• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Asics have said today that jerseys will be available for punters to purchase in mid-September.

So might keep an eye out for one at the Argentina Test.

I heard last night you could pre order the jerseys at the merch tent for 130 bones.

For something they want to get out there, that's a bit steep. Bit steep for me anyway at the moment. Sad face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah that's right. There were forms there to pre-order for delivery on Sep 6th.

But the $130 has put me off a bit too. At least until I get to see one & try it on etc.

Not sure why the AFL & A-League can sell their jerseys for $99 but Rugby needs an extra $30 or $60 to manufacture theirs...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah that's right. There were forms there to pre-order for delivery on Sep 6th.

But the $130 has put me off a bit too. At least until I get to see one & try it on etc.

Not sure why the AFL & A-League can sell their jerseys for $99 but Rugby needs an extra $30 or $60 to manufacture theirs.

The sad thing is $130 is cheap now, they're often $160 or $180.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It seems Asics are keen to make their money. I would have thought $100 for a supporters jersey would be manageable and even a kids one at $60. I have real problems with the price of kids jerseys. They get a year or two out of it and it costs an arm and a leg.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
They cost about $20 to make and deliver. The majority of the retail cost ends up going to more people with less entitlement to it than than what happens to the revenue of Obeid Enterprises Ltd.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Feel like the Queensland Country NRC team missed a trick yesterday. It was the first round of finals of Risdon Cup (Darling Downs comp) at Dalby yesterday with teams & supporters from all over the region playing & watching. With the bye it would've been good to see a presence by the team to connect with real Qld Country supporters. If they want to talk up the country connection - be seen supporting the country competitions.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Feel like the Queensland Country NRC team missed a trick yesterday. It was the first round of finals of Risdon Cup (Darling Downs comp) at Dalby yesterday with teams & supporters from all over the region playing & watching. With the bye it would've been good to see a presence by the team to connect with real Qld Country supporters. If they want to talk up the country connection - be seen supporting the country competitions.

Sounds like a missed opportunity, usually I'd mate excuses but considering there's no rugby this weekend there's no excuse not to sent 4 or 5 boys to smile for photos.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Bond University Queensland Country v NSW Country Eagles, Bond University, Saturday August 30, 3:00pm

1. Haydn Hirsimaki – Sunnybank
2. Ryan Freney – GPS
3. Greg Holmes (VC) – Reds/Sunnybank
4. Cameron Bracewell – Bond University
5. Sam Fattal - Easts
6. James Turner – Souths
7. Beau Robinson – Reds/Souths
8. Ben Adams - Sunnybank
9. Scott Gale – Reds WTS/University of Queensland
10. Matt Brandon – Easts
11. Pierce Fitzgerald – Brothers
12. Anthony Fainga’a (C) – Reds/GPS
13. Clyton Knox – Brothers
14. Tom Pincus- University of Queensland
15. Todd Winkley – GPS

Reserves
16. Tonga Ma’afu – Norths
17. Kirwan Sanday – Easts
18. Fred Burke – GPS
19. Rubin Fuimaono – Bond University
20. Mitch King – GPS
21. Jack de Guingand – University of Queensland
22. James Tuttle – GPS
23. Campbell Magnay – GPS

Team for the first game.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Article lists Fakaosilea as injured with no other details, does anyone know how long he's out for? I was looking forward to seeing how he went.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
They were training as we walked into Ballymore last Thursday. It was pretty impressive. But Saturday will be the real test.

T

TOCC

Comparing the two teams, Brisbane City has 11 Reds EPS/WTS players compared to QLD Country's 4.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Blake Enever is injured as well. So if you add him to Lucas, Lolo and Johnson, that's 4 of their best players on the sidelines.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Plus Sia was called into the Wallabies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.