• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

A

Aussie Luke

TSS were gifted the premiership by the shocking refereeing decision to allow another play after Nudgee had just kicked a penalty well after the bell. I reviewed the penalty also given to TSS several times and I’m still perplexed, but anyway, well done to TSS. I’m sure they have a better performance in them to come as their backline messed up many opportunities. I can’t imagine anyone beating them now. Congrats to TSS, played in a great spirit and I love this new rugby rivalry between the two premier schools.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ The ref is the sole keeper of time , they play injury time in First XV, the time on the streaming won’t always match what the ref has got left on his watch.

Reactions: vac

insideandout

Frank Row (1)
From bbc i thought the 15 played very strong for being the youngest in the side, aswell as BBC 8 had a blinder of a performance. looking good for bbc this year

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
TSS were gifted the premiership by the shocking refereeing decision to allow another play after Nudgee had just kicked a penalty well after the bell. I reviewed the penalty also given to TSS several times and I’m still perplexed, but anyway, well done to TSS. I’m sure they have a better performance in them to come as their backline messed up many opportunities. I can’t imagine anyone beating them now. Congrats to TSS, played in a great spirit and I love this new rugby rivalry between the two premier schools.
Ipswich might have the beef needed to beat them. They have been a bogey team for TSS before.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Having been at TSS and watching tape of BBC we have some obvious indications:
1) trial form means nothing;
2) never write off NC-with only 4 back from last year-on paper we had no right to nearly beat TSS at home ;
3)BBC defence c0ach(Kefu) I take my hat off to you-and you have a good forward pack.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Having been at TSS and watching tape of BBC we have some obvious indications:
1) trial form means nothing;
2) never write off NC-with only 4 back from last year-on paper we had no right to nearly beat TSS at home ;
3)BBC defence c0ach(Kefu) I take my hat off to you-and you have a good forward pack.

If they can do that every week it will make for an interesting season - didn’t score in last 20 but didn’t concede either. Churchie defence was pretty good considering lack of pill.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The set-piece battle today was not the colleges strong point. Credit to the Churchie forwards. They will need to work on the scrum and lineout as they will come up against stronger packs.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
The set-piece battle today was not the colleges strong point. Credit to the Churchie forwards. They will need to work on the scrum and lineout as they will come up against stronger packs.

Agree scrum was not too strong, I hear their no1 prop is yet to return - pretty dominant performance I would have thought though considering you tipped ACGS by 12 and I also thought this was a danger game for BBC. Bowyer to come back soon with a few others and the 2 grade 10 players were impressive. If Bowyer was there to run off Howarth score would have been 50plus I’d guess.

Should be pretty solid by the time they hit the back end of the draw.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeh.. my picks were not based on much more than home ground advantage this round. However, having watched all the games from my couch in Seattle, I think my next round might go better than 1 out of 4.

ACGS vs TSS: TSS by 40
GT vs BBC: BBC by 40
BSHS vs NC: NC by 40
BGS vs IGS: IGS by 40

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
How important is a strong, successful 2nd XV as a back up to your Firsts this year?
Very as proven over the last few years results. BBC at full strength would have a very very strong 2nd XV. However, 5 or 6 players out was enough damage to put them 0-1 for the season. Churchie second XV were surprisingly strong and solid in defence and punched through the mid-field with ease. BBC 7, 8 were great and had good contributions running on for the Firsts. Healthy competition in this squad and that is what I believe to important. Keeping players accountable and ultimately creating a more successful First XV.

Agree with others that BBC 8 was best on ground for the Firsts. Disappointed last year but has responded well. Transitioned from second row to number 8 and added a ridiculous amount of size. Earned Queensland U18 selection and was named VC of the First XV. Definitely one to watch this season, out to prove a point it looks like.

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeh.. my picks were not based on much more than home ground advantage this round. However, having watched all the games from my couch in Seattle, I think my next round might go better than 1 out of 4.

ACGS vs TSS: TSS by 40
GT vs BBC: BBC by 40
BSHS vs NC: NC by 40
BGS vs IGS: IGS by 40
Could be a weekend of cricket scores. Expect BGS v IGS to be a closer contest.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Not sure who BBC 10 was on weekend -I know the kid that was named in C/Mail(Gladstone Boy) got injured .But gee the kid on Saturday was a good goalkicker. Well done young man.
I know the ACGS boys are better than that and will lift .

spud

Peter Burge (5)
Not sure who BBC 10 was on weekend -I know the kid that was named in C/Mail(Gladstone Boy) got injured .But gee the kid on Saturday was a good goalkicker. Well done young man.
I know the ACGS boys are better than that and will lift .

Mason Gordon he is in year 11. He is younger brother of Carter Gordon who plays West Prem Grade and is signed with reds.