• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

3rdXV Casual

Frank Nicholson (4)
All FT scores according to the livestreams:

Terrace vs Churchie: 38-24 GT Win
Nudgee vs Toowoomba: 43-14 NC Win
BGS vs TSS: 20-15 TSS Win
BBC vs Ipswich: 49-20 BBC Win

A

Aussie Luke

Okay, so what we learnt today was that there are two Premiership contenders. One is Nudgee and one is BBC. TSS are very overrated and BBC will beat them without any trouble. Nudgee are really on the way up. They are looking better every week. They are starting to look impressive and cohesive. I’d be putting some money on yet another Nudgee premiership at this point.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone think their will be an upset on the cards by Ippy on Saturday? They will need to tighten up their scrum a bit but I think they will give it a good shot.

Not really AL but we love your hype keep talking us down, you had me worried actually - our first real test next weekend - they look pretty good but get complacent at times

3rdXV Casual

Frank Nicholson (4)
Okay, so what we learnt today was that there are two Premiership contenders. One is Nudgee and one is BBC. TSS are very overrated and BBC will beat them without any trouble. Nudgee are really on the way up. They are looking better every week. They are starting to look impressive and cohesive. I’d be putting some money on yet another Nudgee premiership at this point.

I agree, Nudgee do look better every week for sure. I reckon the BBC outfit is almost a class above everyone else at this point except for Nudgee, so that will be the game to look forward to this season. TSS do seem to be overatted at this point, however BGS simultaneously seems to have been underated. They've given every match a good go so far.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I agree, Nudgee do look better every week for sure. I reckon the BBC outfit is almost a class above everyone else at this point except for Nudgee, so that will be the game to look forward to this season. TSS do seem to be overatted at this point, however BGS simultaneously seems to have been underated. They've given every match a good go so far.

TSS won't be an easy win at the Sharktank for BBC. Not with the season on the line.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)

Only weakness in the BBC Firsts is a reliable goal kicker.
Don't write off Nudgee College.
It could come down to a penalty goal.(September 12)

Ronald Reagan

Stan Wickham (3)
Had a bit of a giggle at some of the commentating today. Players in the First XV IMO continue to get over hyped each week. As good a job the streaming crew do each week and the commentating is great I think it could be toned down a bit. Because what you find when you leave school is that clubland is a completely different ball game and all of a sudden there’s not as much attention over little johnny. Been plenty of examples of players who’ve been hyped up week in week out the past few years and go on and struggle to crack through to the next stage at club.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not many people picked terrace in the tipping this week, but congrats to EVAL1, Firkin Slayer, 3rdVXCasual and Greenhorn who all picked 4 from 4, with Greenhorn also picking the winning margin in the GT v ACGS match.

Here is the top of the table:

Jack Siemon...10 (+10 Bonus Points)
KFC...10 (+10 Bonus Points)
EVAL1...10 (+10 Bonus Points)
Greenhorn...10 (+10 Bonus Points)
3rdXV Casual...10 (+5 Bonus Points)
HJ Nelson...10
Cruiser...10
MaxW...10
AGJ...10
Ivan Milat...10
Firkin Slayer...10

Hound...9 (+5 Bonus Points)
Taipan...9 (+5 Bonus Points)
Seagull...9 (+5 Bonus Points)
CSM...9 (+5 Bonus Points)
Your Mum!...9
RedsRugbyfan101...9
Rugrat...9

The full ladder can be found here, and let me know if you think I messed your score up
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePrOgHQRxlIhPcFXcrYQqB4VK876liTfAT6c411X8NzKiyTQ/viewform

Reds Revival

Stan Wickham (3)
I have been to all IGS matches this year including trials . BBC 7 - Zac is best player I have seen in Comp so far .
He is everywhere . Big future