• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2023

Dcarter

Frank Nicholson (4)
31 games this weekend for all age groups GT V NC. I have set the line at 3.5 for GT wins over the day. You taking overs or unders?

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Chace Oates returning this weekend for TGS, in a big boost.

TSS may be on upset alert this weekend against BSHS who are playing their first game at home after only losing their first two games by a single point.
I think TGS would be expecting to beat BGS at Old Boys Oval, with or without Chace Oates. BBC v ACGS should be an interesting clash. Also NC v GT where you can usually throw out the Form Guide when those 2 schools meet.

Dcarter

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think TGS would be expecting to beat BGS at Old Boys Oval, with or without Chace Oates. BBC v ACGS should be an interesting clash. Also NC v GT where you can usually throw out the Form Guide when those 2 schools meet.
yeah agree with what you say there Les, but NC v GT aren't close. Nudgee have won the last 41 games on Ross Oval and have only lost once I think in about 25 or 30 years to terrace.

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)
You would expect so, however they only beat State High by 1 point at home last week and with some tougher games coming up for them better to have him back now rather than later.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
BBC 19 d TGS 17
BSHS 18 d NC 17
TSS 56 d BGS 8
GT 16 d IGS 0

Poor discipline cost Nudgee . Gave away too many penalties. Bye bye Premiership.
Congratulations State High.
Other games, BBC came from behind to win a close match.
IGS were disappointing today and TSS dominated Grammar.

nopets

Frank Row (1)
BBC 19 d TGS 17
BSHS 18 d NC 17
TSS 56 d BGS 8
GT 16 d IGS 0

Poor discipline cost Nudgee . Gave away too many penalties. Bye bye Premiership.
Congratulations State High.
Other games, BBC came from behind to win a close match.
IGS were disappointing today and TSS dominated Grammar.
Congrats State High. Karma

DrRugby

Frank Row (1)
Enjoy your win, and party hard. Open the expensive wine (if you state high lads have any, otherwise goon suffices), and have a good time. Party like it’s the last time you’ll ever beat Nudgee this decade, cause shit flukes happen. My parents always told me miracles happens, and I never believed them. At 3:30 when the full time bell rang, I got on my knees and prayed to Jesus — a miracle just happened. See you next year on Ross. Let’s see who’s chirping then.
Sounds like a sore loser to me!

midas

Frank Nicholson (4)
The Nudgee I know would show respect and given credit where credit is due….and not sulk when the better team won
Please don’t take the reply of one keyboard warrior as the sportsmanship of Nudgee as a whole. I was at the game, great win by State High after 3 very close losses the first few rounds. Unlike the State High supporters, Nudgee supporters did not cheer and jeer when the opposition kicker was taking a shot at goal. Nudgee showed rsspect for the game and were silent and celebrated successes by the State High 10 under immense pressure. Great game and the winning team was congratulated as they should be.

Madex10

Frank Row (1)
Curious as to why Nudgee sticks their lock on the wing when playing a physical team?? Good win to state high
Curious as to why Nudgee sticks their lock on the wing when playing a physical team?? Good win to state high
Very curious ! Nudgee have been doing that since the season started....there is a lot more to a locks position than just the lineout. It's a workhorse / enforcer role !

Last edited:

jaydub

Frank Row (1)
State high has had 3 close losses (2 by 1 point in last few minutes). Really happy for them to finally get a close win. May end up being a shared premiership this year- 1 loss for the top 2 or 3. Really will depend on who shows up on the day.