• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Whatever happens, don't break the blokes selected for Schoolboys.

No Huge wasn't wishing ill of him, just saying "if" he has an off day! No juries etc

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Dear Sage

Can TGS please be called TGS and not TGA? We don't call Grammar "BGA" or Ipswich "IGA." Apologies if this was a typo but it has been coming up a bit. It makes my Tourette's Syndrome flare up......

HEAVILY TURDED UNDERPANTS!!!!!!.......

....see?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No specific reference to your post @The Sage.

Just a gentle reminder that there is a heap of footy to be played before the "Tests".

The Qld GPS competition hasn't started yet.
NSW AAGPS is playing round 3/10 this weekend.
NSW CAS have 4/10 rounds left.
NSW ISA have 4/7 rounds left.
NSW Premier Colts for the NSW CHS players have 2 rounds plus 3 week finals series left.

Plenty of footy on both sides of the Tweed, and we need them all fit and well at the end of September.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
MY Predictions for the weekend
TSS - BGS (TSS by 25+)
NC - TGS ( NC by 10)
BBC - IGS ( IGS by 5)
ACGS - GT ( ACGS by 15 +)
BSHS - bye

All fairly similar, but have an upset with IGS. With the front row/forwards, free flowing running and BBC injury worries, I think IGS can provide the first of several upsets this year. The BBC 7 needs to have an off day as well, as he has been playing very well thus far. So go IGS!

3 BBC boys(number 4,7 and 14) 2 who are in Aussie A team and one in Aussie Schoolboys have fitness tests on Thursday..The number 7 that you talk about who is in Aussie Schoolboys is only 50/50 to play.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Mason junior is. Same situation except this guy's name is Jake Mason. Not sure whether he is playing 16's or first XV.

Sua is due to play as assumed

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks like we are all on the same page. Love the start of the season. Glad to see your posts again Warrenwobble

TSS - BGS (TSS by 15+)
NC - TGS ( NC by 10)
BBC - IGS ( BBC by 10)
ACGS - GT ( ACGS by 15+)

I think the first week will not always give a good clear picture to how the season will go. Teams are nervous and converting all the practice into on-field success. Any word on team lists yet. Gungenia, a few weeks back someone confirmed Sua had leave for the GPS season so should be playing. Saw him play at Suncorp couple of times and was one of their best so will be interesting how he converts to school rugby this year. Getwithme, is Mason junior playing at 10 like his brother. Do you know how old he is and if he also plays league?

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very different game though and wont have the same opportunity if the forwards don't perform. Still bad news for most the backs in the comp. Will be his physicality that will trouble them.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
My tips:
TSS will do it easy. Could be another season for BGS. Not a bad outing first up for TSS to sort out a few injury niggles.
NC Will be comfortable over TGS but I reckon TGS will be in it for a while
IGS will roll BBC. Ipswich has good strike power across the park and have a knack of rattling teams in round 1. Spartans by 8
ACGS really interested to see how GT match up. Like everyone this year they will be avoiding Sua like the plague. Churchie by two tries.

Btw, Mason to play on the wing.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
FairPlay; bit hard on BBC V IGS outcome, I think it will be a cracker but I certainly can't see a walkover. I hear BBC full strength so we see how your prediction really unfolds. I think after the japan tour they certainly deserve more respect than that champ.! Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TB KingPin

Stan Wickham (3)
Nudgee are looking strong this year but it will be a hard first up match against TGS. TGS have a few injuries this week but the team has had a good pre season and looking very strong coming into this season and should give it a good shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.