• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Geez if Rep means anything as to who gets selected and for why then Terrace should be killing it right ? Right ?

3 wins last year . Probs the same this year

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Don’t worry about how many wins GT might manage this year GO, clocks ticking , yours’ to lose with all that talent.
Giddy up !

Pinetree

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just.some background on these boys thats all representing your state in any sport is an achievement and a good marker of a player's standard yes true it's someone's opinion and all that but that's at GT I'm sure other GPS schools have much more talent and depth...does it mean anything as to who gets selected? well who knows probably only those doing the selecting I guess as for 3 wins this year you might be right we will see plenty of injuries etc to come before term 3

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Don’t worry about how many wins GT might manage this year GO, clocks ticking , yours’ to lose with all that talent.
Giddy up !

I disagree

Nudgee have the best player in the competition

The 2nd best too apparently according to Bluey

Surely it’s 3 in s row for the Butcher Stripes ?

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
Self admittedly and I’ve mentioned before, yes, BBC’s missing piece is the 10 at this stage. However, come season time whoever does play 10 will be ready and more then capable. Let’s not forget Mason Gordon, the little brother of Carter Gordon who IMO is a further developer footballer at the same age. Let’s not forget Conor Claridge who has been plagued by injury since arriving at BBC but showed glimpses of his raw skill last year in the premiership winning 16A side, a great defensive 10 as well. Additionally, and I think most importantly as he has been for most part not even considered an option in this thread, Lukas Ripley. Ripley was the five-eight for the U16 Rugby League team last year. For me, I’d love to see Ripley at 10 as he has had experience at both 15 and 12 last year in the top team. Defence is a question mark but that is why I would shift the hard-hitting Kelly back into the mid-field but I know that is unlikely.

Which ultimately leaves the team looking something like this?

1. Oscar Ruru/Andrew Romano
2. Jake Tierney / James Durheim
3. Henry Petit / Carl Hansen
4. Jacob Blyton / Hugo Perceval
5. George Gibson / Clancy Doe
6. Nic Wald / Sam Kelly Knowles
7. Connor Hayes / Beau Westcott
8. Jack Kelly
9. Will Stevens
10. Lukas Ripley / Mason Gordon
11. Bradley Altman / Byron Johnson
12. Conor Claridge / Taj Annan
13. Jack Howarth
14. Xavier Savage
15. Jack Bowyer

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
I disagree

Nudgee have the best player in the competition

The 2nd best too apparently according to Bluey

Surely it’s 3 in s row for the Butcher Stripes ?

Jack Howarth might make a claim for a top 2 spot this year, I predict he’ll be destructive. But I think we should resist talking about the competitions best players as different positions make it very hard to judge. Yes, individual accolades help inform us and Harry Vella is not short of those but it’s only a few peoples opinion and there’s different competition for different positions. It’s a pointless argument IMO. In the same breath I agree that RP is on another level and has a green and gold jersey in his bright future and not the schoolboy one.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
If you are talking about best players , or second bests etc , - forget about whole of competition , but just in context of the Nudge , I reckon Trezman Banjo is Robin to Reesjan’s Batman

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
The fly half position is important but you need the other 14 players on the field to have chemistry, and those other 14 players will give the fly half the opportunity to control the game and room to move. This is what Nudgee are good at, and BBC are very poor at. In my opinion, BBC should have won the premiership for the past 2, maybe 3 years looking at the quality skill and speed of those players. Nudgee win because ‘every’ player is out on the field for the team and the honour of our school. The coaching staff have a ‘no lose’ attitude and bring the best out in every single player. This year will be no different.

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
The fly half position is important but you need the other 14 players on the field to have chemistry, and those other 14 players will give the fly half the opportunity to control the game and room to move. This is what Nudgee are good at, and BBC are very poor at. In my opinion, BBC should have won the premiership for the past 2, maybe 3 years looking at the quality skill and speed of those players. Nudgee win because ‘every’ player is out on the field for the team and the honour of our school. The coaching staff have a ‘no lose’ attitude and bring the best out in every single player. This year will be no different.

Disagree about last year. TSS and Nudgee were more mature by tenfold. 2015 and 2017 were the ones that got away.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
You're right there are many options. These many options are to a significant majority year 12 students so I'll go on the record and say BBC are favourites for the 2nd XV comp.

You seem to have an opinion on what you would do. Let's hear it.

I’m still waiting to hear about the IGS Darkhorse Tight 5

Get in line

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Nudgee will put 30 points on BBC. That seems fair.

It all makes sense now .....

Big Dad Pies - across from Ross , on Sandgate Rd are the Round 8 Platinum Sponsor

You’ll be able to order on an online app and have pie in the sky drone dropped in to where you are seating

Yep. Pie in the Sky Day . Round 8.

Brought to you courtesy of Big Dad Pies at Boondall

And Bob Rugger

rocketman

Frank Row (1)
Self admittedly and I’ve mentioned before, yes, BBC’s missing piece is the 10 at this stage. However, come season time whoever does play 10 will be ready and more then capable. Let’s not forget Mason Gordon, the little brother of Carter Gordon who IMO is a further developer footballer at the same age. Let’s not forget Conor Claridge who has been plagued by injury since arriving at BBC but showed glimpses of his raw skill last year in the premiership winning 16A side, a great defensive 10 as well. Additionally, and I think most importantly as he has been for most part not even considered an option in this thread, Lukas Ripley. Ripley was the five-eight for the U16 Rugby League team last year. For me, I’d love to see Ripley at 10 as he has had experience at both 15 and 12 last year in the top team. Defence is a question mark but that is why I would shift the hard-hitting Kelly back into the mid-field but I know that is unlikely.

Which ultimately leaves the team looking something like this?

1. Oscar Ruru/Andrew Romano
2. Jake Tierney / James Durheim
3. Henry Petit / Carl Hansen
4. Jacob Blyton / Hugo Perceval
5. George Gibson / Clancy Doe
6. Nic Wald / Sam Kelly Knowles
7. Connor Hayes / Beau Westcott
8. Jack Kelly
9. Will Stevens
10. Lukas Ripley / Mason Gordon
11. Bradley Altman / Byron Johnson
12. Conor Claridge / Taj Annan
13. Jack Howarth
14. Xavier Savage
15. Jack Bowyer

This team will break the drought backline are electric forwards big, mobile and skillful.
Personally I can see 10 and 12 being switched around and maybe 1 & 2, I would find a starting position for SKK maybe at 7, I like his workrate and the toughness that he can bring.
As long as there is depth focus and belief this is the year