• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Well you can doubt as much as you want but your assumptions are ill informed.

A lot of premier grade teams would be lucky to have players like jack finnigan, sonny power, and Tom Vinson running around for them. Finnigan was in the rope two try scoters for premier colts in 2013 & 2012. He also played combined states in the u20 championships this year.

Just because players don't want to travel to Brisbane to play for premier grade team doesn't mean there not good enough. Besides looking at this team list there are players who will never make the 23 but are just along for the ride. Why not take some actual country players then to give them a little exposure
Is this the same Tom Vincent that used to play for Wests?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I've been leaning for a while, but haven't made the decision which side of the fence to stand on. Born in the country but raised in the city. Funnily enough, as an adult I made the decision to sort of live on the boundary between the two (but it's definitely more country than city).

I'm declaring my allegiance. Go Country!!

Now, any word on a supporter logo for my top right corner?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Apparently Jerseys and other merch will be coming out in the next couple of weeks.

Hope it is priced bit lower than the Wallabies gear or can't see too much of it being bought. $100 for an NRC jersey or $50 for a Polo seems about right to me. Wait and see what ASICS comes out with though.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Geez @Tangawizi I would hope the merch is a bit cheaper than that! Realistically they want this stuff everywhere. I was hoping more for $70-$80 for a jersey and $30ish for a polo.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I didn't think players from teams still involved with finals were available to NRC teams yet, but I see in a team photo from their first training it looked like the whole contingent was present.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Ok here's my attempt at picking a team to start the comp.

1. Hirsimaki
2. Fainga'a
3. Holmes
4. Enever
5. Fattal
6. Adams
7. Robinson
8. Fakasolia
9. Gale
10. Harris
11. Pincus
12. Fainga'a
13. Johnson
14. Beveridge
15. Taulagi

16. Ma'afu
17. Sanday
18. Burke
19. Payne
20. DeGuingard
21. Grasso
22. Tuttle
23. Knox

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I forget, is Benny Lucas injured? I know he's not playing for the Bank. How long is he out?

Do you think Lolo has a preference/is better at 6 or 8? I'm a fan of James Turner from Souths, and I know you are off Adams. To me I'd go with wherever Lolo prefers to play as I think he is a potentially vital member of the Reds makeup moving forward.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I forget, is Benny Lucas injured? I know he's not playing for the Bank. How long is he out?

Do you think Lolo has a preference/is better at 6 or 8? I'm a fan of James Turner from Souths, and I know you are off Adams. To me I'd go with wherever Lolo prefers to play as I think he is a potentially vital member of the Reds makeup moving forward.
Lucas did his meniscus while bouncing the ball v the Tahs. Original diagnosis had him out until mid-September.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think it was actually done in the charge down before the 22 drop out.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd say Ryan Freney will be in the best 23 in some capacity. His ability to play all three front row positions is a bonus. He was voted GPS best forward in 2013 and despite missing a few games this season due to suspension I think he'll be in the running again for this year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I was a bit unsure about the hooker back up and put Ma'afu in because Norths will have someone to follow.

Also unsure of the locks outside Enever.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeh I'm not fully sold on Ma'afu. No doubt he's a good talent but hes still fairly young (I think only 21?) and raw, especially by front rower standards. It will be a good experience for him though.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Good team there, Jets.

I agree with all of it, except I'd have Giles at 11. He has a very strong right fend. I'd move Payne into 5 over time.

After watching Jeeps win ever so unfortunately over the weekend, I've now got second thoughts on Sam Grasso. He was outstanding minor a few shit passes. I'd still have Campbell there, but good luck to him.

Agree with Ma'afu over Freney.

Fuck Pincus can nudge. Agree with his placement at 11/14.

I hope Pierce Fitzgerald get's a run.

So overall the Country NRC is pretty solid.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Payne/Fattall is a toss up at this stage.

I like what I've seem of Fitzgerald, and would back him starting on one of the wings. The times I saw Beverige I wasn't that impressed, but apparently he is quite good.

I'd have Turner over Adams on the blindside ( or 8), he is a great worker, and would balance well with Robinson and Fakosolia

Status
Not open for further replies.