• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I am really looking forward to TSS vs BBC in three weeks time. Looking at the schedule, that will probably be the first game available online for BBC this year. Makes me realize how lucky we have been the last couple of years with so much coverage available.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Was it suppose to be contested scrums this week? Nudgee v State high in under16s A and b was uncontested.

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
Churchie scrum is terrible. Lineout with rolling mall looking bloody good. Only a trial but I expected a bit more from Churchie with so many returning boys. The 11, 1 and 15 dont seem to have improved as I would have expected. I dont think the changes in 9 and 7 have worked. Churchie tight 5 really need to do some scrum work. They are lucky you can only push 1.5m. Stoddard at 8 is workable but he would be a better 7.
TSS have a big forward pack. The number 8 who came off with a knee injury looks the goods along with the 10 and 15. When TSS stepped up a gear Churchie could not compete but to their credit they stuck to their game plan, Pick and drive and kick for field position, and came within a conversion of a draw.

Churchie had at least 4 regular 1st XV players on the sidelines and are still trialing players. Looking good for mine for a good season.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Churchie had at least 4 regular 1st XV players on the sidelines and are still trialing players. Looking good for mine for a good season.

Agreed. They have already given a very good account of themselves against two heavyweights and fortunately those tight losses won’t count against them for the official title. If they remain consistent they could get to the Nudgee game unbeaten in the regular season.

Keeping in mind it was a trial, their scrum was on roller skates all day. I don’t know if they won their own feed at all? That’s got to be a concern especially against NC and Ippy who I expect to have some grunt this year.

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Was it suppose to be contested scrums this week? Nudgee v State high in under16s A and b was uncontested.

Scrums were allowed to be contested. No surprises with BSHS not going contested in the U16's age group. As a rugby program over the years the past 2 years at the 16A's/2nds level on a number of occassions they have played the "our players don't have a FRP" card - in some cases quite late on in the season when by then they should have easliy have done it.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Strange indeed.Every single GPS score of every match was in CM paper except BBC v GT 1st xv.
Anyway shout out to GT 1st xv rugby coaches.
I was standing behind them.Their side was getting demolished but they never yelled-no criticism -only encouragement.
And they often applauded some brilliant attacking play by BBC.
Gentlemen - I salute you.
GT underage rugby looks very strong-with some very handy additions from AIC schools(St Laurences) in 13 & 14s.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Could be some lopsided scores next weekend too from the looks of it.

NC v GT
BBC v BGS
TSS v BSHS

TGS v IGS is less predictable.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
GT underage rugby looks very strong-with some very handy additions from AIC schools(St Laurences) in 13 & 14s.

Just for the record there is not a single boy in the 14A's or B's on the weekend that did not play 13A's last year.

Edit Sorry - one boy in B''s played up an age last year (U14) and is back in his own age this year.

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
View attachment 11661
And these two were spotted in the crowd with blue and maroon Pom Poms too

TSS need to have a serious "rethink" how poorly they managed the COVID restrictions. It was a joke. The start of the 1st XV had to be delayed while a few school officials tried to chase away spectators who were obviously not parents. You only have to look at the game video to see the number of people at the game. Despite the presence of 1 singular police officer, there was no checking of QR codes scans by TSS officials or asking people to depart after their games. The presence of the drum line bands topped the whole circus off.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Just for the record there is not a single boy in the 14A's or B's on the weekend that did not play 13A's last year.

Edit Sorry - one boy in B''s played up an age last year (U14) and is back in his own age this year.

Gee-GT is building very nicely to a really strong program in next couple years.15 A match was a beauty -17-7 to BBC .Lote Tuquiri's boy had a blinder.
16 A was 19 all draw. BBC lost the 15A premiership last year by 1 point to BSHS(and won it in 13s and 14s) so GT have really improved in this age group as well.
I saw IGS 14 A side warming up- they are that big I thought it was one of the open teams.But no B team ?

jack quin

Frank Row (1)
Churchie did really well against TSS only losing by two points. Keep in mind they had both their locks injured and there hooker. these players will make a huge impact when the return. They will bring more weight and height to the forward pack, which will really help them in scrums and line outs.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gee-GT is building very nicely to a really strong program in next couple years.15 A match was a beauty -17-7 to BBC .Lote Tuquiri's boy had a blinder.
16 A was 19 all draw. BBC lost the 15A premiership last year by 1 point to BSHS(and won it in 13s and 14s) so GT have really improved in this age group as well.
I saw IGS 14 A side warming up- they are that big I thought it was one of the open teams.But no B team ?

IGS has been recruiting heavily in this age group. Not many in that team are full fee paying. Not sure why they can't field a B team..

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
A good win to Downlands! I’m not sure either team would compete against a decent side in the GPS.

Churchie must be a pretty good side if they pushed TSS right until the end.

BBC 74 points!! Holy smokes! Okay.they must be the team to beat.do they play TSS?

Does anyone know the Nudgee State High results?

Downlands came 2nd Aussie Luke.