• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Is Robert Toia (Grade 10) A chance for the wing for Nudgee First XV 2020, He is apart of their extended squad.
He was selected in Australian U15 Merit Rugby League team 2019, I believe Trezman and Robert Mapa would already be taking up there 2 wing sports? Correct me if I am wrong
Robert has always played at 12 at age level for Nudgee. Power and inside step is his strength rather than finishing speed. Talented player but not wing in my opinion, Good enough and big enough to get game time at 12 or 13 in first XV this year even though in year 10.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Lastus Aukaki was the best 12 in the competition last year imo - and by a comfortable margin.

I would have thought NC roll with Lastus at 12 with Sione at 13

A

Aussie Luke

Nudgee will have one hell of a back line this season. Any idea what their forwards are like?

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Looks like it is happening. Tentaive program is for the first game GPS on the 1st Aug. Churchie back to training next week - Non Contact of course. Still waiting for sign off

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
How do they propose to fit 9 rounds in starting on August 1? Last day of term is September 18, 8 weeks later. Games over holidays or in Term 4?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
How do they propose to fit 9 rounds in starting on August 1? Last day of term is September 18, 8 weeks later. Games over holidays or in Term 4?
Not sure it is a full 9 rounds , the first two weeks become trials , what was round 3 becomes the first fixture .

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure it is a full 9 rounds , the first two weeks become trials , what was round 3 becomes the first fixture .

I believe there is the potential to play an additional (1st XV only) fixture on the last Friday of the term as other sports have done when a Term is only 9 weeks long. However with 2 rounds being doubtful I'm not sure when/if they make up the extra round. Cricket has washouts (TSS this season didn't play till round 4 with a Rd 1 bye and then 2 washouts) so wouldn't be surprised if it is just a case of the luck of the draw.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Stage 3 restrictions (contact sports) were brought forward to July 1 (in line with NSW). This would give teams 3 weeks to prepare which seems to be the current agreeded timeframe, allowing a full season to be run.

3rdXV Casual

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just saw the DoubleTake upload of Terrace's '96 highlights, and there was one significant player named John Aloua. Anyone know what happened to him after schoolboy footy? Apparently he was a GPS, QLD, and Aus representative player and a huge winger.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Just saw the DoubleTake upload of Terrace's '96 highlights, and there was one significant player named John Aloua. Anyone know what happened to him after schoolboy footy? Apparently he was a GPS, QLD, and Aus representative player and a huge winger.

John ended up playing prop for brothers colts and a bit of grade …..

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Am hearing that not all the boarders with 1st XV aspirations have made it back for Term 2. Not sure how this will affect teams or selections going into the competition. Limited time together for a shorten season.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Some info from the Headmasters Meeting last Friday :

- Two Schools claim they won't be "contact ready" for the First Two Rounds
- There will be one trial in Round 3 ( TSS play Nudgee in their trial from what I am hearing )

From this I assume there will be 6 competition rounds where teams forego what would have been their first 3 rounds of this season and pick up the rotation of who they were supposed to play from Week 4.

sonnybinkboys99

Bob McCowan (2)

- There will be one trial in Round 3 ( TSS play Nudgee in their trial from what I am hearing )

From this I assume there will be 6 competition rounds where teams forego what would have been their first 3 rounds of this season and pick up the rotation of who they were supposed to play from Week 4.[/quote

From this I assume there will be 6 competition rounds where teams forego what would have been their first 3 rounds of this season and pick up the rotation of who they were supposed to play from Week 4.

Will Terrace be playing Nudgee?

A

Aussie Luke

Not sure I follow this. Nudgee and TSS will play in round 3 as a trial? Can you expand on this please? Thanks a lot.

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)

If TSS and NC are going to play in Round 3 what is the point in it being a trial round? Just add it into the competiton - All teams are in the same boat, just get the kids out there a playing rugby. Missing a few borders? Whilst I feel for the kids who might miss out, it isn't the RWC, lets get out there and playing asap once restrictions have been eased.

I'd hate for the season to be ruined/shortned due to politics between headmasters/sport directors becasue a school/s don't want to play without a star player.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
If TSS and NC are going to play in Round 3 what is the point in it being a trial round? Just add it into the competiton - All teams are in the same boat, just get the kids out there a playing rugby. Missing a few borders? Whilst I feel for the kids who might miss out, it isn't the RWC, lets get out there and playing asap once restrictions have been eased.

I'd hate for the season to be ruined/shortned due to politics between headmasters/sport directors becasue a school/s don't want to play without a star player.

The above is correct and now locked in.
Round 1 is played on Saturday after end of term.
Round 2 is played as a trial (NC v TSS) in quarters and multiple replacements 1sts/2nds squads.
Round 3 is a trial but played as normal rules.
There WILL be a premiership with 6 matches counting.

Yo gotta feel sorry for BBC. I have said since day 1 they are the team to beat this year -but they play both NC and TSS (who only play each other as a trial)