%
All I can say is that the Easts v Souths game blew all of us away particularly in terms of the points differences (HTC, Refabit down 59 points, NCWK down 49 and yours truly down 42 points). HTC won the round with 2 from 4 and NCWK won the points difference with ONLY 82 points differences. However still the cellar dweller (i'll visit).
AND well Refabit, from Rooster to Feather duster in just one week. Last week you were able to boast a joint leadership and winning the points differential for the last two weeks and well now.........NONE from FOUR !!! Use a dartboard for crying out loud!

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
This weekends games:
Brothers at home against Easts ~ Easts by 12
GPS at home against UQ ~ UQ by 20+
Souths at home against Norths ~ Souths by 15
Wests at home against Bond (this match should be a cracker) ~ Wests by 1
Sunnybank with the BYE round

Thanks Phatmik

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
O'K my tips for the weekend are:

Brothers by 8 vs East
UQ by 22 vs GPS
Souths by 8 vs Norths
Bond by 5 vs Wests

There are two good games for the round IMO Brother's v Easts and Bond v Wests. Can Wests maintain the pressure? What happened with Easts last week??....whooooo hoooo.

If anyone can assist with an attempt on the game summaries it would be much appreciated. You don't have to be a journalist, I'm not (and it shows!), but helps other people get a gauge on the teams and also spurs on some discussion and even arguments....all healthy.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
This comp is getting more and more difficult to predict, excellent stuff to see great competition as opposed to a 1/2 horse race...can only be good for rugby in Brisbane.

My picks(dartboard efforts as per the above):
Brothers by 12 over Easts
UQ by 25 over GPS
Souths by 5 v Norths
Wests by 4 v Bond

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interestingly this week Tips, besides a resounding 5 from 5 for UQ, there is a 3 - 2 split in all the other games tipping's. Shows how close the teams must be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
At least if it was the horses we were tipping there would be a steward's enquiry! I mean whatever happened to form?

How can Easts play dead for 7 rounds then thump the side that knocked off Brothers & Bond? How can Souths drop their pants like that?
Uni 1 loss last year and 7 rounds in they already have 3.
At least GPS are proving their consistency.
And good to see Norths wont go the whole season without a win.

Here goes the results from my four darts:
Brothers by 12 vs East
UQ by 30+ vs GPS
Souths by 10 vs Norths
Bond by 15 vs Wests

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Anyone going out to the games this weekend??

I missed last week (went to NSW Country Championships instead) and have a 70th birthday (not mine...well at least not yet) this weekend.

So whoever is going send a report....please.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
O'K my tips for the weekend are:

Brothers by 8 vs East
UQ by 22 vs GPS
Souths by 8 vs Norths
Bond by 5 vs Wests

There are two good games for the round IMO Brother's v Easts and Bond v Wests. Can Wests maintain the pressure? What happened with Easts last week??..whooooo hoooo.

If anyone can assist with an attempt on the game summaries it would be much appreciated. You don't have to be a journalist, I'm not (and it shows!), but helps other people get a gauge on the teams and also spurs on some discussion and even arguments..all healthy.
Sage, you're on the money this week with 4 from 4 well done. scores are not too bad either.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Souths must be a coach's worst nightmare..

I think they are very up and down....remember they do have a number of key players out, most of which will not be back for the season by the looks of it (Moseley and Kalala). So it would be very unsettling for the team and quite a task for the coaches..... they will however provide that dark horse factor from time to time.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Sage, you're on the money this week with 4 from 4 well done. scores are not too bad either.

Not as good as Refabit......he's a Rooster once again! Tip updates tomorrow.

Think we will have two relatively easy weeks, then the fun will start again.

Here's another one we can all contemplate. What is the minimum points to make the Semi-Finals this year?? Last year it was 53 points (Easts). This year I think it will be lower....let's say approximately 45 as the teams are closer than last year and possibly the talent is more evenly spread? Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.