• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

Mrrugbyguru

Frank Row (1)
As a proud nudgee dad and old boy, I am actually quite nervous for this round 5 clash against bgs. Just phoned my youngin and he got me bugging and “paranoid about the boys in blue”. I’ve heard that bgs have a quick and agile back row which has moved charlie mccauley into lock. Not only this but they have some absolute star power coming off the bench. Anyways, just keen to watch a bit of good school boy footy and may the best team win bgs!!
ahahahahahahaah the boys in blue will probably lose to state high this weekend

ThatGuy98

Banned
Looking through the archives is it safe to say churchie's 2014 team is the greatest GPS team of all time?
pro players:
Isaia parese - wallabies, reds, tahs, broncos
Jadyn sua - bronx, maroons, south, st george
ponga - cowboys, maroons, knights
mack mason - tahs
liam wright - reds captain, wallabies
harley fox - u20 wallabies captain
brodie croft - storm, bronx, some sh*t england team
angus scott young - reds
richie asiata - reds
harry hockings - reds
sam wallis - reds, rebels
this took me some research, but nonetheless its all churchie people hold on to, living in the past esque. But pretty impressive

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
lots of new posters coming on board who seem largely focused on this topic. So learn the rules.

Basically, there will be no tolerance of disrespect to schoolkids and no discussion of off field behavior.

Let's try to keep the discussion positive, realistic and mature please.

You'd have to search pretty hard to go past Sunnybank as the leading junior club. Only thing is they dont come back to the Bank once school rugby is over. In one club game last year there was something like 36 Sunnybank juniors playing 1st Grade at various clubs, then you have your juniors like Jojo Fifita who arent even playin Rugby anymore. The talent in the Sunnybank juniors is off the charts.
Yeah have to agree with you there. Completely forgot about Sunnybank. Their junior teams usually seem to have a big physical forward park, with lightning quick backs and good skills across the team

Dcarter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just a quick one guys. Whats happened to GT rugby, I see they have won just 2 premierships in the last 40 years. They used to be very strong in the late 80s to early 90s I recall?

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Hey champion, just so we're all on the same page - I am an active member and volunteer in the Nudgee rugby community. However, despite my confidence in Nudgee winning the premiership this year, you never know what can happen in season. I have also coached the like of Rogers, Sheedy, Bath from when they were younger. At the end of the day, rugby is the real winner and the more high quality, competitive games we can see, the better. I reckon you should try to find a better response than "go to bed" as you've used it a bit too many times.
How does good night work then?

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Toowoomba Grammar are the dark horse this year and Nudgee looked average today. TGS will knock some big sides off in no the coming weeks and Nudgee are for sure not a guaranteed Premier. Churchie and Nudgee will be a great match up next weekend.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Toowoomba Grammar are the dark horse this year and Nudgee looked average today. TGS will knock some big sides off in no the coming weeks and Nudgee are for sure not a guaranteed Premier. Churchie and Nudgee will be a great match up next weekend.
Absolutely. TGS with Scott Gale coaching them who, as I understand was part of the Nudgee coaching staff.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
The year 11 boys for the terrace 1st XV such as Nick Dunstan, Tom Robinson, Noah Clifford, Charlie Cooke, Angus Kelly, Maika Poese, and Archie Xavier look to be some shining lights ready to rumble tomorrow against BBC. Will be a great match up!
Nudgee by 67 you reckon? How about Nudgee by 7? You wouldn’t happen to work for the Bureau of Meteorology would you Dcarter?
Calm down ,the ref had a lot to do with the result,TGS did there school proud,but Nudgee where very poor

BluesAllDay

Bob McCowan (2)
Calm down ,the ref had a lot to do with the result,TGS did there school proud,but Nudgee where very poor
They (Nudgee) believing their own hype? Hype doesn’t win games. Guts and determination do. Big target now, the TGS boys have shown it can be done. Well done TGS !