• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Possible Terrace First XV

1. Tom Morris
  2. Samuel Colbran
  3. Anthony Torbey
  4. Petar Vidakovic
  5. Stephen Powell
  6. Jake Vedelago
  7. Jake Greentree
  8. James Cupples
  9. William Thorpe
  10. Christopher John (C)
  11. Reshan Nair
  12. Abraham Hopkins (VC)
  13. Digby Ioane
  14. Duncan Herd
  15. Timothy Rodgers
I know it's a little bit left field, but the brains in that team (Particularly Colbran, Torbey, Powell and Vedelago) cannot be matched, they will be able to outwit many in the GPS competition. With Christopher John leading from the front, the Red & Black will be inspired to greater heights. Not to mention some tall timber in the second row, if the pods can lift these boys in the line outs (highly unlikely) then they might just hit their heads on the moon. And Jake Greentree benches (roughly) 150 kgs so I just had to put him in. Only weakness would have to be outside centre, we were lacking outside centres/10 so they're giving this bloke a run.

Best of luck to the other gps schools in the competition this year.

Trolling, surely?

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
Rugby premiership is shaping up as pivotal towards GPS Cup result. Churchie just won Cricket premiership to add to Rowing premiership two weeks ago, Nudgee still in the race with the GPS swimming cup. Interesting to see how the remainder of trophies are allocated.
what the hell is the GPS cup?

B

bottleneck

Churchie have won the Rowing and the Cricket while nudgee has won the swimming.Have seen the squad at Churchie training and is very impressive for schoolboys.So the score is two to one for the moment .

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
what the hell is the GPS cup?

Every sport is tallied up at the end of the year, each placing gets a value and the school which gets the highest score overall wins the GPS cup. It rewards consistency over just winning the big sports. Winning a competition receives 9 points, last place receives 1 point and so on..

Nudgee won in 2011, Churchie won in 2010.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
Every sport is tallied up at the end of the year, each placing gets a value and the school which gets the highest score overall wins the GPS cup. It rewards consistency over just winning the big sports. Winning a competition receives 9 points, last place receives 1 point and so on..

Nudgee won in 2011, Churchie won in 2010.
never heard of it before

C

crows1

I'm quite interested about our friends for the top of the range. Not a lot has been said about them and I seem to recall them having a few boys in the Queensland 16 teams. Has anyone heard anything about them or can confirm that 11 of their starting 15 will be making a return?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
GT is the most successful school in the GPS - if there is a trophy that hasn't been in the cabinet it probably doesn't exist

Well then it must have been in the cabinet. I'm not sure why you two are choosing to believe it doesn't exist..why would anyone make up a fake trophy?

Particularly when I have seen it with my own eyes and know for a fact that it exists.

Terradome

Peter Burge (5)
Well then it must have been in the cabinet. I'm not sure why you two are choosing to believe it doesn't exist..why would anyone make up a fake trophy?

Particularly when I have seen it with my own eyes and know for a fact that it exists.

I just can't believe something like this has gone under the radar for so long. Sounds a little too covert for my likings. Do you know how long it has been in existence ?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't think schools make a big deal of it because it's not a well known trophy like the Old Boys Cup or Sir John Goodwin Cup.

It certainly exists, I just can't find any history about it or previous winners etc.. which suggests it might be a fairly new concept. I think the original idea was to reward the most all-round school with a trophy at the end of each year. Schools such as Ipswich and BSHS are disadvantaged because they don't compete in all sports... I would suggest that if it has been around for longer than 5 years then Terrace would have had it at some point between '05-'10.

Terradome

Peter Burge (5)
I don't think schools make a big deal of it because it's not a well known trophy like the Old Boys Cup or Sir John Goodwin Cup.

It certainly exists, I just can't find any history about it or previous winners etc.. which suggests it might be a fairly new concept. I think the original idea was to reward the most all-round school with a trophy at the end of each year. Schools such as Ipswich and BSHS are disadvantaged because they don't compete in all sports... I would suggest that if it has been around for longer than 5 years then Terrace would have had it at some point between '05-'10.

Interesting, i don't know why they don't make a bigger deal over it than

B

bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.