• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
Hey tragics. We (DoubleTake) have just released our season 2019 hype video for the GPS.

We spent the offseason deep in the archives of all nine schools, and now have all results for the first hundred years of the comp databased (nobody had collated them all before) and a treasure trove of old match vision. We weaved old and new for this vid.

My challenge for this group though... how many notables can you identify in this video?

WW2000

Frank Row (1)
Well here it is, the start of another GPS Rugby season. How good is it? I'm more excited than Raelene Castle umpiring an NFL game after a Collingwood game at the G but before watching Newcastle United play at Eden Park as a curtain raiser to an Allblacks Game..How good is black and white? Just ask Izzy.

TSS V NC
It's Real Madrid vs Manchester United in the first game. The salary-cap kings of GPS Rugby ready to lock horns in the shark tank on the first weekend. NC have done their usual Steve Hansen-style, pre-season bluffing and TSS have looked pretty good. Does the winner win the comp? or is it going to be closer than that this year? When you have the player of the competition last year, back as your ten, then you would think you are half a chance. Other than that I hear the woodwork shed has been closed at Nudgee for a month so they will be pissed. NC by 9

Churchie Vs BBC
BBC have the victorious Captain of Robotics playing at 7 this week, it's a ballsy call but winning form is winning form. Churchie have enlisted the world's most expensive traffic monitoring and control company to keep all BBC First XV players out of the school grounds from 5am on Saturday, but I hear BBC took their team south of the river last week to ensure entry and have been camping in a 4 man tent on the banks of that creek near Old Boys Oval for a week and a half. If it's good enough for Check and the Wallas - it's good enough for the Collegians. Other than that the Churchie mums will be up to their old tricks tipping Aperol Spritz into Fanta Cans and serving them to St Margaret girls or each other, it doesn't matter. BBC by 3

BSHS Vs IGS
This is like Detroit playing Philly. No one cares and no one wants to live at either home ground and if you are a supporter and get home alive or without a solid a car-jacking then you'll be happy. Somewhere in between some old Falcons doing donuts on the hallowed fields of of Fursden and the referee being run out of Carina - there will be a game of rugby. Not sure who will win but it could be.. BSHS by 5

GT Vs TGS
Well as usual Terrace will be talking up their chances after a good win over the Marist Under 8's and the Ambrose Treacy Under 14 soccer team in the trials and with good reason. However the boys from out west will have different ideas. In recent years they have built a runway up there in T'ba so the team will be flying in on a crop duster. They'll land it on the main field of Tennyson just before the game. The dust from the landing and take off will play in the T'Ba lads' favour and they'll put a few tries on early. Terrace will try in vain but just fall short of the target. Their brass band however will be the real winners.
TGS by 1

A

Aussie Luke

I think Nudgee are the underdogs now v TSS because their star flyhalf is injured and might not be playing at all. Additionally, their star winger Banjo, is out injured, and their captain in the front row is also injured with reduced use of his ankle. How will be push in the scrum? TSS should win comfortably given the team they have, which is 11/15th of their 2018 team. A shame as it would have been good to see Nudgee at full strength. I can’t see TSS losing a game all season. I’m only getting my info from the Courier Mail story, but if all of this is true, it’s a no brainer. TSS win by 15.

I’d like to see IGS do well v the Government school and I think this will be a great game. IGS to win.

Churchie don’t really do rugby well anymore, and so the BrIsbane Scottish School should get up.

St. Joseph’s v the dirt farmers? Is that even a thing?

P

Patriot

I think Nudgee are the underdogs now v TSS because their star flyhalf is injured and might not be playing at all. Additionally, their star winger Banjo, is out injured, and their captain in the front row is also injured with reduced use of his ankle. How will be push in the scrum? TSS should win comfortably given the team they have, which is 11/15th of their 2018 team. A shame as it would have been good to see Nudgee at full strength. I can’t see TSS losing a game all season. I’m only getting my info from the Courier Mail story, but if all of this is true, it’s a no brainer. TSS win by 15.

I’d like to see IGS do well v the Government school and I think this will be a great game. IGS to win.

Churchie don’t really do rugby well anymore, and so the BrIsbane Scottish School should get up.

St. Joseph’s v the dirt farmers? Is that even a thing?

The Courier Mail is full of shit mate, has been for years.

Pasitoa and Vella are good to go, also keep an eye on Ronin Nutley at hooker he goes real good, he is the son of former NRL and origin player Danny Nutley.

P

Patriot

Hearing whispers that Rugby is moving back to term 2 next year, anyone else hearing this?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yep , heard it’s either rugby or basketball, but not through official channels, just what the boys bring home from school. Would think it would be almost impossible now to have both soccer and rugby on in the same term due to numbers, so I doubt it could be rugby without moving soccer.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Just go to YouTube and search Doubletake productions. Give them a like and subscribe. I am sure they would appreciate it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
THE SOUTHPORT SCHOOL VS NUDGEE COLLEGE (15-1)

TSS: Dion Samuela, Kaleb Ngamanu, Jojo Fifita, Jesse Gray, Hamish Roberts, Syrus Schmidt, Hudson Meyer, Luc Lyndon, Ngiyaani Waters, Michael van der Schyff, Wilson Blyth, Marlon Jones, Zane Nonggorr (C), George Nield, George Black.

NC: Athen Waia, Daniel Muller, Eyzaiah Ulia, Lastus Auakai, Robert Mapa, Reesjan Pasitoa, Finn Hearn, Titi Nofoagatota, Mitch Lowrie, Jock Thompson, Daniel Lemau, Charlie Hayes, Harry Vella (C), Ronin Nutley, Will Jones

BRISBANE BOYS’ COLLEGE VS ANGLICAN CHURCH GRAMMAR SCHOOL (15-1)

BBC: Taj Annan, Byron Johnson, Jack Howarth, Lukas RIpley, Brad Altman, Mason Gordon, Will Stevens, George Gibson, Sam Kelly-Knowles, Zac Hough, Jacob Blyton (C), Hugo Perceval, Jake Tierney, James Durheim, Andrew Romano.

ACGS: Sam Farrar, Henry Caswell, Larzlo Sword, Larson Dale-Doyle, Jack Richardson, Toby McGovern-Cubby, Henry Wilson, Izi Sword, George Stoddart, Aidan King, Ewan Marr, Hugo Schreuder, Ben Ryan, Max Craig, Tom Zuidam

BRISBANE STATE HIGH SCHOOL VS IPSWICH GRAMMAR SCHOOL (15-1)

BSHS: Damian Vukovic, Sefa Inivale, Sam Sili, Wian Joubert, Ben Nielsen, Moses Jones, Sanni Siliva, Alapati So’oalo, Kai Johnstone, Trey Soli, Tom Duke, Caleb Edwards, Jaiden Christian, Josh Mahina, Linston Tafa-Tuimavave (C)

IGS: Kedan Chan-Tung, Malique Douthat-Sjoberg, Ethan King, Christian Krause, Seamus King-Smith, Sam Walker, Kalani Thomas, Xavier Stowers, Konrad Wallace, Jack Webber (C), Dillon Stone, Jordan Penquitt, Romeo Tanielu, Ben Murphy, Saipele Tamilo

GREGORY TERRACE VS TOOWOOMBA GRAMMAR SCHOOL (15-1)

GT: Quinn Siolo, Ben Hearne, Glen Vaihu, Jordyn Bell, David Vaihu, Patrick Elekana, Henry Davis, Aidan Chambers, Louis Jorgensen (C), Marly Bitungane, Xavier Boyle, Charles Condon, Ezekiel Amituanai, Rory Slevin, Noah Stevens

TGS: Dayne Shadlow, Allister Cameron, Will Purcell, Jacob Gross, Kai Rahui, Baxter Franey, Wilson Cochrane, Seaton Siegfried, Dougal Gray (C), George Wunsch, Hamish Muller, Cooper Bridgeman, Tim Fainga’Anuku, Will Jauncey, Dominic Mifsuf

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
THE SOUTHPORT SCHOOL VS NUDGEE COLLEGE (15-1)

TSS: Dion Samuela, Kaleb Ngamanu, Jojo Fifita, Jesse Gray, Hamish Roberts, Syrus Schmidt, Hudson Meyer, Luc Lyndon, Ngiyaani Waters, Michael van der Schyff, Wilson Blyth, Marlon Jones, Zane Nonggorr (C), George Nield, George Black.

NC: Athen Waia, Daniel Muller, Eyzaiah Ulia, Lastus Auakai, Robert Mapa, Reesjan Pasitoa, Finn Hearn, Titi Nofoagatota, Mitch Lowrie, Jock Thompson, Daniel Lemau, Charlie Hayes, Harry Vella (C), Ronin Nutley, Will Jones

BRISBANE BOYS’ COLLEGE VS ANGLICAN CHURCH GRAMMAR SCHOOL (15-1)

BBC: Taj Annan, Byron Johnson, Jack Howarth, Lukas RIpley, Brad Altman, Mason Gordon, Will Stevens, George Gibson, Sam Kelly-Knowles, Zac Hough, Jacob Blyton (C), Hugo Perceval, Jake Tierney, James Durheim, Andrew Romano.

ACGS: Sam Farrar, Henry Caswell, Larzlo Sword, Larson Dale-Doyle, Jack Richardson, Toby McGovern-Cubby, Henry Wilson, Izi Sword, George Stoddart, Aidan King, Ewan Marr, Hugo Schreuder, Ben Ryan, Max Craig, Tom Zuidam

BRISBANE STATE HIGH SCHOOL VS IPSWICH GRAMMAR SCHOOL (15-1)

BSHS: Damian Vukovic, Sefa Inivale, Sam Sili, Wian Joubert, Ben Nielsen, Moses Jones, Sanni Siliva, Alapati So’oalo, Kai Johnstone, Trey Soli, Tom Duke, Caleb Edwards, Jaiden Christian, Josh Mahina, Linston Tafa-Tuimavave (C)

IGS: Kedan Chan-Tung, Malique Douthat-Sjoberg, Ethan King, Christian Krause, Seamus King-Smith, Sam Walker, Kalani Thomas, Xavier Stowers, Konrad Wallace, Jack Webber (C), Dillon Stone, Jordan Penquitt, Romeo Tanielu, Ben Murphy, Saipele Tamilo

GREGORY TERRACE VS TOOWOOMBA GRAMMAR SCHOOL (15-1)

GT: Quinn Siolo, Ben Hearne, Glen Vaihu, Jordyn Bell, David Vaihu, Patrick Elekana, Henry Davis, Aidan Chambers, Louis Jorgensen (C), Marly Bitungane, Xavier Boyle, Charles Condon, Ezekiel Amituanai, Rory Slevin, Noah Stevens

TGS: Dayne Shadlow, Allister Cameron, Will Purcell, Jacob Gross, Kai Rahui, Baxter Franey, Wilson Cochrane, Seaton Siegfried, Dougal Gray (C), George Wunsch, Hamish Muller, Cooper Bridgeman, Tim Fainga’Anuku, Will Jauncey, Dominic Mifsuf

As expected absolute hoax re NC injuries