• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Didn't BSHS u/13's flog Ippy Grammar today?? I only watched 10 mins but from what i saw it was one way traffic.

Just got some mail from tonights trial
U13 bshs by 15 tries to nil
[/quote]

From this report it was one way traffic to BSHS - not sure who did or didn't play

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
That was the first trial at end of holidays when IGS basically trotted out their B team with a sprinkling ( and I mean a sprinkling ) of their A players

I was at the game and it wasn't an indicator of anything

Meant nothing

They played a trial on last weekend of holidays and IGS and State High were both at reasonable full strength from what I'm told .

Score was 14-7 IGS

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
That was the first trial at end of holidays when IGS basically trotted out their B team with a sprinkling ( and I mean a sprinkling ) of their A players

I was a the game and it wasn't an indicator of anything

Meant nothing

They played a trial on last weekend of holidays and IGS and State High were both at reasonable full strength from what I'm told .

Score was 14-7 IGS

Thanks for the clarification looking forward to seeing both teams

TB KingPin

Stan Wickham (3)
The Nudgee boys seem to have the team to take them all the way this year. Very impressed by their number 10 and 7.
It was a hard first up game for TGS, their first half wasn't as good as they would have hoped and this is where Nudgee scored most of their points.
Excited to see Nudgee play TSS as this is probably the championship game

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
The Nudgee boys seem to have the team to take them all the way this year. Very impressed by their number 10 and 7.
It was a hard first up game for TGS, their first half wasn't as good as they would have hoped and this is where Nudgee scored most of their points.
Excited to see Nudgee play TSS as this is probably the championship game

Early call TBKP.

I expected TSS to beat Grammar by more than 17 points and Grammar were not a long way from being in it at the business end of the game. An away game at that.

TGS will improve, as will IGS. IGS have a couple of players in Aussie BaBa's.

Terrace and Churchie will be more than nuisance value too. And I haven't even mentioned BBC, who have 5 in Schoolboys/BaBa's.

Keep your powder dry this season. No need to go off early; as the actress said to the Bishop.

TB KingPin

Stan Wickham (3)
Early call TBKP.

I expected TSS to beat Grammar by more than 17 points and Grammar were not a long way from being in it at the business end of the game. An away game at that.

TGS will improve, as will IGS. IGS have a couple of players in Aussie BaBa's.

Terrace and Churchie will be more than nuisance value too. And I haven't even mentioned BBC, who have 5 in Schoolboys/BaBa's.

Keep your powder dry this season. No need to go off early; as the actress said to the Bishop.

It is an early call but the execution shown by Nudgee on the weekend i believe will be second to none this year.
TGS will improve and i reckon they will defiantly finish top 3 alongside Nudgee and TSS.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
It wasn't all doom and gloom for the BBC u13As against the juggernaut IGS 13As. The boys fought hard, but IGS too strong and will be a formidable force this year. Regardless of the score, I felt the game was played in great spirit so well done to both teams. (BBC Highlights)

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thanks for the footage Tashara - it would be great if every team could get this quality of highlights!
Thank you Lemno, you are kind indeed :)

I plan to capture as many BBC games each week as possible and hopefully make up some highlights of the other age groups when I can. Not always easy when many of the A games are currently played at the same time and I'm obviously emotionally invested in the 13's. A pack of 12/13 year olds nagging me with "have you done our highlights yet?" is currently winning the priority battle.

As for you wise Sage, I can only promise to fulfill part of your request. I will be uploading BBC 1stXV highlights against IGS. Bare in mind they will indeed be BBC highlights if you can handle that. I can not however satisfy your request not to link 13s.. sorry :)

If there is a demand for it, I may produce a 'music-free' 'neutral-perspective' game highlights reel of BBC's 1st XV games (if nobody objects). However this will largely depend on my time and also where I get to film from. Filming from the side-line doesn't work well with the size of 1XV players - I simply can't film through or over them, but I'll do my best.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
It is an early call but the execution shown by Nudgee on the weekend i believe will be second to none this year.
TGS will improve and i reckon they will defiantly finish top 3 alongside Nudgee and TSS.

Fair enough. This is not unusual as Nudgee always start the season insanely well drilled and play a very Allblacks-style of rugby. Meaning they execute the set piece well and they capitalize on opposition mistakes even better.

A pretty looking try isn't worth anymore points and Nudgee know this better than most.

From mail I'm getting TSS and BBC looked very good at various stages of their games, but were let down with some fundamental errors that come from not exiting your 25 well and over playing your hand when you have attacking momentum. 2 things you rarely see Nudgee do.

That said the way to upset our good friends in the Butcher stripes is to ruffle some feathers and get under their skin early. I've seen it work very well in previous years.

TSS and BBC both have players who can do this well.

They can test it out on each other on Saturday!!! Might be worth a trip to Lexus Stadium to watch!

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Yes agree with your points in general.

However, Nudgee were not as well drilled as you may have thought; there were a number of break-down issues which they can improve on in the coming weeks. TGS tried to "ruffle their feathers" and in they ended up losing 3 players for 10 minutes each. Nudgee are very aware of this and probably won't play that game. I think they prefer to play hard and tough rugby and the more you ruffle the harder the next tackle will be and the contact at the next ruck. A submission by force is more their game.

I think the few problems of exiting and overplaying momentum are probably "teething" or start of season problems. If they turn out to be systemic problems then they won't be in the race.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
As for you wise Sage, I can only promise to fulfill part of your request. I will be uploading BBC 1stXV highlights against IGS. Bare in mind they will indeed be BBC highlights if you can handle that. I can not however satisfy your request not to link 13s.. sorry :)

Anything you can do will be much appreciated! We can handle anything hehe. Thanks for that. Understand the emotional attachment etc. just wanted the First XV (enjoyed what you did btw :) )

The Sting

Frank Row (1)
Great results from the Mosey cup on Tuesdie arv down at the caldron simply known as Miskin. Team of the week goes to the Hunters as they claimed there first W of the season. The big man on the sting Lachlan Foulds had a truly outstanding performance bagging himself a few meat tries. The other outstanding performance's came from the mid field's attack combination of Connor Christensen and Nat 'Hit and spin' Carswell, With both men making destructive runs, showing blistering pace, and in the end, both walked away with a meat try under there belt.
Next week sees them go up against the star studded, and so far undefeated Tigers team. Should be a great contest as both teams are well and truly in the hunt for finals contention.

Face to Space

Frank Row (1)
I have been following the "Mosey Cup" for the past 2 weeks now and I have to admit I like the culture that is being created there. This weeks game of the round will be Tigers VS Hunters. Here are my tips for the games
Tigers VS Hunters
Game of the round this week sees the undefeated Tigers come up against a formidable Hunters. The Hunters will be looking to chalk up their first win in a game where the bookies have heavily backed the favorites. In a crucial must win the Hunter will want the game more. Key players to watch out for is Nat 'hit and spin' Carswell. He will be looking to get around the big forwards of the Hunters and try and slice his opposing back with dazzling speed.
Hunters by 3 tries

The second game will see the Blackhawks VS Comets
A game filled with spirit ;) a close contest will be certain. Without seeing much of these two sides the favorites are definitely the Blackhawks paying $1.45 with a line of 2.5 tries. I'm going with the Blackhawks to get up in the partner touch with comets to win forwards and backs touch.

Either way it goes this is going to be a great season in the "Mosey Cup"
Good luck to all teams

Status
Not open for further replies.