• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the bill

Frank Row (1)
That's a big loss for IGS, to have one of their senior forwards out for the start of the season. Unlucky for himself being his last season of schoolboy rugby. A loss for qld rugby too, are there any other locks that would take Rodda's place in qld schoolboys 1?

I was working out at IGS this week and the tall kid Isaac busted his leg, gone for 8-12 weeks. They have good forwards, a kid called Sham was killing it at training, also a ranga called lavery seemed to everywhere. I am working their next week, I will update more.

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
Word I got was :
1) 6 tries to 1 it was 5tries to nil while 1sts and 2nds were playing:
2) BBC scrum bashed them:
3) 2 league stars from both teams were out. Also BBC had Foulds, Christianson, Veravis,Jerumi out:
4) Tauuga made a good fist of his first game at 2

Its not a very good bench mark to talk of...
Were did Bgs finish last year...and they will proably be in the same spot this year...
If Bbc do the same next week in there second game,well maybe they have something to crow about...

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Its not a very good bench mark to talk of.
Were did Bgs finish last year.and they will proably be in the same spot this year.
If Bbc do the same next week in there second game,well maybe they have something to crow about.
True: BBC could be underdone because it was their first trial and from the sounds of it they didn't have much opposition.
Looking forward to seeing how the BBC v Nudgee scrum match-up goes. It will be one of the interesting games this weekend.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Its not a very good bench mark to talk of.
Were did Bgs finish last year.and they will proably be in the same spot this year.
If Bbc do the same next week in there second game,well maybe they have something to crow about.

How could this be interpreted as "talking it up ". ???It just reports on the match.very touchy mr underdone .
Benchmark not even mentioned. Sorry if BBC are improving- you obviously support those schools with a god given right to win .

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I've just watched the match footage from the first quarter courtesy of @Armatt, and I have to admit that while BBC were obviously far and away better team in every facet of the game, they definitely weren't perfect. They couldn't string together multiple phases in spite of getting over the advantage line every single phase, but poor discipline in the breakdown and in general play with forward passes, obstructions etc let the score line flatter BGS (at least in that quarter).

BBC look the real deal, but Grammar was starved of the majority of their front line talent, as @Samoanno8 said. It'll be interesting to see how all the different teams go come Saturday morning GPS trials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nudgee Jackson Tame

Bob McCowan (2)
I've just watched the match footage from the first quarter courtesy of @Armatt, and I have to admit that while BBC were obviously far and away better team in every facet of the game, they definitely weren't perfect. They couldn't string together multiple phases in spite of getting over the advantage line every single phase, but poor discipline in the breakdown and in general play with forward passes, obstructions etc let the score line flatter BGS (at least in that quarter).

BBC look the real deal, but Grammar was starved of the majority of their front line talent, as @Samoanno8 said. It'll be interesting to see how all the different teams go come Saturday morning GPS trials

Any info on what the times are for the GPS trials on Saturday?

Insider

Frank Row (1)
Churchie Team Prediction - GPS Trials
1. Max Coyne
2. Josh Webb
3. Angus Wagner
4. James Gall
5. Angus Scott Young
6. Sam Wallis
7. Liam Wright
8. Harley Fox
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Mack Mason (c)
11. Hugo Doessel
12. Jayden Sua
13. Izaia Perese
14. Ben Ogilvie

15. Kalyn Ponga

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)

Insider

Frank Row (1)

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hearing that the GPS Trials this weekend have been switched to Ballymore. Times are unclear, perhaps someone can enlighten us.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Hearing that the GPS Trials this weekend have been switched to Ballymore. Times are unclear, perhaps someone can enlighten us.

Players are still in the dark. Apparently IGS is to blame for confusion

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Frank Row (1)

New

Churchie Team Prediction - GPS Trials
1. Max Coyne
2. Josh Webb
3. Angus Wagner
4. James Gall
5. Angus Scott Young
6. Sam Wallis
7. Liam Wright
8. Harley Fox
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Mack Mason (c)
11. Hugo Doessel
12. Jayden Sua
13. Izaia Perese
14. Ben Ogilvie

15. Kalyn Ponga
Insider, Yesterday at 6:57 PM Report
Holy shit-now THAT is a backline!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I've finished writing three and a half positions so far in the backs.

I was planning on publishing next week, but I've run in to a spot of bother. If the number of votes push past 1000 before June 15 I'll have to pay 15 cents for each additional hit, so I might have to wait until then before I risk publishing. The forward pack voting is sitting on 500 at the moment and it isn't even a day old, so voting might be forced to close quite early unfortunately.

A 2014 season preview is in the works too.

If anybody is interested in submitting their thoughts on any fixture during the season to me, I'll make sure it goes up on the front page. At the moment it looks like I'll be the only writer getting out to the games thus far, and I'm in talks with BGS about writing for them, meaning potentially only 1 game out of 4 will end up on the site. It looks like there will be holes in the coverage.

If anyone is interested in contributing a full match report that would be great, but all the site needs is:

1) Final Score
2) point-scorers for both teams - This is probably the most important because I'll be needing the stats for the end of the season.
3) General run of play - ACGS were very aggressive, good line speed, but couldn't make all the one on one tackles etc
4) stand out players - Izaia Perese (13) from Churchie was exceptional etc

It can be as long (within reason) or as short as you like, but we would really love to have eyes and ears at all the games.

P.S - to any current students out there, this sort of work looks really good on a resume. GAGR has a readership of over 500 thousand people, and the GPS articles pull between 1000 and 3000 hits each week. Sam Phillips, who wrote for the QLD GPS coverage team last year, recently snagged a coveted media internship at the QRU on the strength of his writing on GAGR. If you're interested, get in touch!

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Players are still in the dark. Apparently IGS is to blame for confusion

IGS ovals are double booked. They are being used for Ipswich City Council "Freedom of the City" Ceremonies on Saturday till 11.30am. Left hand not talking to the right hand. Rugby games may be shifted to a later start time or shifted to a new venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.