• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

Ear

Peter Burge (5)
ED3FC0B3-45C4-4409-BE7D-598B8CC368E1.jpeg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Match Details

Reds Academy U18 Matches
Date - Saturday 26 June
Venue – The Southport School
Kick Off Times –
1.30 PM - Reds U18 White V Waratahs 2
3.00 PM – Reds U18 Maroon V Waratahs 1

* Maroon bench will come from White Team

Reds U18s Maroon:

1. Carsen Patu - The Southport School / Gold Coast
2. Max Craig - Anglican Church Grammar School
3. Massimo De Lutiis - The Southport School / Gold Coast
4. Jock MacPherson - Anglican Church Grammar School
5. Max Johnson - Padua College
6. Nick Baker - GPS Rugby Club
7. Zac Hough - Brisbane Boys' College
8. Thomas Wheen - Brisbane Boys' College
9. Willem Johnstone - St Joseph's Nudgee College / Sunshine Coast
10. Taj Annan - Brisbane Boys' College
11. Campbell Warchirs - Brisbane Grammar School
12. William Latu - Kirwin State High School / Townsville
13. Jackson Barling - Brisbane Grammar School / Cairns
14. Kadin Pritchard - St Peter's Lutheren College
15. Floyd Aubrey - GPS Rugby Club / Cherbourg & Murgon

Reds U18s White:

1. Charlie Wigan - Toowoomba Grammar School / Darling Downs
2. Tyrone Albertyn - Bond University RC / Gold Coast
3. Harrison Swane - University of Queensland RC
4. Beau Brown - Iona College
5. Tom Twaddwell - Villanova College
6. Dimitrius Williams - Brisbane Boys' College / Gold Coast
7. Lolo Sekona - Brisbane State High School
8. Oliver Harvey - Brothers Rugby Club
9. Will Cartwright - Brothers Rugby Club
10. Harry Grant - Brothers Rugby Club / Sunshine Coast
11. Asher Wilson - Brothers Rugby Club
12. Syris Schmidt - The Southport School / Sunshine Coast
13. Robert Mapa - St Joseph's Nudgee College
14. Tai Dowling - Emmanuel College / Bond University RC / Gold Coast
15. Byron Smith - St Joseph's Nudgee College

16. Oahu Davey-Phillips - St Joseph's Nudgee College
17. Lington Leli - Brisbane Boys' College
18. Natiana Winikiri - St Joseph's Nudgee College
19. Xaelin Salakaia - Marsden State High School / Sunnybank RC
20. Spencer Smallacombe - Rockhampton Grammar School / Rockhampton
21. Tyler Maxwell - King's Christian College / Gold Coast
22. Wayne Meredith - St Peter's Lutheren College / Cairns
23. Gus Goodwin - Villanova College

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I assume the BBC 7 will be captain of Qld Maroon team as he was at trial on Saturday.I have seen him play 2x this year and both times he was BOG by miles.Kid can play.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Unfortunately looks like the games are off due to the continuing covid outbreak in Syd. No word yet if they will be rescheduled...

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...ws-story/867e8eb583ebf0db5110b4450d83ff9a?amp

BBC 2019/2020/2021 & 2020 schoolboy world rugby team of the year flanker Zac Hough ran on for Easts Colts today and made a huge impact which is no surprise but I assume this inly occurred after the interstate U18games were cancelled. I can’t recall too many schoolboys appearing in Colts games pre season, hope he wasn’t injured - after their trial vs TSS they are sure going to need him at full health.

3E17A17A-3FCB-45B7-AB93-517ECA169E52.jpeg

The Engine Room

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can someone explain to me how clubs are able to parachute schoolboys players into their teams for cameo appearances at this time of year? What about player registration? It seems very poor form and competition management to me. I can't see how other Easts Colts players (particularly those in Colts 2 who have battled on loyally for 11 rounds to date) would support this sort of "hired gun" strategy (it was an important game). It sets a dangerous precedent in my view. I'm sure the BBC rugby coaches would be thrilled if their stars get injured in these fixtures prior to their GPS season. This win at all or any costs mentality is rubbish and is cancerous.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/sport/colts-rugby-top-of-the-table-clash-team-of-the-week/news-story/867e8eb583ebf0db5110b4450d83ff9a?amp

BBC 2019/2020/2021 & 2020 schoolboy world rugby team of the year flanker Zac Hough ran on for Easts Colts today and made a huge impact which is no surprise but I assume this inly occurred after the interstate U18games were cancelled. I can’t recall too many schoolboys appearing in Colts games pre season, hope he wasn’t injured - after their trial vs TSS they are sure going to need him at full health.

View attachment 12424

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Because the 2 best teams will be TSS and Nudgee.
BBC backline without Howarth/Mason have no punch.

I like them being the underdog CJ, it didn’t sit well when you were talking up Taj/Honan earlier in the year? I also recall you talking BBC down before NC GF game last year and we know how that ended up.

I also think they may lack firepower in the backs but they have a great coaching staff who will know how to play their best game based on their strengths and weaknesses against those of their opposition. Their forwards will be extremely well drilled and they will have some new talent coming through the ranks in the backline? What grade will Howarths younger brother be in?

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
I like them being the underdog CJ, it didn’t sit well when you were talking up Taj/Honan earlier in the year? I also recall you talking BBC down before NC GF game last year and we know how that ended up.

I also think they may lack firepower in the backs but they have a great coaching staff who will know how to play their best game based on their strengths and weaknesses against those of their opposition. Their forwards will be extremely well drilled and they will have some new talent coming through the ranks in the backline? What grade will Howarths younger brother be in?

Howarth’s younger brother is in Grade 9. Under 14.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)

No wingers /no fullback/big number 13 injured =no title.

GF is r 9 NC v TSS at Shark Tank.What a finish

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
No wingers /no fullback/big number 13 injured =no title.

GF is r 9 NC v TSS at Shark Tank.What a finish

A big welcome back to myself!

I think TA will look like a man playing against school boys in his third year for the BBC 1st XV. Biggest kicker off the boot in the last few years, the College can always move him from Number 10 in offense to Fullback in defense just to put in those huge kick returns. I don't know what his stats are but he looked well over 6 feet and 90kgs last year.

Then you got a great all returning backrow with another third year star player. Not sure how the front row looks but don't they have locks back too?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Great story of 3 schoolboy mates all making the Wallabies together

I didn’t feel like I deserved to be there ‘: Len Ikitau ready to push for Wallabies debut
Play Video
Brumbies centre Len Ikitau admits he's ready to push for his Wallabies debut after initially feeling like he didn't belong in camp last year.
Ikitau was one of the main bolters as part of Dave Rennie's first squad as Wallabies coach just nine months ago.
His call-up was a surprise to many given the lack of game-time the 22-year-old had played with the Brumbies, largely used off the bench.
However, with a full season under his belt and regular competition against the Kiwis, Ikitau believes he is primed to take the next step and partner Hunter Paisami in the centres ahead of the first Test on July 7.
“Last year was a learning experience with the camp and I didn’t feel like I deserved to be there,” Ikitau told reporters on Tuesday.
“The limited game time that I had, I was coming off the bench and didn’t really start.
“Just getting a full year under my build, I feel like I’m ready to go and compete at this level."
With Ikitau largely training at 13, he praised the influence the injured Rebel has had during his brief stints in camp.
“Just being around ‘Pup’, I’ve learnt a lot from him,” he said on To’omua.
“He’s really experienced and has done it all in the game. It’s awesome to hear things about what he has done and what he’s been through.”
Ikitau is joined in camp by a host of his Brumbies teammates as well as head coach Dan McKellar.
This includes good mate Darcy Swain, with the pair continuing to live the dream since starting their journey together at Brisbane Boys College.
“I went to school at BBC with Darcy (Swain) and Tom Banks,” he revealed. “We’ve been close mates since then and I followed them down to Canberra and lived with them.
“To play together at the Brumbies and be in the Wallabies set up is a dream come true for us.”

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
A big welcome back to myself!

I think TA will look like a man playing against school boys in his third year for the BBC 1st XV. Biggest kicker off the boot in the last few years, the College can always move him from Number 10 in offense to Fullback in defense just to put in those huge kick returns. I don't know what his stats are but he looked well over 6 feet and 90kgs last year.

Then you got a great all returning backrow with another third year star player. Not sure how the front row looks but don't they have locks back too?

BBC have 4,6,7,8,9,11,12,15 all returning starters. Uhila Senituli (2) played about half of the games last year, but was second option. BBC big problem this year is no talent on the wings.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
[ . BBC big problem this year is no talent on the wings.[/quote]

or at props/or at fullback.
But hey you have enough talent for 3 backrows-play them on the wings .But as TSS showed-your scrum is in deep shit and no speed out wide.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
[ . BBC big problem this year is no talent on the wings.

But hey you have enough talent for 3 backrows-play them on the wings .But as TSS showed-your scrum is in deep shit and no speed out wide.[/quote]

With HMP return, Taj Annan heading back to fullback (but hey, you must be right old man, Annan must be new to first XV, almost as if he is signed with reds and is one of the best players in the comp). Lington Leli one prop, alot of competition for the other spot. You say this every year "BBC has no chance". Might be time to re-think your position old man

The team who played TSS is pretty much the seconds.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
But hey you have enough talent for 3 backrows-play them on the wings .But as TSS showed-your scrum is in deep shit and no speed out wide.

countryjacks up n down like a yo-yo, think he’s still reeling from TSS 45-6 loss to BBC last year when TSS had Fifita n power front row who got monstered by the alleged weaker front row in a game that was not a trial. BBC forward pack been consistently amongst the best for the last few years and I would expect the same again this year given the coaching staff they have.

Reds Revival

Stan Wickham (3)
As a ACGS supporter I am very surprised to hear that BBC is not playing its top team against us tomorrow.4 of their Reds Academy boys not playing or playing half a game. I hear the 7 not playing at all .The 2 not playing and Taj playing only half a game at 10.
Are the other schools playing their number 1 team.?

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
countryjacks up n down like a yo-yo, think he’s still reeling from TSS 45-6 loss to BBC last year when TSS had Fifita n power front row who got monstered by the alleged weaker front row in a game that was not a trial. BBC forward pack been consistently amongst the best for the last few years and I would expect the same again this year given the coaching staff they have.

You do not mention all the injuries (6) TSS had that day.
2nds fulback played 10.