• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2024

Any news on BBC's (Brisbane Boys College) two gun back rowers. I believe there blindside is year 11 student Fred Bromell. I have heard he is a great ball player however excels on defence, in particular one on one tackle. Great low chop technique. While there other breakaway is also another year 11 student Cormac Burke. I genuinely don't know to much about but the red's scouts I have spoken to rate him very highly. They say he has great line speed while and is extremely strong over the ball. He also apparently not afraid to lay the BOOM. He is quite small however I hear he has the heart of a lion. Sounds a bit like Benji Noble (2023 Openside Flanker for Riverview AAGPS 1XV)
Haven‘t heard of this breakaways before. Sound like the real deal excited to see them play in the trials, and in season. What a schoolboy player Benji Noble was though. So unfortunate he didn’t get to play in the Queensland gps comp.

I believe with Alec, Cody, Coorey, Nick out I think Willem and Harrison are set to start for the XV after playing 2s last week with Matthew due to play 16As. If all three can perform this weekend I don't see why they all shouldn't be given a shot to play together, after all it is the last chance due to Willem opting not to do grade 11 and 12 over three years.
Going to have to check my inside sources here mate. Can you give each of the brothers age, grade and position.

Taniela Mcreight

Frank Row (1)
Cheers TJC, word on the street is that the first play of the game will be an explosive "backfence trot" from the front runners.
I did hear about this however lets not act like Terrace wouldn't be better without there original Tighthead Sensation Xavier Coorey. Coorey is out for 6 weeks with a broken forearm, after delivering a swinging to Brisbane Grammars winger off the first kick-off. Coorey is tough and strong ball runner. He pairs great with Nick Weir in the scrum however if Weir does not return it will be interesting to see how him and Willem Cassidy pack down together.

RossOvalGrandstands

Stan Wickham (3)
Teams they played for last week? Also wouldn’t mind a breakdown of each of these brothers playstyles.
Willem I have already spoken about in this forum, quick stint player, very good on the crashy. Harrison was sidelined last week due to cortisone injection in his groin not allowing him to be ready. Matthew has the best endurance out of the three normally playing the full game each week, just a consistent hard ball runner.

Anybody Know the smartest player in the comp? Like the player with the highest Atar prediction. Just thought it would be good to know. If you have any clue please let me know. Cheers fc

Nut and Bolt

Bob McCowan (2)
Guys I'm new to this page can anyone give me an updated TGS team for this week or year. I know they are building for next year being the 150th year and word on the street is they will have a young and quick backline and might struggle upfront. Interested in team thoughts for this year.

Willem I have already spoken about in this forum, quick stint player, very good on the crashy. Harrison was sidelined last week due to cortisone injection in his groin not allowing him to be ready. Matthew has the best endurance out of the three normally playing the full game each week, just a consistent hard ball runner.
Did Harrison play any rep footy last year. Name sounds familiar.

Anybody Know the smartest player in the comp? Like the player with the highest Atar prediction. Just thought it would be good to know. If you have any clue please let me know. Cheers fc
Saw Ollie Nasser with dux of year 9 last year on his blazer when he walked out against BBC. Not sure if he is the smartest but interesting to see this number 8 still being academically gifted.

RossOvalGrandstands

Stan Wickham (3)
I doubt he played for South Africa asking if he played bjru, junior reds or any league rep.
Just conducted a bit of self research and found Harrison was sidelined for the rep season due to the lingering groin injury he is still struggling with. I heard he recovered to kick off the 2024 pre season but due to pushing his luck this lingering injury has come back therefore he has reluctantly decided to commence cortisone injections to make himself available.

Just conducted a bit of self research and found Harrison was sidelined for the rep season due to the lingering groin injury he is still struggling with. I heard he recovered to kick off the 2024 pre season but due to pushing his luck this lingering injury has come back therefore he has reluctantly decided to commence cortisone injections to make himself available.
Does Harrison wear a bright blue head gear? I’m pretty sure I might have seen him play league 2 years ago at norths devils. If this is him wow what a player lot of fight and heart.

pot_stirrer_69420

Frank Row (1)
News just out of the Gregory Terrace camp, with a shock selection Charlie Vincenci has been given the call up to run along side Willem. Coming off the back of a huge off season, Charlie came into camp extremely fit with the fastest bronco time and has impressed with his kicking game. He's impressed the coach's every week, and he has been tearing the 1's apart in every session with his superior playmaking ability. He has been given the green light to run on at 10 over Sam Mcghan against TGS.

News just out of the Gregory Terrace camp, with a shock selection Charlie Vincenci has been given the call up to run along side Willem. Coming off the back of a huge off season, Charlie came into camp extremely fit with the fastest bronco time and has impressed with his kicking game. He's impressed the coach's every week, and he has been tearing the 1's apart in every session with his superior playmaking ability. He has been given the green light to run on at 10 over Sam Mcghan against TGS.
Really doubt this mate give my team list for the trial a read and you can see you clearly mistaken. Who are your sources for this information as well?

RossOvalGrandstands

Stan Wickham (3)
If I'm not mistaken Charlie suffered quite a severe concussion last round during the first five minutes of the game, he is currently in the 19 day concussion protocol so it is extremely reckless if he is set to play.