• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
TGS outplayed pretty much in every aspect. Their structure was sharp but didn't seem to punch through often. Their counter attack was also pretty handy.

Wraps must go to Eadie (11), Burns (13),Wall (9) and Carrigan (5) in the fowards.

Carrigan was in 6 and played flanker today as he did last week - very good tactical change from GT.

Eadie has had a great season, but Burns needs to straighten the attack more IMO.

I thought GT's 7 was outstanding and will be a real force next year.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from TSS v Nudgee game here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/albums/72157657123627770

20782979695_e6be184df4_b_d.jpg

20595173038_158d4eeec8_b_d.jpg

20162400743_25d75728a0_b_d.jpg

20595530678_de02308b25_b_d.jpg

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
GT seemed to be winning more matches than anyone predicted at start of year. they are winning and winning well.
who is scoring the tries -- malaki?
are the 2 rl boys from Wavell in 1sts or 16 As?

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
So it appears after yesterdays results the only undefeated A teams are
11A BBC
12A Gt / NC
13A IGS
14 A BBC / GT
15 A -
16 A-
2nds TSS

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Fantastic game of rugby yesterday at Southport from two high class teams. NC started the game fired up after their shocker last week and were easily the better side in the first half running in 3 tries to 1, with their left side attack lead by Hewitt running riot through the Southport defence. Even though NC were playing strongly you always felt Southport were still in the game and they fought back well early in the second half. They had all territory and possession in the first 10 - 15 minutes however against the run of play the NC 15 counter attacked from well inside his own half from a turnover and a fantastic try was finished off by TJ Meni. This eventually gave NC enough breathing space to hold onto for a well deserved win against a fast finishing Southport team.

The speed of the game and hot conditions really told on the players in the last 10 minutes with numerous players going down with cramp. The whole backrow of NC were strong with Malala in the backs creating havoc every time he touched the ball. For TSS after a subdued first half the 13 came into the game in the second half although was generally well held, the 11 created opportunities aplenty while the 8 caused plenty of headaches in the final quarter of the game.

The match was played in a terrific spirit as evidenced in the last photo by HJ Nelson. The parallel's of the 2013 season are uncanny between the top three teams, Churchie thrash Nudgee at Ross Oval, NC beat TSS as underdogs at Southport with the final chapter being Churchie v TSS at East Brisbane next week, what a cracker.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
The parallel's of the 2013 season are uncanny between the top three teams, Churchie thrash Nudgee at Ross Oval, NC beat TSS as underdogs at Southport with the final chapter being Churchie v TSS at East Brisbane next week, what a cracker.

Yes, been thinking that myself.
In 2013, Churchie beat Nudgee 34 - 7, then Nudgee beat Southport 30 - 26, with TSS coming back from 30 - 5 down, to just run out of time at the end.

Then at Churchie, TSS led 19 - 0 at half-time before finishing with a 24 all draw, and miss out on a shared premiership by a point.

Who's tipping another draw ?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Yes, been thinking that myself.
In 2013, Churchie beat Nudgee 34 - 7, then Nudgee beat Southport 30 - 26, with TSS coming back from 30 - 5 down, to just run out of time at the end.

Then at Churchie, TSS led 19 - 0 at half-time before finishing with a 24 all draw, and miss out on a shared premiership by a point.

Who's tipping another draw ?

TSS can salvage the season and defeat Churchie.
Result, share premiership with NC. (My prediction)
If TSS draw with ACGS could give outright premiership to NC.
If TSS loose, Churchie and NC share premiership.
Good luck to all 3 schools.

Let's examine the final 3 games for the contenders.

TSS : ACGS (away), BSHS (home), TGS (away)

ACGS: TSS (home), Bye, BGS (away)

NC: BSHS (away), GT (home), IGS (away)

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
GT 11A is undefeated too?

and GT play BBC this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what are your thoughts on the BBC v Gt 14 A grand final. BBC going for 2 nd straight undefeated season.
Gee they looked good against ACGS but took foot off peddle in 2nd half . number 13 has feet like Kalen P - his length of field try was brilliant.
A father told me the 2 and the 12 for BBC (both rep players) are out for season.
i saw the trial between the teams and the 2 new Rl centres for GT were very good.what is connection between GT and Cav rd high / Wavell high where these league boys come from?

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
what are your thoughts on the BBC v Gt 14 A grand final. BBC going for 2 nd straight undefeated season.
Gee they looked good against ACGS but took foot off peddle in 2nd half . number 13 has feet like Kalen P - his length of field try was brilliant.
A father told me the 2 and the 12 for BBC (both rep players) are out for season.
i saw the trial between the teams and the 2 new Rl centres for GT were very good.what is connection between GT and Cav rd high / Wavell high where these league boys come from?

GT have only one new boy and he's not a league player. The 12 is the same who played in u13.

GT has changed a few positions since that trial, so I doubt that will be a form guide.

GT is largely unchanged player wise from the U13 side that only won 4 games. So it's been a massive turn around.

I hope the game is a cracker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
TSS can salvage the season and defeat Churchie.
Result, share premiership with NC. (My prediction)
If TSS draw with ACGS could give outright premiership to NC.
If TSS loose, Churchie and NC share premiership.
Good luck to all 3 schools.

Let's examine the final 3 games for the contenders.

TSS : ACGS (away), BSHS (home), TGS (away)

ACGS: TSS (home), Bye, BGS (away)

NC: BSHS (away), GT (home), IGS (away)

Taipan, lurking in deep deep background, and quite possibly still an influencer on this year's Premiership, is Warrenwobble's pre-Season threat/promise on The Nudge (* 20/03/2015, Post#235, page 12 this thread):

"Ok it's a bit early for a 100% accurate form guide on the season to come, but it's been a while since I've been on the thread and I have done some nosing around the various schools.
So here's how I think the competition is shaping up for 2015, starting with what many consider to be the top 3 teams:

Nudgee College
As we stare down the barrel at the Easter long weekend, the brethren once again look the goods for the upcoming season. Already their rugby coaches have been busier than an Adelaide Archbishop clearing out his desk drawers before a diocese inquiry.
Their first training session for this season started shortly after the uniform shop opened in the last week of the Christmas holidays. They also have about 12 players back from last year. If these guys aren't in the top 2 at the end then I'll run nude around Ross Oval at half time in the last game, with the Popes hat shoved up my arse..."

WW Gold! But tipsters, beware what you might be wishing for...! ;)

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
And you think GT 14A's are going to beat BSHS 14A's????

The GT Army

Bob McCowan (2)
I wouldn't say GT are into it big time but they are having a little bit more than a dabble. Nothing like BBC and the like. GT no doubt will be much more competitive than they have been in ages. Developing a good rugby program but still a long way to go. My point was a lot of money was shelled out for very little. That's not how a rugby program is developed.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
I wouldn't say GT are into it big time but they are having a little bit more than a dabble. Nothing like BBC and the like. GT no doubt will be much more competitive than they have been in ages. Developing a good rugby program but still a long way to go. My point was a lot of money was shelled out for very little. That's not how a rugby program is developed.

There's another thread for your "point".

Status
Not open for further replies.