• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
have a go light I'm all for constructive criticism, i go to terrace so theres where my bias comes from but I'm all for you too tell me what I've missed/incorrect about

I'll leave it to Spikhaza to detail the BBC team for you, I have a feeling he will know more than I do about their chances. That being said 7 GPS representatives, 2 of which are forwards in GPS 1 suggests they will be more than capable of taking Terrace on up front. Where did this sudden idea that Terrace will dominate anyone up front? They have a solid front row but offer very little elsewhere in the forwards particularly in the back row. Its nothing to write home about.

B

Boomboom

The only 2 bbc forwards in any gps teams are back rowers.

Also the standout forwards were not from terraces so called strong front row. Isaacs french'slinout dominance and the year eleven's Ben laxon and Toby macnamee were the standout forwards of the match. Obveously not of the caliber of hood and junier, but will hold their own. I can understand your sceptic ism light but from what I have heard. Terraces defense from what I heard was nothing other than spectacular which leads me to believe they can hold out any gps team. Unfortunately they seem to be lacking any form of attacking flair, very low scoring games ahead.

something

Jim Clark (26)
That being said 7 GPS representatives, 2 of which are forwards in GPS 1 suggests they will be more than capable of taking Terrace on up front. Where did this sudden idea that Terrace will dominate anyone up front?

From what i've read on the last few pages it seems terrace's forwards "dominated" churchies, yet they have hardly any reps. Maybe they work well as a team rather than as a bunch of individuals? Maybe some teams are really overrated/underrated... we wont know until probably the second proper game of the season.

To be honest, i dont think this whole 'pick the gps team before the season starts' thing is going to work. It's so dumb picking a team on reputation rather than performance. Glad it wasn't like that when i was at school.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Churchie are perennial under achievers, they consistently scholarship too many players and end up getting beaten by schools with a lot less talent who play better as a team. as was evident again on the weekend in the trial, churchie man for man were a class above terrace (James Dalgleish excluded) but could not gel together and played horribly as a team. their is no doubt they have the class players in the comp but i can once again see them losing to better 'teams' like NC and even TGS BBC and GT. BBC will be a handfull for any team Junior and Braeden were easily the two best forwards at GPS trials and Conrad Quick and Josh Bowen can ignite something from nothing in their backline, however they will struggle with their defence... a lot of attackers but not many who enjoy tackling. NC will win the comp in 2nd gear, they have an abundance of talent but more importantly are well coached, play as a team and have rock solid defence.

thejoker

Bob McCowan (2)
Because BoomBoom is such a reliable poster on here, his following post just shows it. Not sure what your vendetta is Dort Muff but from my experience people like you don't hang around here long. Enjoy it while it lasts but I am well and truly above your personal attacks.

This is my last post here till the season begins, I have better things to do then listen to your schoolboy trolling crap. I will further this by saying for students of a school with such a good reputation you really let your schoolmates down. I have had no prior problem with Terrace posters on this site and in general never had problems with Terrace boys, in fact I have numerous relations who attended the school, one of which was your school captain long before you were probably even born. Grow up.

Let's keep personal attacks to a mininum. Can I ask what school you attend that makes your comments valid on this SCHOOLBOY rugby forum?

C

Casey95

From what i've read on the last few pages it seems terrace's forwards "dominated" churchies, yet they have hardly any reps
How does any team claim to go even close to winning the forwards battle when they get 4 tight heads against them?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Let's keep personal attacks to a mininum. Can I ask what school you attend that makes your comments valid on this SCHOOLBOY rugby forum?

Do your homework Joker and have a look at Light's contributions, particularly on Brisbane schools rugby (and GPS in particular). He is extremely knowledgeable and provides insight across almost all the school programmes and players than anyone else on this forum. In my opinion it is without bias or malice and provides sensational background and colour that you cannot get anywhere else.

Light does not have to make any disclosure whatsoever to validate his contributions.

I agree with you Joker on not making personal attacks. It will destroy a great thread on this forum. I reckon the latest start to the season in living memory and the first "full" weekend of games, all be it trials, just got some a little excited ;-)

F

funkman3838

I think we need to make light of the situation and stop joking around, lets talk bout ball

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Do your homework Joker and have a look at Light's contributions, particularly on Brisbane schools rugby (and GPS in particular). He is extremely knowledgeable and provides insight across almost all the school programmes and players than anyone else on this forum. In my opinion it is without bias or malice and provides sensational background and colour that you cannot get anywhere else.

Light does not have to make any disclosure whatsoever to validate his contributions.

I agree with you Joker on not making personal attacks. It will destroy a great thread on this forum. I reckon the latest start to the season in living memory and the first "full" weekend of games, all be it trials, just got some a little excited ;-)

Cheers for that DS, probably a little too generous in your description but I'll take it anyway :)

History suggests that these kind of posters don't stick around long so lets hope they aren't clogging up this forum for too much longer.

Regardless, I am also looking forward to this weekend with abit of optimism to be honest. It will be the last chance for many schools to string their best XVs together before the season gets in full swing so I imagine the big names will be back on the park. Unfortunately been scheduled to referee some club games on the Southside but should be done before usual 1st XV kick off times. Do you have any idea if Churchie or State High are playing at home?

Wallatahs

Allen Oxlade (6)
Homework completed Sharky. Good to know you are on my side in this fight against light.

This weekend at Suncorp in BBC vs GT we are going to see Big Benny Russell (#12 GT) LIGHTing up the field with some razzle dazzle football.
Out of curiosity - why is this match at Suncorp? it can't be a curtain raiser for either the Reds (playing up the coast on Friday) or Wallabies (playing in Melbourne) - wouldn't they play it at either Miskin Oval or Tennyson?

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
BBC's key forwards:
#1 B.Sala
#2 R.Lawless
#7 B.Hood (GPS 1)
#8 J.Fakosilea (GPS 1)

All great players even though Sala and Lawless didn't make GPS teams, but 4 players can do all the work in the rucks and mauls, judging from last years game against BBC there were no standout forwards, so i don't expect that there will be any other quality forwards apart from these guys

BBC's key backs:
#9 M.Drying
#10 J.Bowen (GPS 3)
#11 B.Collins (GPS 2)
#13 C.Quick (GPS 3)
#14 G.Kallel (GPS 2)
#15 T.Banks (GPS 2)

Quality attacking players don't get me wrong, but from what i have heard/seen(very little) of these players there isn't the quality defence that you need to see. I expect to see BBC as a very good side, with very high scoring games from both teams

In context of this weekends game against GT i expect a very tight game. With H.Heath on the wing filling in for L.O'Rourke as an excellent defensive player, did not miss one tackle on M.Ioane. Hoping to see this again this weekend, but don't expect to see any try's coming from him either. The fullback matchup of Banks v Given will be great to watch. Basically the success of the GT will come from J.Dalgleish, with some excellent forwards who will do their part, if Dalgleish doesn't add a spark to the GT back line nobody will. GT by 5

Status
Not open for further replies.