• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
^fair enough Dusky

Although it's a bit hard to win from the triage room so , once again , probably not BBC's year again this year

I do differ in your super sized view of the 15's however. Reality is there are only 2 spots that you could say that there is a true size advantage against average to above average " type" that one would expect to see in that position playing 15 A / Div 1 Rugby

People look for convenient labels and explanations for a simple justification -doesn't mean it's true .A lot of them have a lot more growing left in them .

The core of these boys have been winning everything else outside of School and without the most referenced " oh you only win because of that player" Of course elsewhere it's always because of another player that is referenced as to why the teams they are on have success.

Know why ? Because from a physical stand point they look like most other Rugby playing 15 year olds in their position

It might have something to do in the combination of a few things .........individual ability and commitment to development and improvement, and ,the quality of the Coaching they have been fortunate enough to receive this year - at School and outside of School.

Individual combinations and familiarity that have been building for 3 or 4 years now - at School AND Club is a factor as well

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
I do differ in your super sized view of the 15's however. Reality is there are only 2 spots that you could say that there is a true size advantage against average to above average " type" that one would expect to see in that position playing 15 A / Div 1 Rugby

People look for convenient labels and explanations for a simple justification -doesn't mean it's true .A lot of them have a lot more growing left in them .

A visual glance over some recent games confirms your statements. I haven't seen the other teams, but I do believe TSS are on the smaller end of the U15 scale this year and in contrast; I imagine NC and BSHS will be on the larger side (more so in the forwards). Which makes the whole they are 'winning easy because they have size on their side...' argument a little redundant.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 9.08.49 AM.png

TheCuriousWatcher

Bob McCowan (2)
A visual glance over some recent games confirms your statements. I haven't seen the other teams, but I do believe TSS are on the smaller end of the U15 scale this year and in contrast; I imagine NC and BSHS will be on the larger side (more so in the forwards). Which makes the whole they are 'winning easy because they have size on their side.' argument a little redundant.

View attachment 9615

Exactly right! If you look at the outside centre for BBC, he has barely even matured in the face or body and he is far from a manchild. There's a difference between a pure athlete to hitting puberty earlier and being 'big'. The fullback for them has been dominating every sport since he was 12, but apart from that, I think the BBC 15s are ahead of the pack when it comes to recruiting and what type of player they're picking for the future.

WW Bench

Bob McCowan (2)
Bugger me, what a season, the whole thing has turned into a mathematical equation, I had to go and grab two kids from Brisbane Grammar Math’s Club and even with Vincent Sung Lee and Sandrib Papathorn’s combined brainpower we still struggled to find a clear outcome. Bottom line, Nudgee is looking the goods at the moment, but if they drop one or two, it will be just like the wee small hours at the Noosa Hilton Beach House Bar during a Churchie Mothers get together…… anyone is a real good chance.

GT vs TSS

Not sure what happened last weekend. TSS fronted up to BBC and stole the win, GT are more than capable to beat TSS and if that is the case….. the whole comp will be a very savage case of rock, paper, scissors. Last week’s results have made this week much more important and a win here will put one of these teams in serious title contention. TSS seem to have switched focus from how gnarly things have been down at Kirra, to we better start having a go at the GPS rugby title. GT at home will be tough and they will be playing to keep the dream alive. And dream they will, it’s in their DNA, because I have heard written on the second page of their homework diary is the saying “Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action” quoted by none other than Bruce Wayne in “Batman; The Movie” (1966). GT by 7

TGS vs BBC
The word is, not since the heady days of “Wanga gate” has a Headmaster been so cranky with a BBC coach. Last weekend’s loss to TSS had people longing return of an infamous rowing coach to put some grit (or at least some wang) back into those boys. The win would have put them at the top of the ladder right next to Nudgee and some would say the BBC boys have an easier run home. BBC now have to trudge up to the mountains to take on the TGS boys and try and keep their season alive. Now form would say that this should be an easier run for BBC, but TGS are starting look like a sniff and if cards fall their way they could be a chance at a place this year. TGS support is starting to swell, and word is after each home game victory the TGS Dad’s celebrate by converting the canteen into an all you can drink Rum bar. The boys will be fired up to deliver the goods for the old fellas. (Note BBC Dad’s if you win, by Christ stay away from the canteen.) TGS by 5

IGS v s NC

They say the most confusing day of the year in Ipswich is Fathers Day, however I was at Ipswich last Saturday and I would argue it was just as confusing. How does a team that can show so much brilliance allow Terrace to run away with the game. Redemption is just around the corner, if the can roll this seasons favourite Nudgee at home, they will open this season up for everyone. Now for years I have been hearing about the Catholics talking about Jesus is coming, Jesus is coming blah blah blah. Until now I have ignored as mindless natter, however could it be that Nudgee has asked him to come on scholarship and he is playing at 15 for the 1st XV? Just food for thought. Nudgee by 10

BSHS vs Churchie

Churchie Rugby parents group have booked out the River Bar and are going to live stream the BSHS game to a big screen. It’s not like they don t like the State High Grounds, it’s just that the river is so beautiful this time of year. Both sides are stinging a little from last weekend, TGS at home were too strong, and BGS stormed home to clutch their first win of the season. BSHS can smell blood as the Churchie boys got run down late last week by this seasons anticipated wooden spooners, and BSHS haven’t been this fired up for blood since the gang fight against St Lawrence's at Vulture St Station . BSHS by 6.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Bugger me, what a season, the whole thing has turned into a mathematical equation, I had to go and grab two kids from Brisbane Grammar Math’s Club and even with Vincent Sung Lee and Sandrib Papathorn’s combined brainpower we still struggled to find a clear outcome. Bottom line, Nudgee is looking the goods at the moment, but if they drop one or two, it will be just like the wee small hours at the Noosa Hilton Beach House Bar during a Churchie Mothers get together…… anyone is a real good chance.

GT vs TSS

Not sure what happened last weekend. TSS fronted up to BBC and stole the win, GT are more than capable to beat TSS and if that is the case….. the whole comp will be a very savage case of rock, paper, scissors. Last week’s results have made this week much more important and a win here will put one of these teams in serious title contention. TSS seem to have switched focus from how gnarly things have been down at Kirra, to we better start having a go at the GPS rugby title. GT at home will be tough and they will be playing to keep the dream alive. And dream they will, it’s in their DNA, because I have heard written on the second page of their homework diary is the saying “Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action” quoted by none other than Bruce Wayne in “Batman; The Movie” (1966). GT by 7

TGS vs BBC
The word is, not since the heady days of “Wanga gate” has a Headmaster been so cranky with a BBC coach. Last weekend’s loss to TSS had people longing return of an infamous rowing coach to put some grit (or at least some wang) back into those boys. The win would have put them at the top of the ladder right next to Nudgee and some would say the BBC boys have an easier run home. BBC now have to trudge up to the mountains to take on the TGS boys and try and keep their season alive. Now form would say that this should be an easier run for BBC, but TGS are starting look like a sniff and if cards fall their way they could be a chance at a place this year. TGS support is starting to swell, and word is after each home game victory the TGS Dad’s celebrate by converting the canteen into an all you can drink Rum bar. The boys will be fired up to deliver the goods for the old fellas. (Note BBC Dad’s if you win, by Christ stay away from the canteen.) TGS by 5

IGS v s NC

They say the most confusing day of the year in Ipswich is Fathers Day, however I was at Ipswich last Saturday and I would argue it was just as confusing. How does a team that can show so much brilliance allow Terrace to run away with the game. Redemption is just around the corner, if the can roll this seasons favourite Nudgee at home, they will open this season up for everyone. Now for years I have been hearing about the Catholics talking about Jesus is coming, Jesus is coming blah blah blah. Until now I have ignored as mindless natter, however could it be that Nudgee has asked him to come on scholarship and he is playing at 15 for the 1st XV? Just food for thought. Nudgee by 10

BSHS vs Churchie

Churchie Rugby parents group have booked out the River Bar and are going to live stream the BSHS game to a big screen. It’s not like they don t like the State High Grounds, it’s just that the river is so beautiful this time of year. Both sides are stinging a little from last weekend, TGS at home were too strong, and BGS stormed home to clutch their first win of the season. BSHS can smell blood as the Churchie boys got run down late last week by this seasons anticipated wooden spooners, and BSHS haven’t been this fired up for blood since the gang fight against St Lawrence's at Vulture St Station . BSHS by 6.

TSS by 8
TGS by 3
NC by 2
ACGS by 3

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
GT by 3 but need to have the tactics to beat TSS's kicking game.
BBC by 10. If they move the #8 back into the forwards, add 7 points.
NC by 12.
BSHS by 14.

The rugby dad

Bob McCowan (2)
The Rugby Dad's Round 5 tips

GT vs TSS
TSS by 15

Nudgee vs Ipswich
Nudgee by 12

Churchie vs State High
Churchie by 5

BBC vs TGS
considering the amount of injury's for BBC
TGS by 8

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
BBC by 10 over TGS - it'll be cold and windy up the range, which will suit the chook farmers but I am extremely one eyed and anxious and I loathe pragmatism- rally college!!!, fur line your boaters and bounce back in time to man up for the Battle of Banyo next week.

TSS by 12 over GT - how can you go against the skegs after last weeks performance even at the Cardinals Cauldron

NC vs IGS - can't see Ippy winning two straight this year but hold on to your hubcaps first half may be close

ACGS va BSHS - think ACGS can outscore state high here - closest BSHS will go to a win this year is against light dark

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
BBC by 10. If they move the #8 back into the forwards, add 7 points.

Agree- but they can't put him back in the forwards because the 9,10 (first choice 12) 13 and 14 are all out.
He is the Stephen Bradbury. Not sure the backline will even know each other.:(

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Can someone please confirm...

With Old Boys Day being on Saturday, IGS 1st XV are playing at the school main ground this weekend and not at Brassall.

If this is the case, it has been poorly advertised.

Scrum Club

Frank Row (1)
Looking back at results I found it interesting BGS' half time scores vs end scores, First game they led TGS 12-5 to then lose 12-28, They were trailing Nudgee 7-8 to then lose 46-12. They were losing to BBC by a try at half time to then lose 40-7, last week they were leading Churchie 14-0 at half time and were gonna lose 15-14 if it wasn't for their last second try. Do people reckon this is a fitness thing, coaching problem or maybe just because they are young unexperienced side?

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Looking back at results I found it interesting BGS' half time scores vs end scores, First game they led TGS 12-5 to then lose 12-28, They were trailing Nudgee 7-8 to then lose 46-12. They were losing to BBC by a try at half time to then lose 40-7, last week they were leading Churchie 14-0 at half time and were gonna lose 15-14 if it wasn't for their last second try. Do people reckon this is a fitness thing, coaching problem or maybe just because they are young unexperienced side?

Even more interesting... is that 2 minutes after "kick off" in every game this year and last year, they were nil all with every team!!

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
Can someone please confirm.

With Old Boys Day being on Saturday, IGS 1st XV are playing at the school main ground this weekend and not at Brassall.

If this is the case, it has been poorly advertised.

Yes this is true, 16A's, 2nd XV and 1st XV are all playing at the school.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Digby
Re BBC backline-Hate to tell you this but 2,3 and 7 are out as well.

WTF!?!? Seriously? Sometimes there is just bad luck with injuries in this game. But for this to keep happening year after year. Something has to change if BBC are to get the results from their massive rugby "investment" in the years since 2012.

Minimizing injuries and turnover to the run on playing roster is one of the fundamental keys to a GPS premiership in rugby. I think BSHS showed this last year.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
WTF!?!? Seriously? Sometimes there is just bad luck with injuries in this game. But for this to keep happening year after year. Something has to change if BBC are to get the results from their massive rugby "investment" in the years since 2012.

Minimizing injuries and turnover to the run on playing roster is one of the fundamental keys to a GPS premiership in rugby. I think BSHS showed this last year.

BBC=Better Buy Catholics

Status
Not open for further replies.