• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
Howarth and Walker reportedly both out for the next 3 rounds.

Disappointing for IGS, a very underrated team this year. Hopefully they maintain form and get through 2/3. They will then pose massive danger games for BBC and TSS. And I mean massive.

Interested to see what BBC decide to run with now ?

Briskin and Claridge both remain on the injured list. Therefore, no obvious choice.

Bowyer returning, could have the back line as follows:

9. Stevens
10. Gordon
11. Altman
12. Ripley
13. Annan (from fullback last week)
14. Johnson
15. Bowyer

Potentially could even play Kelly or Hayes - both boys are loose forwards but are no strangers to the centres .

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)

Disappointing for IGS, a very underrated team this year. Hopefully they maintain form and get through 2/3. They will then pose massive danger games for BBC and TSS. And I mean massive.

Briskin and Claridge both remain on the injured list. Therefore, no obvious choice.

9. Stevens
10. Gordon
11. Altman
12. Ripley
14. Johnson
15. Bowyer

Potentially could even play Kelly or Hayes - both boys are loose forwards but are no strangers to the centres .

Hayes to 12 would be good to see.

Also Ipswich are good I am not disputing however am I the only that thinks they lack the structure required to beat the top 3?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ They managed to beat TSS playing exactly that in 2017, in fact they were the only team that went close to what should have been an undefeated premiership for TSS.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Hayes to 12 would be good to see.

Also Ipswich are good I am not disputing however am I the only that thinks they lack the structure required to beat the top 3?

Couldn't agree more. Has great skills and would be great in defence.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
It’s been a while since he was last in the centres. Wouldn’t be too many other forwards (if any) with his skill-set and play making ability.

I know every school will have a similar example, however oversight on this lad is a little bewildering, I expect he will get his chance and when he does make a difference and stay. It may not be in his prefered position.

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
Assuming #10 for Toowoomba is Baxter Franey, no surprises he had a good performance after watching the weekends game. I understand he’s also capable of playing 15.

He has shown he is one of the top end 10’s in the age group for consecutive years. Will watch him with interest.

Has Elekana finally found his ‘main’ position after shuffling along the back line and a stint in the loose forwards previously?

insideandout

Frank Row (1)

9. Stevens
10. Gordon
11. Altman
12. Ripley
14. Johnson
15. Bowyer

What would u say is BBC best backline at full strength??

A

Aussie Luke

I’d be interested to know how strong are BBC? Are Churchie a weak team or BBC was just very strong? Are BBC a contender or won’t match TSS or Nudgee?

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
^ They managed to beat TSS playing exactly that in 2017, in fact they were the only team that went close to what should have been an undefeated premiership for TSS.
At full strength Ipswich easily have the best and most complete backline in the competition and it isn’t remotely close.
Southport is going to monster every other pack’s set piece which give them a big advantage. They also have the power running games of Nongorr and Blake and the speed running game of Lyndon. The biggest question of Southport is whether they can adequately protect their attack ball especially if they are looking to get Fifita , Roberts and Samuela firing. This is where Ipswich will have their chance. Centres, Krause and King are exceptional defenders who can play the ball on the ground as hard as anyone.
Ipswich also have the most lethal halves pairing in the competition . If the team can manage at least 45% possession against TSS and Nudgee then I back them to take one or both of these teams down. But only if everyone is available
Kick to Ipswich at your peril

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Walker was unbelievable on the weekend, especially considering he had only finished a week long carnival the day before.

Howarth looked gassed on Saturday. I think the carnival really took it out of him.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Walker was unbelievable on the weekend, especially considering he had only finished a week long carnival the day before.

Howarth looked gassed on Saturday. I think the carnival really took it out of him.

I obviously need to watch the replay - from the sideline Howarth looked solid with ball in hand, was just missing Savage and Bowyer in the plenty of breaks I saw him make

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
I obviously need to watch the replay - from the sideline Howarth looked solid with ball in hand, was just missing Savage and Bowyer in the plenty of breaks I saw him make
Although a fan, I don’t think I have seen him pass the ball to Savage or Bowyer ...ever

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Boys are not professional athlete so comment should not be negative on any of them.
However posters are not professional so I can call it when I see someone described as exceptional defender when they are not! Please be accurate and watch the game don’t just promote your interest.

Let The Boys Play

Frank Row (1)
What would u say is BBC best backline at full strength??
No injuries or anyone missing: 9.Stevens 10. Clarrige 11. Byron 12. Ripley 13. Howarth 14. Annan 15. Bowyer

Currently (No Howarth): 9. Stevens 10. Mason 11. Altman 12. Annan 13. Ripley 14. Byron 15. Bowyer

Note: I'm unaware of who Briskin is and my "Current" team is assuming the people All Over It said are out/back