• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Brothers 30 v Norths 18
Easts 42 v Sunshine Coast Rugby Union 22
Rugby Gold Coast 31 v GPS 37
Souths 14 v University of Queensland 50
Sunnybank 55 v Wests 38

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Watched Sunnybank v Wests on Saturday. The Dragons welcomed back Richard Kingi from the Rebels and Matt Lucas back from U20's.

As the scoreline suggests defense wasn't big in this game. Sunnybank scored after 37 seconds and were in control the whole game but they just seem to have brain explosions at times and let the Bulldogs back into the game. Leroy Houston scored a couple of tries in his last game before he heads off to France and was given a good send off by the crowd. Albert Anae had a really good game doing well at scrum time and contributing around the field.

The Dragons will be keen to welcome back their Reds contingent in the coming weeks and the talk is that Ben Lucas may be right next week if not the following one.

For Wests their back row played very well with Nick Gregorski at 8 and their 6 being the standouts.

S

Saders07

For Wests their back row played very well with Nick Gregorski at 8 and their 6 being the standouts.

The 6 is Angus Cottrell, a player who has all the necessary attributes and could go along way if he keeps up with his current level of commitment and gets an opportunity at the next level.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I think Sunnybank and Uni will definatly take a hold of the comp when they get their Reds players back. Especially as Easts are missing almost their whole starting side.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
In the coming weeks Sunnybank should see the return of Holmes, AWH, Gill, Shatz, Lucas and Tapuai.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Watched Sunnybank v Wests on Saturday. The Dragons welcomed back Richard Kingi from the Rebels and Matt Lucas back from U20's.

As the scoreline suggests defense wasn't big in this game. Sunnybank scored after 37 seconds and were in control the whole game but they just seem to have brain explosions at times and let the Bulldogs back into the game. Leroy Houston scored a couple of tries in his last game before he heads off to France and was given a good send off by the crowd. Albert Anae had a really good game doing well at scrum time and contributing around the field.

The Dragons will be keen to welcome back their Reds contingent in the coming weeks and the talk is that Ben Lucas may be right next week if not the following one.

As quoted by Jets - Houston is off to France and played his last game on the weekend.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Easts ground out a 27-15 win against the Gold Coast at Bottomley Park. Three tries only meant no bonus point but the win keeps the Tigers at the top of the table. Hard to pick standouts as it was a pretty dour sort of game. There were a couple of unfamiliar (to me anyway) young backs who found space and featured in the try of the game to Easts. Young prop for the Reds academy, bermingham came on, he's a decent sized bloke and Cayden Matahere, a young fellow who was all the talk a few years back, made his debut for the Coast. Thought Butler looked good for the visitors.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
I was at Yoku Rd today for the Colts match GPS v Uni (GPS got up). I didn't see the Premiers game but reports have it that one of the Uni players was very seriously injured in a tackle. Actually stopped breathing and they had to give him CPR. Rushed to hospital. I very much hope that he pulls through. Terrible stuff.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I was at Yoku Rd today for the Colts match GPS v Uni (GPS got up). I didn't see the Premiers game but reports have it that one of the Uni players was very seriously injured in a tackle. Actually stopped breathing and they had to give him CPR. Rushed to hospital. I very much hope that he pulls through. Terrible stuff.

Reports are he is fighting for his life. They are saying very serious head injuries. Players name is Halley Appleby (reserve Hooker?).

Hope it all ends well, terrible news.

Status
Not open for further replies.