• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
@Breakdown it appears your source was off. I'm really surprised though, the team I/we thought had been selected seemed bloody good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmm interesting, i think we should all wait until we get certain confirmation from redsrugby.com.au or some similar source

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
c
So does anyone actually know a date and time when the team lists are revealed?
we cant be far off surely they were picked last night around 7:30 and according to "king" some schools have been notified of there players who have been selected

elijahbblack

Frank Row (1)
Rouge, this is how the team selections were communicated [in writing] to the boys at our school which also had players selected on the bench.

Rouge

Bob McCowan (2)
Rouge, this is how the team selections were communicated [in writing] to the boys at our school which also had players selected on the bench.

That is what I was originally told, but my source told me different, one of the reasons why it's taking so long for the lists to be made public.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
An enormous amount of emotion over an even bigger pile of speculation - not sure how Nudgee selections will pan out but at the trials the Nudgee players were encouraging mistake free team footy and not standout solo footy and for the second string team that ran on against a fresh BBC after NC had just played a half against IGS they were impressive. Combinations from kids who have played and trained together counts for a lot as will show during this season.

The Queen

Bob McCowan (2)
An enormous amount of emotion over an even bigger pile of speculation - not sure how Nudgee selections will pan out but at the trials the Nudgee players were encouraging mistake free team footy and not standout solo footy and for the second string team that ran on against a fresh BBC after NC had just played a half against IGS they were impressive. Combinations from kids who have played and trained together counts for a lot as will show during this season.

With the playing stock NC have in 2014 they should be represented fairly well across the three teams with I am hoping around 5/6 in GPS 1.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
When are these teams going to be
Announced? This is ludicrous as boys were told the day of the trials that they had made the teams so why is it taking so long to post.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
@Breakdown it appears your source was off. I'm really surprised though, the team I/we thought had been selected seemed bloody good.

Let's sit tight, confident they're still on the money (although I question why the delay).

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just got news that Toby Greenup was injured for the second round of trials, counting him out for GPS selection

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Just got news that Toby Greenup was injured for the second round of trials, counting him out for GPS selection

Only 1 injury away from being called up. A few boys who were injured last week will still be named based on trial 1 form. Let's all keep in mind 69 players are set to be named. There will always be debate over sides but anyone who is talented enough to make QLD will be in the 69 & have an opportunity to put the hand high. Whilst GPS teams are a great achievement, they are merely there as a QLD trial.

2x boys in 2013 went from GPS 3 bench to Aust/ Aust A.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
That is what I was originally told, but my source told me different, one of the reasons why it's taking so long for the lists to be made public.
It would have to make more sense to have the players for 1,2 & 3 picked first, given they would get the most game time, then the reserves from 46th down: it is also closer to previous practice of selecting a reserve bench that can be used by each team.
If you were a reserve for the 2nds but were picked ahead of a run-on player for the 3rds you would be pretty cut watching a boy you were picked ahead of getting game time.

Rouge

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS 1
1. Richie ASIATA, ACGS
2. Alex MAFI, NC
3. Shambeckler VUI, IGS
4. Darcy TAI’MUA-SWAIN, BBC
5. Angus SCOTT-YOUNG, ACGS
6. Tuaina TUALIMA, BSHS
7. Sean FARRELL, BBC
8. Reece HEWITT, NC
9. Harry NUCIFORA, ACGS