• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2023

farrellybros

Frank Row (1)
NC
GT
ACGS
TGS
TSS
IGS
BBC
BGS
BSHS

Ignoring the above bias towards schools located in Spring Hill a more accurate prediction based on trial results and squad composition (barring any major injuries) would be:

NC
TGS
BBC
ACGS
TSS
GT
IGS
BSHS
BGS

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Ignoring the above bias towards schools located in Spring Hill a more accurate prediction based on trial results and squad composition (barring any major injuries) would be:

NC
TGS
BBC
ACGS
TSS
GT
IGS
BSHS
BGS
If you believe all teams running around during trials were at full strength and a true reflection of their starting First XV’s, then you might be correct. That’s unlikely to be the case though.

TheRugbyGuru

Frank Row (1)
Any news on George Tracey at 10 for Terrace this year! Would love to know big fan of his free flowing footy, his kicking game is second to none and his knowledge about opposing players is just scintillating.

TheRugbyGuru

Frank Row (1)
Terrace Front Row is looking extremely FIT! Was invited to view a recent training session, i rocked up not expecting to much considering it was only a couple weeks in. To my suprise the front row all ran broncos under 6 minutes, Sam fludder was outstanding running a sub 5 bronco, i was also flabbergasted to find out that the Hooker Cody is a vegan something must be in those greens because he ran a sub 5 as well.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Terrace Front Row is looking extremely FIT! Was invited to view a recent training session, i rocked up not expecting to much considering it was only a couple weeks in. To my suprise the front row all ran broncos under 6 minutes, Sam fludder was outstanding running a sub 5 bronco, i was also flabbergasted to find out that the Hooker Cody is a vegan something must be in those greens because he ran a sub 5 as well.
Whether it be lunch break or holidays I love the Terrace students enthusiasm. Let’s hope the players live up to half the hype.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)

NC
TGS
BBC
ACGS
TSS
GT
IGS
BSHS
BGS
I'm pretty sure this years BBC senior class played uncontested scrums through U16 and failed to make an A/B program every year along the way. Take into consideration their ordinary performance last year and the handbrake put on sporting scholarships three years ago, it's hard to make an argument for them to finish top 3. Agree, the mountain men have been surging of recent years and will be tough to beat. Obviously the bechmark teams from the last year will be thereabouts again. Terrace will want a return on their investment into this group that has a lot of returning players and outstanding rep players, so a 6th place finish would be unlikely. State High have some big forwards that dominated in the junior colts series and are also holding their own in colts 2, but don't have backs capable of matching the better teams. Don't know much about this years TSS squad but suspect they may have suffered a similar fate to BBC during the covid years and their boarding house has been stripped of talent. Just an opinion from an outsider looking in but I'm sure someone from BBC & TSS on here will set me straight though ;)

OldBack

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm pretty sure this years BBC senior class played uncontested scrums through U16 and failed to make an A/B program every year along the way. Take into consideration their ordinary performance last year and the handbrake put on sporting scholarships three years ago, it's hard to make an argument for them to finish top 3. Agree, the mountain men have been surging of recent years and will be tough to beat. Obviously the bechmark teams from the last year will be thereabouts again. Terrace will want a return on their investment into this group that has a lot of returning players and outstanding rep players, so a 6th place finish would be unlikely. State High have some big forwards that dominated in the junior colts series and are also holding their own in colts 2, but don't have backs capable of matching the better teams. Don't know much about this years TSS squad but suspect they may have suffered a similar fate to BBC during the covid years and their boarding house has been stripped of talent. Just an opinion from an outsider looking in but I'm sure someone from BBC & TSS on here will set me straight though ;)
TSS have lost quite a few 2 and 3 year 1st XV players this year - they have half of last year's team returning with a handful of u16 boys trialling pre season and a number of last year's u16A's and 2nds, a lot of them QLD reps. So, will be a solid team this year but based on trial form, may be a shade behind the top 3 which would probably come from NC, TGS and ACGS. The new coaching regime has cycled a lot of players through the trials so hard to get a good feel for form. However, 2023 could be a 'rebuild' year with this squad to challenge again in 2024

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
TSS have lost quite a few 2 and 3 year 1st XV players this year - they have half of last year's team returning with a handful of u16 boys trialling pre season and a number of last year's u16A's and 2nds, a lot of them QLD reps. So, will be a solid team this year but based on trial form, may be a shade behind the top 3 which would probably come from NC, TGS and ACGS. The new coaching regime has cycled a lot of players through the trials so hard to get a good feel for form. However, 2023 could be a 'rebuild' year with this squad to challenge again in 2024
BBC have 6players selected in reds U18 teams which seems to be on a par with Nudgee and Churchie so they must have depth somewhere. I’m sure they will get a contested scrum for you, how competitive probably comes down to that. They will have some super fit guys coming back from Henley regatta of whom some will be very welcome latecomers to the squad I would imagine.

I reckon they will finish mid field which is a step up on last years disappointing result given their programme.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
You re right that a few years back BBC failed to play in the A div in this year's age group. But they recruited well and have steadily improved over the last year or so. There are a few strong players returning along with some rep players so I think they will be a strong solid group. I really think that this year we have on eof the most even comps in a long time. With the exception of BGS and probably Ippy I think any other team is capable of a win on the day against any other

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
With the Waratahs 1 and 2 u18’s travelling up to Brisbane this Saturday to play both Reds u18’s Academy teams at 1pm and 2.30pm, would these games be live streamed and if so where would I find the link ?

Posts for both games are on the QLD Reds Facebook page yet I have had no response from their administrator asking the same question above.
Thanks in advance

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)
With the Waratahs 1 and 2 u18’s travelling up to Brisbane this Saturday to play both Reds u18’s Academy teams at 1pm and 2.30pm, would these games be live streamed and if so where would I find the link ?

Posts for both games are on the QLD Reds Facebook page yet I have had no response from their administrator asking the same question above.
Thanks in advance

The U18 games from last year weren't live streamed either so I don't think these ones would be either, but I hope i'm wrong

OldBack

Bob McCowan (2)
Team lists for this Saturday’s games

Would love to see these 2 (predominantly GPS) teams take on the 2 (predominantly non-GPS) QLD schools teams competing at the Aust Schools carnival next week. You'd have to assume these 2 teams would teach the QLD Schools teams a lesson in humility!