• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
1:30, field 3 at Sunnybank. I would watch but my team are playing at the same time.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Havent yet recalled it being described as a win, and most posts have been more so pointing out that churchie should have won with ease, not the pathetic 5 point win
2. Our second 'import' as such played 10 minutes. Dat der boost brah
3. Spark? Half the back line is in their second year of firsts rugby, that has to be worth something

1. Mate a win is a win, ugly or not. I agree that churchie should havge won the game with a more dominant scorecard than this. I'm just pointing out that terrace supporters are been far to optimistic from the result from a mere draw, with a person stating that they will even finish third.
2. Yeah great whats your point? Daniel was restricted to only playing ten minutes on the field becasue of disciplinary issues in regards to training, he will still be in the teami n the regular season.
3. The "spark" i am reffering to is the speed and agility that the GT backs posses especially in the wingers. I totally agree with you in that their backline will be very experienced which was seen on the weekend with there defence against churchie.

Don't get me wrong, terrace will be a prominant side in 2012, i just belive the hype over them from churchies game is misleading. Loookfing forward to watching a cracker against BBC.

thejoker

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Mate a win is a win, ugly or not. I agree that churchie should havge won the game with a more dominant scorecard than this. I'm just pointing out that terrace supporters are been far to optimistic from the result from a mere draw, with a person stating that they will even finish third.
2. Yeah great whats your point? Daniel was restricted to only playing ten minutes on the field becasue of disciplinary issues in regards to training, he will still be in the teami n the regular season.
3. The "spark" i am reffering to is the speed and agility that the GT backs posses especially in the wingers. I totally agree with you in that their backline will be very experienced which was seen on the weekend with there defence against churchie.

Don't get me wrong, terrace will be a prominant side in 2012, i just belive the hype over them from churchies game is misleading. Loookfing forward to watching a cracker against BBC.

1. Terrace has come out of that match with a lot of confidence. This is a win as this is all trials are made for. If you play rubbish rugby in a trial and win then the win becomes redundant. Churchie I am assuming came out of that much with shaken confidence, not really ideal before the start of regular season. As terrace has been on the end of every joke for the past years, to come out and shake churchies confidence is a big win in my books.
2. His point is that with Daniel in the team for the full match, maybe the result of the game would be a little different.
3. Terrace wingers have LIGHTning speed.

Please don't come out to watch no one wants you there.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
terrace are most definitely hosting it
Right you are Tarabs, what a brilliant avatar too.
light my boy, which game will you be watching this weekend?
Surely the Terrace vs. BBC game, looks to be the matchup of the round considering tensions will be flaring after the Stuartholme post.

I'm taking Terrace by 10, bolstered by the return of star 16A's playmaker and 2011 Queensland U/16's contender Locky O'Rourke to provide a spark. Look for a big performance at the back in the 2nds from 'Quade' Fitz-Walter, and from Bill Ovenden in his 1's debut. Lukey Ha Harlow will put in a big effort in the 2's this week.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Can we please keep teenage parties out of this. Concerned young players should be in bed the night before a big game, not out partying.

It's too close to call for mine, but I would lean towards Terrace after their form last weekend. I'm expecting a good game from their blindside McNamee, as well some barnstorming runs from their 8 Sitanilei.

C

Casey95

I'm taking Terrace by 10, bolstered by the return of star 16A's playmaker and 2011 Queensland U/16's contender Locky O'Rourke to provide a spark. Look for a big performance at the back in the 2nds from 'Quade' Fitz-Walter, and from Bill Ovenden in his 1's debut. Lukey Ha Harlow will put in a big effort in the 2's this week.

1. O'Rouke was never a QLD 16's contender. I don't even think he made the 100+ trial group. And has Little Lukey Harlow been put in the seconds this weekend? If this is true, just goes to show what a reputation does for you come GPS trials before a season starts...

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Can we please keep teenage parties out of this. Concerned young players should be in bed the night before a big game, not out partying.

It's too close to call for mine, but I would lean towards Terrace after their form last weekend. I'm expecting a good game from their blindside McNamee, as well some barnstorming runs from their 8 Sitanilei.

well mcnamee is playing hooker this week, and power and dalgleish are being rested, so this puts some doubts on terrace really but will still be a very close matchup, still putting my money on terrace

Harlow in the seconds? The same Harlow that made Queensland 2 last year? Well I say that is a surprise.

and queensland 3 this year but mcnamee was the star against churchie and trials are made for trying different things out before the season we will see how it goes hey sabanator

G

GPSPRIDE

Harlow in the seconds? The same Harlow that made Queensland 2 last year? Well I say that is a surprise.

Sabanator, I played Harlow in a bit of club rugby this year and as the team explained to me he was Queensland 2, i laughed. Even at club level he was shut down, destroyed and really no stand out player what so ever. I find him to be one of the most over rated players in the competition and his scruming abilites were woeful.

I think match of the week will be a tough BGS v IGS. Cousins Lakem and Latham love a good battle against each other. Both teams are so evenly matched, scrums will be ruthless and the playmakers and centres both on both sides can read the game excelently. Tough game but i'd tip IGS by a try.

Churchie vs South port will be an interesting one but after the narrow win to terrace, i think churchie will want to prove to everyone the possible wrecking forve this year. TSS forwards will be dominant but i think churchie might be able to start to gel as a team and pull this one through. acgs by two tries.

BBC v Terrace. I'd have to say this will also be a tough one. With both teams having narrow loses in the past week, the mental state of the players will be revengful and rutheless. BBC by the sounds of it are having team bonding issues but i still belive they will make terrace mulch on the footy field. The backs will definately be a big party of this. It will be a close start but BBC by two tries.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
not at all surprised at the news of BBC having team bonding issues, i expect to see them throwing banter at each other instead of at the terrace boys

Status
Not open for further replies.