• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

S

Spuds XV

Went to the BGS v IGS game. Liked the look of BGS 3 and 10 (would be good to see him behind a more dominant pack). From IGS I thought the 8 was going to be a world beater after his first run but I was a little disappointed after that. The guy looks like a beast. 9 was better after the 10 went off. 10 was the best player on the field until he went off with a shoulder injury.

any idea for how long IGS 10 will be out for?

A

Aussie Luke

It would be a shame if BBC changed direction away from its strong recent focus on rugby. I’d almost like to see them win a Premiership so it continues to build rugby there. I assume there will be a backlash re the toxic masculinity narrative by the anti male brigade, if there hasn’t been already, but there is no sport that balances positive masculine qualities, good manners and respect like rugby. I consider rugby to have been just as important in my education as any other endeavor and I’ve found in business and socially, both locally and internationally, it’s been a point of distinction versus people who have played soccer, AFL, League or other less gentlemanly yet physically demanding sports. Good luck to BBC this year, and as an old Nudgee boy, I’m really hoping they knock off TSS but this is a tough ask.

A

Aussie Luke

That’s a bit rough saying BBC is a joke of a sporting school and has no spirit. It’s a superb and famous school with traditions and a top profile and they get very close each year to either topping the table or finishing in the top three schools. I understand also they are strong through the grades.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
NC V GT - NC + 20
TSS V BSHS - TSS + 20
IGS V TGS - IGS + 15
BBC V BGS - BBC + 20

I think the scores are going to be more tight this weekend with the teams starting to find their combinations. Good to see Churchie with the bye so they can regroup.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
So our leaderboard for the week is below. A large number managed 4/4 so I won't pick out individuals.

Could I ask that you make sure you're using the same name each week, I want the table to represent where you actually are, if I have put you in twice let me know and I'll change it.

Terrace were the biggest backed looser with 13% tipping them, probably a reflection in doubt over BBC rather than faith in the Red and Black.

All Over It 7
BBCfanatic 7
Jets 7
Jonte Roberts 7
Petep 7
Rugby Follower 7
rugrat 7
Seagull 7
An_Observer 6
BAG 6
Charlie 6
Cookie 6
Dark Shark 6
Nomad 6
Sage Too 6
EGROEG 5
fairplay 5
HJ Nelson 5
KFC 5
Lammy 5
Outsider 5
Patriot 5
Reg 5
The Ear 5
Cagey Ref 4
Dean Moriarty 4
Dequavis B 4
EatDeez1s 4
Melomvp 4
Mr Rugby 4
MW 4
Spikhaza 4
Tom 4
Dan 3
Frae 3
hugo emery 3
John Munro 3
Shirley Streszlejki 3
Skyfall 3
Tony G 3
David Y 2
JJ 2
KING JAMES 2
Sgt Slaighter 2
zac 2
Cruiser 1
Fraser 1
Hound 1
jt 1
Nudgee 1
Roberts Rugby 1
runningrugby1 1
Tom Griffin 1
Really Jets. 4 from 4 on this one. You’re really not liking us Nudgee old boys.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
It would be a shame if BBC changed direction away from its strong recent focus on rugby. I’d almost like to see them win a Premiership so it continues to build rugby there. I assume there will be a backlash re the toxic masculinity narrative by the anti male brigade, if there hasn’t been already, but there is no sport that balances positive masculine qualities, good manners and respect like rugby. I consider rugby to have been just as important in my education as any other endeavor and I’ve found in business and socially, both locally and internationally, it’s been a point of distinction versus people who have played soccer, AFL, League or other less gentlemanly yet physically demanding sports. Good luck to BBC this year, and as an old Nudgee boy, I’m really hoping they knock off TSS but this is a tough ask.

TSS and NC are quite a step up from the next level this season. I think IGS might be the one team who might be able to match and upset TSS this year.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
NC will have to win the round 4 away game vs IGS first. I would love to see GT give their brothers a real hard game this weekend.
I’m already calling IGS at home on this one

Nudgee have the advantage on set piece but unlike IGS Forward packs of the immediate past there are a few honest on ball and worker types in this pack in Konrad Wallace ,Rio Brownlow and Dillon Stone - that won’t give you headlines but will give you effort, defense and ball pressure that should keep their team in the contest.

And being kept in the game within a 1-2 scores might just be enough for Walker , Thomas and Krause** to ignite the finishers that take IGS over the top in a tight game.

If the IGS big boys in Romeo and Stowers can step up and give something extra than their norm in their match ups against Vella and Nofoagotoa - then I’m making an early call on an IGS win

** Krause might just be the best back up man in the Competition - and by that I mean he is always running and supporting the ball movement which is why he's always popping up in link support to either score or keep it alive for others

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
NC V GT - NC + 20
TSS V BSHS - TSS + 20
IGS V TGS - IGS + 15
BBC V BGS - BBC + 20

I think the scores are going to be more tight this weekend with the teams starting to find their combinations. Good to see Churchie with the bye so they can regroup.

I think you're being nice.

NC 30+
TSS 50+
IGS 50+
BBC 100+

Nudge always good at home, will be more clinical than BBC who left lots of points on the field.
TSS at home will make life impossible for the State High kids
Ipswich will show where TGS really are.
BBC to be focused and rip Grammar a new one.

S

Steve Lezinski

I think you're being nice.

NC 30+
TSS 50+
IGS 50+
BBC 100+

Nudge always good at home, will be more clinical than BBC who left lots of points on the field.
TSS at home will make life impossible for the State High kids
Ipswich will show where TGS really are.
BBC to be focused and rip Grammar a new one.

Honestly I think youve got them all wrong,

NC vs GT - GT by 5
TSS vs BSHS - BSHS by 40+
IGS vs TGS - TGS by 20
BBC vs BGS - BGS by 50

GT have been looking dangerous and with a regrouping over this week after a close loss to BBC, I think we are ready to see the full GT outfit. Big performances expected from the Vaihu brothers, however they'll be missing Big Marely "Fishhook" Bitongane to injury.

BSHS are ready for a big win. Despite last weekends loss, BSHS look hungry, making some magic happen on saturday night at the cauldron. Arguably a better performance than Argentina put up, key performances from Tom "The Duke" Duke and Moses "Shadow" Jones. I've heard his rats tail makes him quicker, not sure but god he looked good.

TGS almost prevailed over a massive Downlands outfit last weekend, and despite the loss, I think they are poised well for an upset over the one man army that is Sam Walker. I think the key to TGS's win will be targeting The Fridge (more like industrial freezer) around the ruck.

The big one. BBC will be going into this match with two good wins under their belt, but BGS will be the ones to watch. I think they will be in for a tough one, but they will come out on top. Rumours of a call up for Tom Heading signal good shifts in the squad, and with an almost entirely imported team with a refocus and the right atitude, we'll get to see the real Grammar Firsts. Key player to watch is JT Manu in the centres for grammar.

Outsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
Its amazing the difference tipping on form makes rather then heart.

So our leaderboard for the week is below. A large number managed 4/4 so I won't pick out individuals.

Could I ask that you make sure you're using the same name each week, I want the table to represent where you actually are, if I have put you in twice let me know and I'll change it.

Terrace were the biggest backed looser with 13% tipping them, probably a reflection in doubt over BBC rather than faith in the Red and Black.

All Over It 7
BBCfanatic 7
Jets 7
Jonte Roberts 7
Petep 7
Rugby Follower 7
rugrat 7
Seagull 7
An_Observer 6
BAG 6
Charlie 6
Cookie 6