• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I agree he has great potential but.. I saw him yellow carded few times and his explosive strength could sometimes make him forget the rules. I guess he will get his chance with WTS next season (not forgetting Under 20 in Italy).
Sounds perfect! You pretty much described a young James Horwill.

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks guys! Appreciate the feed back! I went and watched him play against GPS ( My club ) today at ballymore. My God, for a 19 year old, he is one big tough human. His running was superb, did anyone on here see him bump Saia Fainga'a off. I also was having a chat to a bloke in the crowd, and he told me that he has signed and contract with the Reds, but it hasn't been put out to public yet. If this is true, good on him. In regards of the way the Reds played this year, lacking in depth in the forwards with Higinbothem gone. I really do think Lolo will give the Reds that front foot momentum to base a pillar for our star backs. Thanks you for the replies, appreciate it.

R

Redsfan

The postman at Beau's family home must have been a QLDer. What a legend!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Another reason to love Beau. He's embracing his true country roots and playing for the Condamine Cods this weekend, who play in the Darling Downs (Toowoomba) comp!

What a legend

Country teams have some great mascots. Cods is excellent.

My favourites are the Jindabyne Bushpigs and the Thames Valley Swamp Foxes (NZ team).

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Country teams have some great mascots. Cods is excellent.

My favourites are the Jindabyne Bushpigs and the Thames Valley Swamp Foxes (NZ team).
The cods home ground is the aptly named fish tank and a bloody great part of the world to play footy. Beau has been out to watch a few games before so good to see him getting on the right side of the side line, helping the boys push for a finals birth.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
A bit off the NRC topic, but, how is Beau eligible for the Cods? I thought he was aligned with Souths in Brisbane Premier Comp? I think its great he's playing for the Cods but isn't a bit unfair to the opposition that he's able to step in?

T

Train Without a Station

Playing premier rugby doesn't prohibit you from playing in any other competition. You just need to get clearance to do so.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Glad he wasn't playing the Wheatmen. Then again may have gone to watch (or play again for the mighty Chinchilla River Rats thirsty thirds!)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Asics have said today that jerseys will be available for punters to purchase in mid-September.

So might keep an eye out for one at the Argentina Test.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I don't think jersey design will help with wins otherwise the Rays are in for some trouble.
I kind of like it, but then again maybe years of being an Australian rugby supporter has given me a soft spot for vomit themed jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.