• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpsrugby2012

Stan Wickham (3)
Well the BSHS game was the first time he'd played scrumhalf at Grammar, including this year where he'd only previously appeared at #10 or #15 for the 1sts. He really stepped up yesterday with a high involvement rate, good decision making and quality service to Greene. I didn't really notice Deck- although that's more because I was focusing on the Greene vs. Placid battle for most of the match. He didn't do anything incredible, but he didn't disappoint.

A few dropped balls from Deck. Didn't really look like an Australian Rep on the day. Also, how do you think Grammar will cope with the loss of Number 7 Andrew Saunders to a fairly serious shoulder injury? Nigel Wenck will probably take his spot but is size an issue?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Agreed - what were your thoughts on the players outside of him? Seeing as he will undoubtedly draw multiple defenders.

I thought the 11 was good, I didn't quite catch his name but he had blistering pace and stepped Churchie's 14 a few times. The 14 didn't catch my attention but mainly cause he was up against Monty Ioane who made a few solid runs. It was really the Tuttle show run by Jack and James, that being said I thought the 10 and 13 played very well too.

Mind you the Churchie defence was nothing special, they are in trouble if Vanuseva and Watson don't take the field against BBC.

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some photos from BBC v BSH
IMG_3473.jpgIMG_3494.jpgIMG_3499.jpgIMG_3506.jpgIMG_3511.jpgIMG_3513.jpgIMG_3528.jpgIMG_3556.jpgIMG_3567.jpgIMG_3577.jpg

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
I thought the 11 was good, I didn't quite catch his name but he had blistering pace and stepped Churchie's 14 a few times. The 14 didn't catch my attention but mainly cause he was up against Monty Ioane who made a few solid runs. It was really the Tuttle show run by Jack and James, that being said I thought the 10 and 13 played very well too.

Mind you the Churchie defence was nothing special, they are in trouble if Vanuseva and Watson don't take the field against BBC.

I believe the player you are referring to is 11.Charles Tenakanai (Papua New Guinean)
He was in the 2nds last year. Rugby league background.
I thought 10.Paddy James had a great game..controlled the backline quite well and kicked NC out of
danger a few times.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
can you elaborate on this?

also anyone who saw the BGS v TGS game, can they give a review of it? i'd like to know how two teams we forum people thought to be contenders can have a 20 point gap??

BGS are better disciplined at the breakdown. They choose what to contest when defending. GT want to contest ever breakdown and this is what brought penalties against them. BGS clear out past the ball making availablity cleaner and even turning the ball over from good clean out. GT get to the breakdown and stop on a dime and try to grab the ball. Teams who go past the ball are generally more successful.

All those talking about Jason Gilmore's so called super team, fear nothing. He has achieved nothing as a coach from his journey through club and school rugby. The players he has always identified at NTS as a 15 year old are still there as 17 year olds and many don't go anywhere. He looks for particular skill sets and if a kid has it, he's in. Will be interesting to see how TGS go after this weekend's loss. A star studded team doesn't translate into a star team. Time will tell. It's only week 2!

G

GPS fan

Ian Jones at Churchie should be dusting off his not too impressive resume me thinks....... All those hand picked players and so far no cigar...:(

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Agreed, it's not an issue of the players not being up to scratch. It's either a coaching or culture thing - the pressure of a centenary year can't have helped.

G

GPS fan

Agreed, it's not an issue of the players not being up to scratch. It's either a coaching or culture thing - the pressure of a centenary year can't have helped.

i believe it is the coaching......if there is pressure because of the centenary then it is the coaching staffs task to remove it....unless of course they themselves are responsible for creating that pressure.

G

G&GR News Bot

In such a short competition (only eight competition rounds), teams can hardly afford to let their concentration slip for one weekend. They who seek the premiership can be virtually buried by the settling of dust on the second weekend; those seeking a season of rebuilding may have soaring hopes or be resigned to another year

Click this link to read the full article...

G

G&GR News Bot

Round 2 Results: Brisbane Grammar 29 defeated Toowoomba Grammar (Review) Nudgee 26 defeated Churchie 10 (Review) BBC 46 defeated State High 15 (Review) Ipswich Grammar 15 defeated Terrace 13 TSS had the bye The competition table after Round 2 stands as: Round 3 games are as follows: Nudgee v TSS BBC v Churchie Ipswich v State High Toowoomba v

Click this link to read the full article...

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
G

Given Churchie won the 16As undefeated with 7 or 8 up in the 1stXV last year that almost got there, all the ingredients from a playing persepctive should have been there for an impressive year. I believe only two from the 16As have gone onto the starting side this year with imports taking spots. All of those elements suggest there are some real culture and coaching issues now in play and this is reflected in their play. A real pity in a year that promised so much..

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
Did anyone see the 6ths rugby GT vs NC on the weekend? Apparently an all in brawl occured
Yeah I can fill you in on that. A nudgee lad pushed a terrace boy after scoring a try and then the fight broke out and the ref settled it down after about 90 seconds. Again a try was scored and a nudgee boy pushed the terrace boy who tackled him then it was on for young and old. A aboriginal/Tongan boy had 4 members of the terrace rugby team by there jerseys. He is not the kind of fellow I would like to mess with, one of his Facebook images are him holding a knife in a threatening manner

Status
Not open for further replies.