• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
All Over It. You took your post down.
Yes, couldn’t tell you who’s injured and who’s not. Will have to wait until team sheets come Saturday.

Agree, performed surprisingly well against NC given those 3 were absent. However, and I think most people in attendance will agree BBC were very scrappy on the weekend against a far more well drilled opposition in both the Vikings and the Spartans. And yes they played the best available team.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Really hard round first up and I have a feeling the comp could be fairly close this year. The obvious standout teams will be NC and TSS then we have BBC, IGS, BSHS, Churchie and GT who, on their day could beat anyone. TGS up the range will cause some headaches and BGS will be in with a shot of a few victories as well. From the teams I have seem so far TSS looked the best side. Trial form is hard to gauge and I am sure NC with Vella and their 10 will be a very tough prospect for all teams again this year.
BBC will again present a team that can win the comp but a few key injuries could be their undoing. Strong forward pack and solid backs.
IGS looked very good with big forwards and fast backs but I think if their opposition can withstand the initial onslaught, they will be beatable.
BSHS -Haven’t seen BSHS but seeing what Lucas did at
Churchie they will be well prepared and be a handful. I am sure they will play with flair and their backs will create plenty of headaches. Churchie could be the surprise packet. Very young team but they just keep going. One winger, in particular, has some real pace and made some great breaks during the trials.
GT has a solid team and their backs look big. On their day will upset more fancied teams.
TGS tough and raw and every team will come away from the TGS game a bit battered.
BGS combinations didn’t work in the trials but now we are in the comp proper this could change.
So expect a season of upsets and enjoy the GPS 2019. Good luck to all teams and may there be no injuries.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
So expect a season of upsets and enjoy the GPS 2019. Good luck to all teams and may there be no injuries.

Often overlooked is this is the first year to reach grade 12 following the introduction of prep and year 7 moving to high school. Meaning technically this the half year when only half the cohort started school as we transitioned to a July -June school calendar.

The impact felt at the XV level is schools had more 'spare' spots than usual and they did what GPS schools do and made sure some of those spots were filled with premium rugby talent - as a result most schools have more depth and top end talent than thy usually do - which as Hound points out makes this a year that could/should produce more than its share of upsets.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
TSS v NC = Nudgee by 5
BSHS v IGS = IGS by 5
ACGS v BBC = BBC by 5
GT v TGS = Terrace by 5

Ah that was easy!

S

Sgt Slaughter

BSHS v IGS - BSHS +10

TSS v NC - TSS +15

BBC v ACGS - BBC +10

GT v TGS - GT +7

S

Sgt Slaughter

Two things that are obvious ^^^ Sage Too likes the number 5 and I am a BSHS supporter ;). #BlueRedBlue

Reactions: vac

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
TSS vs NC - TSS 10
Churchie vs BBC - Churchie by 5 Head says BBC but....
BSHS vs IGS - BSHS by 10
Terrace vs TGS - Terrace by 15

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Has anyone had any luck setting up the GPS comp on the Rugby Xplorer app yet? I have found individual teams but can't link it through to a comp that would show fixtures and a ladder.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
It would appear the Rugby Xplorer has dropped the competition. The GPS season was there last week now it is only showing GPS Trial games. This is one great app.