• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
At Tennyson games start at 9.00am Sat and run until early afternoon. All schools involved playing two 40 min games (20 min halves) against other schools in their pool.
Nudgee playing Churchie & Terrace in pool 1.
BGS, BBC & TSS in pool 2.
State High, IGS & TGS playing in pool 3.

Mathew Smitt

Frank Row (1)
I heard that Jackson Tame was going to be selected as captain for the under 15 A's at state high this year and lead them into a premier ship

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Heard a little bit more about the BGS side. Now it may have been late one night that I heard this and some of the memory is a little fuzzy so some of the team list may be out of place, but I am sure it is accurate as can be with chinese whispers. Where I am unsure I have put "????"

What I do know is that Emtage and Gardner are looking to play a very fast game and use the width of the field. To do this and increase the speed around the park they have moved three players from last year's premiership team from the backs and into the forwards. So they are looking to run the schools with the "big units" off their feet and then capitalise. They have also picked up some new players with Rugby League backgrounds to fill the centre spots.

Also, do not judge the BGS team by last year's 16A team and results as only two or three of the players from this team look as though they are contenders for the BGS First XV. The team I have heard is

1. Stu McReight
2. Harry Egan ????
3. Lakehm Aiono
4. Dalton Cox
5. Zac Laud
6. Jay Nyssan
7. Trey Kemp
8. Pat Morrey
9. ????
10. Fergus Halliday (not sure if half or flyhalf, but think the latter)
11. Dan Forsyth
12. A new player with rugby league background
13. A new player with rugby league background
14. Matt Marsden
15. ????

This also makes the GPS and QLD schoolboy selections interesting with these representative players training and playing this year a long way from the positions they have played representative rugby.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Also ran into some GT connections at Crosby Rd on Sunday. Yeah, yeah, the team we seem to hear the most about on this forum is GT, but it probably reflects the demographics of the readers, so may as well cater for them. Saying that, I do wish we could hear more from NC and TGS connections on this forum so that we can get a sense of the whole competition.

Anyway, the Terrace team have got some major issues at hooker. There is no recognised hooker in the squad that will be playing in that position. Any person they will put there will be makeshift at best. One option may be to play McNamee as flanker and have him throw into the lineouts (he was a hooker until last year, but back issues now keep him out of the front row). Then have a front rower pack down.

There are also issues around the halves combinations and which is best fit for the team and that will probably not see a resolution until early in Term 3.

The team was said to have performed okay against the Met North u18's team last Thursday night. Just to clarify from an earlier post, the GT squad was mixed evenly with First XV players participating in each half of football (not First XV in first half and Second XV / 16A in second half). In the second half, players from last year's First XV such as Wilson, Kasch, Sester, Jenkins, Larosa and Harvey played. While they put on some v. good tries, it was not a great indicator as the scrums were non contested and some of the Met North team were not regular Rubgy Union players.

The likely starting First XV (barring injuries) is shaping up as follows:-

1. Sam Wilson
2. Nat Kasch / Ed Duckworth / Kyle Leofa
3. Robbie Green
4. Ben Laxon
5. Dom Sester
6. Lach Howard
7. Toby McNamee
8. Kyle Leofa
9. Sam Dalgleish
10. Angus Fowler
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Kris Larosa
13. Nikau T.
14. Connor Harvey
15. George Partridge

The talk was that Nikau and Partridge may be the "X" factor players in the team this year.

In the trials this Saturday we will probably see Fowler at halfback and Horan at flyhalf to provide best opportunity for GPS selection. McNamee is most likely out this weekend with a back injury and Connor Moroney will be in the 7 jumper. Partridge is also on the bench because of injury keeping him out of training earlier in the week.

For an unknown reason Hiale has not been training with the First XV squad regularly, but was said to have been outstanding in the time he was on the field last Thursday night and he may provide a centre option if available.

brad

Frank Row (1)
Ive heard along the lines that after GT played met north the coaches arranged for multiple GT players to compete in the state championships with met north next week. Can anyone confirm this?

johnnymac

Bob McCowan (2)
Heard a little bit more about the BGS side. Now it may have been late one night that I heard this and some of the memory is a little fuzzy so some of the team list may be out of place, but I am sure it is accurate as can be with chinese whispers. Where I am unsure I have put "????"

What I do know is that Emtage and Gardner are looking to play a very fast game and use the width of the field. To do this and increase the speed around the park they have moved three players from last year's premiership team from the backs and into the forwards. So they are looking to run the schools with the "big units" off their feet and then capitalise. They have also picked up some new players with Rugby League backgrounds to fill the centre spots.

Also, do not judge the BGS team by last year's 16A team and results as only two or three of the players from this team look as though they are contenders for the BGS First XV. The team I have heard is

1. Stu McReight
2. Harry Egan ????
3. Lakehm Aiono
4. Dalton Cox
5. Zac Laud
6. Jay Nyssan
7. Trey Kemp
8. Pat Morrey
9. ????
11. Dan Forsyth
14. Matt Marsden
15. ????

This also makes the GPS and QLD schoolboy selections interesting with these representative players training and playing this year a long way from the positions they have played representative rugby.

both league's are bundy boys, lanskey and sly, lanskey very big and very quick, sly very quick. will be interesting to see how they go with switch to union, as far as I know neither have union background. lanskey is similar to birch from 2012. he was 95 kegs last year and quick as a cheetah!!!

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
As usual lots of talk from the Grammar and Terrace supporters. Sure Grammar have some right after last year, but Terrace? Really?
Surely TSS are worrying everyone? Not much talk about them....

Reactions: mbw

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)

1. Stu McReight
2. Harry Egan ????
3. Lakehm Aiono
4. Dalton Cox
5. Zac Laud
6. Jay Nyssan
7. Trey Kemp
8. Pat Morrey
9. ????
11. Dan Forsyth
14. Matt Marsden
15. ????

Risky move for Zac Laud (centre) to second row as he has no experience playing in this position.
Fergus Halliday is too small to be flyhalf imo.
Opposition teams will target him this weekend.
Matt Marsden should be fullback and goal kicker.

Mathew Smitt

Frank Row (1)
WORD HAS IT THAT TIM SIPPEL FROM THE 15's A of state high has resign his position of being scrumhalf and now has been replaced by vasili from the b team hopefully this will be his chance to show his skills at a higher level.

I also heard that he will be replacing jimmy as center, is this true?

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)

1. Stu McReight
2. Harry Egan ????
3. Lakehm Aiono
4. Dalton Cox
5. Zac Laud
6. Jay Nyssan
7. Trey Kemp
8. Pat Morrey
9. ????
11. Dan Forsyth
14. Matt Marsden
15. ????

I think you will find that Harry Egan is a second-row/loose forward with no experience at hooker. The person most likely to fill that role would have to be Michael Murray or Tom Spencer. Pat Morrey to 7 and Trey Kemp to 8. Dan Forsyth will play 9 and Halliday will play 10. Outside centre is open for competition with no clear standouts. My team would be:
1. Stu McReight
2. Michael Murray/Tom Spencer
3. Lakehm Aiono
4. Dalton Cox
5. Zach Laud
6. Jay Nyssan/Tom Spencer
7. Pat Morrey
8. Trey Kemp
9. Dan Forsyth
10. Fergus Halliday
11. Eddie Mccorley
12. Lanskey
13. ?
14. Sly
15. Matt Marsden

Probably the most mobile forward pack in the competition with there still being a lot of size and strength, mainly through Aiono, McReight, Laud, Cox and Morrey. All up 7 QLD union representatives, 8 players with previous first XV experience, plus the two new QLD League players. Looks to be a strong year for the BGS First XV.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
A lot of BBC players not playing . 4 are injured including Conrad Quick (gps 1 last year) and Bowen & Pearson (gps 100 champ) are tied up with last round of Melbourne Storm trials.interesting to see how the son of Glenn the brick Lazarus goes in the front row.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
A lot of BBC players not playing . 4 are injured including Conrad Quick (gps 1 last year) and Bowen & Pearson (gps 100 champ) are tied up with last round of Melbourne Storm trials.interesting to see how the son of Glenn the brick Lazarus goes in the front row.

You mean at the trials on Saturday ? What about the new fullback also with the Storm ?

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
As usual lots of talk from the Grammar and Terrace supporters. Sure Grammar have some right after last year, but Terrace? Really?
Surely TSS are worrying everyone? Not much talk about them..
A lot of good judges saying TSS and Churchie Are favourites - but as last year showed- luck with injuries and depth are 2 huge factors.that is why tgs,Igs and BBC always struggle at back end of the season.

johnnymac

Bob McCowan (2)
I think you will find that Harry Egan is a second-row/loose forward with no experience at hooker. The person most likely to fill that role would have to be Michael Murray or Tom Spencer. Pat Morrey to 7 and Trey Kemp to 8. Dan Forsyth will play 9 and Halliday will play 10. Outside centre is open for competition with no clear standouts. My team would be:
1. Stu McReight
2. Michael Murray/Tom Spencer
3. Lakehm Aiono
4. Dalton Cox
5. Zach Laud
6. Jay Nyssan/Tom Spencer
7. Pat Morrey
8. Trey Kemp
9. Dan Forsyth
10. Fergus Halliday
11. Eddie Mccorley
12. Lanskey
13. ?
14. Sly
15. Matt Marsden

Probably the most mobile forward pack in the competition with there still being a lot of size and strength, mainly through Aiono, McReight, Laud, Cox and Morrey. All up 7 QLD union representatives, 8 players with previous first XV experience, plus the two new QLD League players. Looks to be a strong year for the BGS First XV.
put sly at o/centre as defence should be good from league and qld touch player, so needs to get the pill, could be a lethal combo with lanskey???

Will Lavery

Frank Row (1)
IGS Current starting 1st XV

1. Matt Adcock (Wanabe flyhalf)
2. Harry Parcell (queensland U15's 2012)
3. Tyson Nash (15 A's 2012)
4. Alan Huen (Met West Basketball)
5. Pat Norris (1st XV squad 2012)
6. Ben Burton (15 B's 2012)
7. Harry Harms (11c Football)
8. Maclay Kenman (1st XI Cricket, 1st XV squad 2012)

9. Jacob Teevan (Samoan import)
10. Will Lavery (Samoan import)
11. Tung-whokapias James tuckiapron Leahy (Papua New Guinea Import)
12. Ka'Likatifrianiqua (Kenyan import)
13. Jaden Donelly (1st V basketball)
14. Henry Bange (Met West equestrian 2012)
15. Matineng-Iucka ronald tuckiapron Leahy (Papua New Guinea import)

This is the team that will be starting in the first round of GPS 2013, many Australian schoolboys hopefulls, probably a team that will finish in the top 3 of 2013

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
put sly at o/centre as defence should be good from league and qld touch player, so needs to get the pill, could be a lethal combo with lanskey???
I think Coach Emtage will most likely play Sly on the wing, in a similar role to Marsden last year (given their similar skill sets). Candidates for the outside centre spot could be Cameron Griffin and Luke Beesley both from last years 16As, or maybe Nyoah Rosmarin who has played some rep footy and been picked in the JGS. Looks to be a really strong year for the boys in blue

Status
Not open for further replies.