• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

In recent years, GT would not have been considered any sort of real contender for GPS rugby silverware and frankly I will be surprised if this is their year either. However there are some lads in this years , 1st VX that whilst they do not have the Silky Rugby Skills of the "Ghost of Michael Lynach " XV's , both against Churchie and BBC, they showed enough Ticker to be annoying.

It is well known that the GT V NC fixture holds some hostilities, and those Hostilities are the type of thing that could LIFT a team like GT this year with their specific attributes.

They could on one day , rise above their station in life and deal a mortal blow to a cocky premiership contender such as TSS, Churchie, BBC and dare I say Nudgee College.

BBC has already suffered that fate. Remember - The "Deplorable "Game GT won.

The absolute outright obsessiveness that GT show each year to deal out a win , against Nudgee, border on " Needing help". They become like Rabid dogs. ....and normally come home with the tails behind the legs having been soundly kicked....... (Whilst planning the next years raid.) It just seems they are not good at Planning raids - LOL

But this years team , looks to have something GT teams have not had in the past. Heart and Ticker. They look to have leaders in their team ready to lead by example. Don't get me wrong, GT is likely to finish 5th or 6th with a certificate of Merit rather than Silverware, but if they focused their whole season on one game , the GT V Nudgee game, that energy in this team , could be enough to down a Nudgee team so Fragile and easily fractured by TGS. ( Talking about Ticker)

In my opinion, GT still won't have enough Ticker to beat Nudgee but by that round maybe Nudgee are vulnerable to a GT ambush, having worked out they are not quite as good as the thought they were.

Good Luck both team with the Season.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Good theory ,Nudgee don’t win by a big margin,there confidence is down ?,I think they will respond knowing how good they defended with 14 men for 30 min and a ref who is doing the 13bs this weekend
TGS just need a reliable kicker and they will beat many sides this year, particularly at home on Old Boys' Oval. With the winter they are having up there it is the best home ground advantage in the GPS. Churchie, BBC, and Terrace will not be looking forward to their
Ottowa 10 - I recall Churchie defended with 13 men for 10 mins with out a point- is that correct? Ref's do have a sense of humour sometimes don't they Nudgee to even up the contest.

The point being, when you start arguing with the ref and his decisions with Childish Tantrums, and not focusing your energy on your Rugby and winning the game, you lack discipline and therefore really deserve to perform badly, and you should expect to nearly lose the game. Its a pointer that perhaps you are not as good a team mentally as you think you are.

Nudgee , BBC TSS and Churchie always have well drilled forward packs especially in "on the line" defence or attack. TGS and IGS have great forward packs that lack just the final Polish. Nudgee is a professional pack but are yet to come up against one that is as well drilled as "underdog" Churchie. It will be a Challenge. What Nudgee has going for it is size , Strength and Physical presence whilst Churchie has Light weight nimble hunting pack with a big motor to keep going all day. This is why I put 3 points in the game.

I agree TGS is a very tough ask for those teams with the pea soup 3pm cold setting in up there. If Churchie wins this weekend, they should be still very worried about the games coming up, especially TGS. A lot of hard work for them ahead. If Nudgee win, I reckon Terrace will challenge, if not BBC or even IGS hitting form. What a great game, what a great season still to enjoy.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
In recent years, GT would not have been considered any sort of real contender for GPS rugby silverware and frankly I will be surprised if this is their year either. However there are some lads in this years , 1st VX that whilst they do not have the Silky Rugby Skills of the "Ghost of Michael Lynach " XV's , both against Churchie and BBC, they showed enough Ticker to be annoying.

It is well known that the GT V NC fixture holds some hostilities, and those Hostilities are the type of thing that could LIFT a team like GT this year with their specific attributes.

They could on one day , rise above their station in life and deal a mortal blow to a cocky premiership contender such as TSS, Churchie, BBC and dare I say Nudgee College.

BBC has already suffered that fate. Remember - The "Deplorable "Game GT won.

The absolute outright obsessiveness that GT show each year to deal out a win , against Nudgee, border on " Needing help". They become like Rabid dogs. ....and normally come home with the tails behind the legs having been soundly kicked....... (Whilst planning the next years raid.) It just seems they are not good at Planning raids - LOL

But this years team , looks to have something GT teams have not had in the past. Heart and Ticker. They look to have leaders in their team ready to lead by example. Don't get me wrong, GT is likely to finish 5th or 6th with a certificate of Merit rather than Silverware, but if they focused their whole season on one game , the GT V Nudgee game, that energy in this team , could be enough to down a Nudgee team so Fragile and easily fractured by TGS. ( Talking about Ticker)

In my opinion, GT still won't have enough Ticker to beat Nudgee but by that round maybe Nudgee are vulnerable to a GT ambush, having worked out they are not quite as good as the thought they were.

Good Luck both team with the Season.
If Terrace can keep up the intensity of their first two games they will trouble most teams this season. Opposition teams will need to perform for the full game to get the win.

There’s a lot to like about the way they are playing , hopefully they can keep it up. It’s good to see a comp where games aren’t forgone conclusions, certainly maintains supporter engagement more than when games are one sided.

Rugby.guru

Frank Row (1)
Never right off these Grammar boys! 2 out with Covid and still got the job done. These grammar lads have some serious ticker.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
NC will be able to take some solace from.the fact that I think they won every other game out there today... Anyone know if Churchie won any other game other than the big one (the one that counts!)