• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Hey Les, they sell tissues up on that tennis court of yours? There were 2 linesmen in line with the ten metres and of course, the ref had a visual. Hosea made a hard body wrap tackle, it looked bad because of the height factor but it certainly didn't warrant any card but he wore a yellow and he wasn't coming back on anyway! Stop making excuses for your loss pal, TGS came home strong and I take my hat off for their determination but they just left their run too late! BBC started strong and got enough points to ride it through. Pretty basic game explanation Les. Like I said, BBC deserved the win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes. I was standing up on the tennis court side of Old Boys Oval in line with the play. AS I said earlier the BBC backline was offside most of the afternoon. The perspective at this oval is the best in the GPS being in a natural amphitheatre.
The TGS boy (2nd receiver off the ruck received the ball and #5 from BBC simultaneously). I am sure Nudgee will note this and prepare accordingly. Hopefully the chosen referee will as well.
Just heard that the BBC winger is going to be ok - awesome news. Unfortunately Les Patterson is still in therapy !!

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from GT v TSS yesterday

Flickr and Facebook

35708667533_4d83b3c6fe_z_d.jpg

36121034140_1417f35416_z_d.jpg

36379825541_38bb1c03e2_z_d.jpg

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
You know Oracle83, you BBC guys talk about injury, how I would like to see the team without injury?, 15A's, 14A's, 16B's, ect ect, ect ad nauseam.whilst it's fascinating to me..All I want to see from BBC is a 1st XV premiership, then I will listen with absolute full focus and interest. Until then ..

NC by 5. Season over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sage - I think you've lost focus already and can't listen ! The season is not over until the end of Round 9 genius. Schoolboy sport is about participation, and injury and illness impacts this. Would be great to see all boys , even the ones you don't care about from firsts down to 12ds, able to give their best.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
I agree - everyone has injuries or flu- stop the whining and whinging.
BTw - before BBC 15 A read too much into the thrashing by IGS yesterday you better enquire about the flu epidemic in the grade 10 boarding house.
At Nudgee we don' t make excuses - we move on .
Sounds like an excuse to me !!!

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
another masterclass by Cambell Parata yesterday. Bad news for everyone else is he is back next year.
Cambell and the BBC captain ( and that boys brother who made Aussie schools in 2015) all from the same school in WA show what is happening at grassroots rugby in WA - decision to cut the Force is insanity.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any other scores from the other gps 1st XV games yesterday?
BSHS finally found some form and won comfortably against a galant Churchie team. 33-20.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Sage - I think you've lost focus already and can't listen ! The season is not over until the end of Round 9 genius. Schoolboy sport is about participation, and injury and illness impacts this. Would be great to see all boys , even the ones you don't care about from firsts down to 12ds, able to give their best.

Well just to help u out a lill Vegas, if you loose two this season, u have a drawn premiership at best (I see chess isn't yr forte).

I Don't mind stories from other years... it just the talk, like these kids are going to win the World Cup!! Hope they do ofc, but seriously!

On another note TSS, after the performance yesterday are specials. It is going to take another "off day" for NC to beat them. That said have had a lot of success at the coast: even as underdogs.

Oh the latest news "BBC U12c wins the Abu Dhabi 10's Cup" ....

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)

Further I agree with you on other teams and age groups, but also about other schools as well.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Thanks Tashara that will be a showdown - great footage some real talent there.

After round 3 the the following A teams remain undefeated:
1st XV NC / BBC
2nd XV NC / BBC / ACGS
16A NC / TSS / ACGS
15A NC / BBC
14A NC / IGS
13A BSHS / BBC
12A BGS / BSHS / ACGS
11A NC

Nudgee rugby definitely very healthy taking out every school they encounter.

Oracle do you have an update on this?

from what I can gather;
1st xc NV
2nd xv no idea although NC remain unbeaten, can't believe TSS have lost a game given their depth;
16A NC/TSS - big game in 3 weeks if they continue the way they are going, with TSS being very warm favourites, however clearly one or both could trip up before then;
15A only BBC left - NC might be in a world of pain at 11.50am on Ross Oval next Saturday looking at yesterday's results;
14A - still IGS and NC after a draw yesterday
13A down no idea however looking at the above there was a good cross section of teams that potentially could be unbeaten.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
Well just to help u out a lill Vegas, if you loose two this season, u have a drawn premiership at best (I see chess isn't yr forte).

I Don't mind stories from other years. it just the talk, like these kids are going to win the World Cup!! Hope they do ofc, but seriously!

On another note TSS, after the performance yesterday are specials. It is going to take another "off day" for NC to beat them. That said have had a lot of success at the coast: even as underdogs.

Oh the latest news "BBC U12c wins the Abu Dhabi 10's Cup" ..

BANG !!

Wise Sage - you got me !! I bow to your infinite wisdom and rapier-like wit !! Lets assume that you meant "lose", and wasn't talking about the "loose" 2....or 6, or 7 for that matter.....

So endorsing your wise counsel, should we go and advise all teams who have lost more than 2 games thus far this season, from First XV through to your globe-trotting 12Cs, to pack up their boots as their seasons are over. Or maybe closer to home, if you are only talking about First XV, should we go to GT, TGS, IGS, BGS, BSHS and ACGS and give them a conciliatory "Well done boys - you can't win the premiership, so your season is over - Sage said so !"

Let's tell them all that their season is defined by winning a "premiership". Let's tell them all it's not all about how they play the game , or whether they enjoy the trot with their mates - don't bother turning up - 2 strikes and your out , season over, checkmate ( couldn't resist). As David Byrne once famously delivered - "Stop Making Sense !" (Go look it up )

Thanks for your offer of help though Sage ! BTW, can you also help me with OFC.... ??

Really explains a lot - trees / forest, battle / unarmed man - I am, respectfully, out Sage ! ( but I do like your interest in the globetrotting BBC 12Cs - tell me, can they stay on tour, or have they lost 2 matches ?? )

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
BANG !!

Wise Sage - you got me !! I bow to your infinite wisdom and rapier-like wit !! Lets assume that you meant "lose", and wasn't talking about the "loose" 2..or 6, or 7 for that matter...

So endorsing your wise counsel, should we go and advise all teams who have lost more than 2 games thus far this season, from First XV through to your globe-trotting 12Cs, to pack up their boots as their seasons are over. Or maybe closer to home, if you are only talking about First XV, should we go to GT, TGS, IGS, BGS, BSHS and ACGS and give them a conciliatory "Well done boys - you can't win the premiership, so your season is over - Sage said so !"

Let's tell them all that their season is defined by winning a "premiership". Let's tell them all it's not all about how they play the game , or whether they enjoy the trot with their mates - don't bother turning up - 2 strikes and your out , season over, checkmate ( couldn't resist). As David Byrne once famously delivered - "Stop Making Sense !" (Go look it up )

Thanks for your offer of help though Sage ! BTW, can you also help me with OFC.. ??

Really explains a lot - trees / forest, battle / unarmed man - I am, respectfully, out Sage ! ( but I do like your interest in the globetrotting BBC 12Cs - tell me, can they stay on tour, or have they lost 2 matches ?? )
Southport will knock off Nudgee on Sept 2 on the coast and achieve a shared premiership with 1 loss each IMO.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yes. I was standing up on the tennis court side of Old Boys Oval in line with the play. AS I said earlier the BBC backline was offside most of the afternoon. The perspective at this oval is the best in the GPS being in a natural amphitheatre.
The TGS boy (2nd receiver off the ruck received the ball and #5 from BBC simultaneously). I am sure Nudgee will note this and prepare accordingly. Hopefully the chosen referee will as well.
We'd you go Les? I was patiently waiting for your return :). A good reminder that our eyes and perceptions can deceive us at the best of times.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I agree - everyone has injuries or flu- stop the whining and whinging.
BTw - before BBC 15 A read too much into the thrashing by IGS yesterday .

I actually agree with you Bluey . It surely is an anomaly.

The team has shown a great level of improvement even from the start of this season.

I'm sure they will regroup and muster the same level of character and courage they showed in their come from behind win against Downlands in their bye round last week

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Oracle do you have an update on this?

from what I can gather;
1st xc NV
2nd xv no idea although NC remain unbeaten, can't believe TSS have lost a game given their depth;
16A NC/TSS - big game in 3 weeks if they continue the way they are going, with TSS being very warm favourites, however clearly one or both could trip up before then;
15A only BBC left - NC might be in a world of pain at 11.50am on Ross Oval next Saturday looking at yesterday's results;
14A - still IGS and NC after a draw yesterday
13A down no idea however looking at the above there was a good cross section of teams that potentially could be unbeaten.

Hopefully this won't initiate another Sage loose rant, please see following unbiased reporting as requested below - undefeated teams only not claiming any team will be world champion or Abu Dhabi Cup holders.

1st XV -NC
16A - NC/TSS
15A - BBC
14A - IGS/NC undefeated but drawn one game
13A - BBC/BSHS
12A - BGS
11A - NC

Status
Not open for further replies.