• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure how much TSS are obeying the COVID rules, no crowds allowed, two people per player yet they have their marching band at half time! Really???

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
What a phenomenal game at the shark tank. FT 31-29 to TSS.

Churchie scrum is terrible. Lineout with rolling mall looking bloody good. Only a trial but I expected a bit more from Churchie with so many returning boys. The 11, 1 and 15 dont seem to have improved as I would have expected. I dont think the changes in 9 and 7 have worked. Churchie tight 5 really need to do some scrum work. They are lucky you can only push 1.5m. Stoddard at 8 is workable but he would be a better 7.
TSS have a big forward pack. The number 8 who came off with a knee injury looks the goods along with the 10 and 15. When TSS stepped up a gear Churchie could not compete but to their credit they stuck to their game plan, Pick and drive and kick for field position, and came within a conversion of a draw.

A

Aussie Luke

A good win to Downlands! I’m not sure either team would compete against a decent side in the GPS.

Churchie must be a pretty good side if they pushed TSS right until the end.

BBC 74 points!! Holy smokes! Okay...they must be the team to beat...do they play TSS?

Does anyone know the Nudgee State High results?

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Not sure how much TSS are obeying the COVID rules, no crowds allowed, two people per player yet they have their marching band at half time! Really???
C3B67E3E-0085-4CBC-8AEA-4362E8A069F7.jpeg

And these two were spotted in the crowd with blue and maroon Pom Poms too

A

Aussie Luke

I can’t wait for the match up between Howarth and the Nudgee centers on Miskin. The Australian schoolboys rugby league center and Lastis Alakoi (spelling) v Horwarth...should be a lot of big hits.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I'd never write off Terrace. They were pretty strong last year and if they have all these players returning they should be very solid. Perhaps they knock off one of the big dogs.
C’mon ..

Terrace basically have 7 of 1-9 returning and have a better skill player in Ed Hiley over Ezikiel. Ed should be throwing too seeing as though that was a major issue in set piece last year . The scrum won’t be all that - granted, but the lineout should be good enough if Ed Hiley throws with Boyle and Emarley as main targets

With Boyle , Nasser , Woodward , Emarley , and Chambers back through the pack and Davis guiding / game managing at 9 - there is more than enough for the Terrace Centres to compete against and prove themselves against top line midfields from other Schools.

It’s not a Coaching issue either anymore as was pointed to over the last few years as to what the issue has been. Terrace have a truckload of 18 year olds (6 in their pack and at No 9)

That’s a decent platform for the much vaunted midfield to do their thing

It’s Moment of Truth time

Fake news!!!