• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
"TheCuriousWatcher, post: 960088, member: 64974"]A little bit of a random post but I'm trying to gather who you guys think are the best players/or who has the most potential in GPS/AIC rugby. From 15's to 1sts!

Although, watching predominantly Nudgee, Grammar and BBC games I may have a bit of bias towards them, as I haven't seen Churchie or any IGS games this year. I've highly enjoyed watching some of their younger players from most schools;

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow - Fullback (U16, 1sts Bris Grammar)
2. Lachlan Connors - No.8 (1sts St. Pats)
3. Trevor Hosea - Lock (1sts BBC)
4. Jack Howarth - Outside Centre (15s BBC)
5. Jangala Bennet - Wing/Flyhalf (U16, plays 1sts NC)
6. Harry Wilson - Lock (1sts GT)[/quote]

Hosea was quiet last week.
If you want a great tactical kicking game:
10-TSS -Pareta
15- TSS -Dowd

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
The moment of truth for GT against a full strength TSS. 2015 was a TSS football lesson if I remember.
Pareta & Dowd were perfect last week and I thought 5 and 8 outplayed their more illustrious representative opponents at BBC.
BBC 7 and 13 were good but 5 (Aussie schools) and 8(Qld 1) went missing.

But if I remember rightly , TSS were handed a loss in last minute on home turf in corresponding game last year. Should be interesting game tomorrow.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
GT by 3 but need to have the tactics to beat TSS's kicking game.
BBC by 10. If they move the #8 back into the forwards, add 7 points.
NC by 12.
BSHS by 14.

Given BBC have now also lost 2, 3 and 7, I'm tipping TGS to get up. Given their run of injuries, Toutai Kefu better be careful running the water on.

WaltBrisney

Peter Burge (5)
The moment of truth for GT against a full strength TSS. 2015 was a TSS football lesson if I remember.
Pareta & Dowd were perfect last week and I thought 5 and 8 outplayed their more illustrious representative opponents at BBC.
BBC 7 and 13 were good but 5 (Aussie schools) and 8(Qld 1) went missing.
For the record, the Queensland 8 you refer to actually played 13 for BBC.

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
Given BBC have now also lost 2, 3 and 7, I'm tipping TGS to get up. Given their run of injuries, Toutai Kefu better be careful running the water on.

Don't worry TGS have their fair of injury problems as well but I don't think it will be as big a issue for them as what it will be for BBC from the sounds of it.

Taipan

Chris McKivat (8)
IGS v NC FirstXV team list.
56e040d150d337f46aab074cfcea23e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

WaltBrisney

Peter Burge (5)
It is a shame BBC has again been cruelled by injuries. At full strength, they would have been formidable. There is bad luck and there is bad luck but the instance of serious injuries to 1st XV players at BBC is a worrying trend that does not seem to occur at other schools to the same extent. I hope the young man who suffered the head knock is ok.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
I saw the match and it was held up for 20 minutes with 2 ambulances on the field at one point. My understanding is that a seizure was involved. Hope he is ok as well. Also to the TGS boy who got flattened and left the field, by BBC #5 who was sent off. Hope it was a red card and not a yellow. TGS scored a converted try under the posts to bring the score to 22-17. In a tense final 7 or 8 minutes BBC suddenly found their barracking voice and were lucky in some respects to get away with the win.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
TSS had obviously done a lot of homework on GT and easily met their every move. GT basically played a 15 man backline constantly spreading the ball from one side to the other without making any advantage. A few simple pick and drives from them would have paved the way for easy points. The game plan needed to be changed at half time but unfortunately it wasn't which lead to a very one dimensional team being found out. Well done TSS coaching staff. Also a very credible mention to the goal kickers from both teams- probably the highlight of the afternoon.

WaltBrisney

Peter Burge (5)
I saw the match and it was held up for 20 minutes with 2 ambulances on the field at one point. My understanding is that a seizure was involved. Hope he is ok as well. Also to the TGS boy who got flattened and left the field, by BBC #5 who was sent off. Hope it was a red card and not a yellow. TGS scored a converted try under the posts to bring the score to 22-17. In a tense final 7 or 8 minutes BBC suddenly found their barracking voice and were lucky in some respects to get away with the win.
I didn't see the incident where the TGS boy was hurt but there is absolutely no room for foul play. Hopefully a speedy recovery for the injured boys.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Shame for the young guy - hope he's ok

The way I saw it he tried to go under a missile shot and got hit hard in the chest area

The penalty / card was more for the effect of it as it was brutal - but fair

Quite frankly it shouldn't have even been whistled .

TGS score moments later and came within a whisker of stealing it - which would not have been a just outcome

BBC deserved it today in a hard fought backs to the wall guts win

5 and 2 - outstanding

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
One of the gutsiest wins by BBC 1stxv I have seen in ages. They started with 7 out injured from the team that played round1 And then a terrible injury to the winger.Hosea was sensational and BOG.2 was not far off . 1 and 3 up from the 2nds dominated the scrums.
Up 22-5 with 15 to go they took foot off gas and ill- discipline.
To the 2 doctors that ran on the field and hepled that young man - I salute you .

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
One of the gutsiest wins by BBC 1stxv I have seen in ages. They started with 7 out injured from the team that played round1 And then a terrible injury to the winger.Hosea was sensational and BOG.2 was not far off . 1 and 3 up from the 2nds dominated the scrums.
Up 22-5 with 15 to go they took foot off gas and ill- discipline.
To the 2 doctors that ran on the field and hepled that young man - I salute you .[/quote

Whoever the 10 and 13 were today ( up from 2 nds I heard) BBC need to keep them there next week even if they do get players back - but with that injury toll Nudgee should run riot .

Status
Not open for further replies.