• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
One of the gutsiest wins by BBC 1stxv I have seen in ages. They started with 7 out injured from the team that played round1 And then a terrible injury to the winger.Hosea was sensational and BOG.2 was not far off . 1 and 3 up from the 2nds dominated the scrums.
Up 22-5 with 15 to go they took foot off gas and ill- discipline.
To the 2 doctors that ran on the field and hepled that young man - I salute you .

Thanks for that - a lot of folk went against them which is fair enough with an injury tally like that.

Any players likely to be back for next week?

Thoughts with the winger injured today - be great to get an update

Who was given a card as stated in earlier thread and was it yellow or red?

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
I heard the young man is ok- but I actually thought they were going to call the game off at one stage- given the hour late start time

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Shame for the young guy - hope he's ok

The way I saw it he tried to go under a missile shot and got hit hard in the chest area

The penalty / card was more for the effect of it as it was brutal - but fair

Quite frankly it shouldn't have even been whistled .

TGS score moments later and came within a whisker of stealing it - which would not have been a just outcome

BBC deserved it today in a hard fought backs to the wall guts win

5 and 2 - outstanding
You are kidding it should have not been whistled ? Compared to what - State of Origin? It was a big hit by a big guy. He should be playing Senior Rugby. Perhaps the size of BBC and other teams and the excess in the injury toll for them is to do with an emphasis on developing strength in the Gym and dare I say too much protein powder and other supplements?

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
BBC deserve the win, having 2 players with yellow cards. 20 minutes with 14 players shows character! I hope Josh Russell recovers well, very sad to see an injury like that. All the best Josh. BBC also had injured players watching so they still managed a win. Hope the injuries are gone by next week cause they gona need everyone on board for Nudgee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
You are kidding it should have not been whistled ? Compared to what - State of Origin? It was a big hit by a big guy. He should be playing Senior Rugby. Perhaps the size of BBC and other teams and the excess in the injury toll for them is to do with an emphasis on developing strength in the Gym and dare I say too much protein powder and other supplements?

Grow up

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)

Can't ( and shouldn't ) whistle physical dominance out of the game Sir Les

Last time I checked it is a collision sport

It was below the shoulder , wasn't dirty ......play on

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Can't ( and shouldn't ) whistle physical dominance out of the game Sir Les

Last time I checked it is a collision sport

It was below the shoulder , wasn't dirty ..play on
What I should have added in my last post was that #5 was offside as well as he and many of the BBC line were all afternoon and were pinged for it about 30% of the time. Sure physicality is part of the game but play within the rules. I get the feeling you were at the game and it was the old Richie McCaw effect of playing within an inch of the law which BBC did better than TGS. I'm sure you would agree. No doubt the pass was a Hospital pass as well from the guy on his inside.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Solid results up the range, BBC won
1stXV, 16A, 15A, 14A, 13A, 12A - last 4 teams quoted did not have a point scored against them.

TGS won 11A and all the opens except 1st XV.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Are you sure about that!?
Yes. I was standing up on the tennis court side of Old Boys Oval in line with the play. AS I said earlier the BBC backline was offside most of the afternoon. The perspective at this oval is the best in the GPS being in a natural amphitheatre.
The TGS boy (2nd receiver off the ruck received the ball and #5 from BBC simultaneously). I am sure Nudgee will note this and prepare accordingly. Hopefully the chosen referee will as well.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
TSS had obviously done a lot of homework on GT and easily met their every move. GT basically played a 15 man backline constantly spreading the ball from one side to the other without making any advantage. A few simple pick and drives from them would have paved the way for easy points. The game plan needed to be changed at half time but unfortunately it wasn't which lead to a very one dimensional team being found out. Well done TSS coaching staff. Also a very credible mention to the goal kickers from both teams- probably the highlight of the afternoon.
I agree that TSS are very well coached. They tweak their game plan each week to exploit the oppositions weaknesses and stay away from their strengths.
Whether it was the right game plan from GT or not, it was the two soft tries in the space of 5 minutes that killed them - lazy inside defence and a slow chase on a kick saw TSS given 14 points (see 36-42 minutes). There was also a great pilfer by the TSS 6 to get one of those tries.
Pareta (10) controlled the game and 12 (Lolesio) and 14 (Kapi) were the standouts in the backs. With 9 minutes to go and GT attacking and hoping to close to 5 points, Kapi closed off the ball and earned a penalty that stopped any hope of a come back to cap off his excellent game.
Gt's 2 (Dobbins) and 7 (Howard) had strong games again. Dobbins plays above his weight and is an extra loose forward, while Howard has to gain the most post-contact metres per carry in the comp.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yes. I was standing up on the tennis court side of Old Boys Oval in line with the play. AS I said earlier the BBC backline was offside most of the afternoon. The perspective at this oval is the best in the GPS being in a natural amphitheatre.
The TGS boy (2nd receiver off the ruck received the ball and #5 from BBC simultaneously). I am sure Nudgee will note this and prepare accordingly. Hopefully the chosen referee will as well.
Maybe you're right, but IF you were wrong about #5 being offside, maybe you'd also be wrong about BBC being offside all afternoon... hey?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Solid results up the range, BBC won
1stXV, 16A, 15A, 14A, 13A, 12A - last 4 teams quoted did not have a point scored against them.

TGS won 11A and all the opens except 1st XV.

You know Oracle83, you BBC guys talk about injury, how I would like to see the team without injury?, 15A's, 14A's, 16B's, ect ect, ect ad nauseam...whilst it's fascinating to me....All I want to see from BBC is a 1st XV premiership, then I will listen with absolute full focus and interest. Until then ....

NC by 5. Season over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I agree - everyone has injuries or flu- stop the whining and whinging.
BTw - before BBC 15 A read too much into the thrashing by IGS yesterday you better enquire about the flu epidemic in the grade 10 boarding house.
At Nudgee we don' t make excuses - we move on .

Status
Not open for further replies.