• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Interesting to see if Matahare managed a clearance from Sunnybank. I guess he must have if he played.
I can be corrected on this but the rule was at the end of the season everyone has a clean slate and if you wanted to move between Brisbane clubs no clearance was required. If you moved regions/states/ countries i.e. Brisbane to Toowoomba/Randwick/Wullingtun you needed a clearance. If you moved clubs in Brisbane mid season you needed a clearance.
Non payment of fees is no reason to refuse a clearance.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Was speaking to GPS Coach Anthony Matheson yesterday and he said that UQ are forfeiting this weekend's match, not sure who they were scheduled to play. Will it be rescheduled or will the other side just take the points?

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Uni was scheduled to play the Gold Coast.

This would have been a hard decision - get back on the horse or it's too soon.

As terrible as it is about Halley, those left behind will also be doing it very tough.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Uni are most certainly playing this weekend. Not sure where the info came yesterday that we'd forfeited already, but the decision was only made at 9pm last night after asking the players, and checking with the Applebys that they were ok with us playing.

It was unaninimous that they want to play in Halley's memory, exactly as Halley would've wanted. It'll probably be an ugly game, but Uni will play.

1:30 kick off for reserve grade and 3:00 for Premier grade at St Lucia.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
And in the event that the boys didn't want to play it was going to be a draw. No forfeit.

rookie

Bob McCowan (2)
From UQ I can suggest Tim Buchanan. He's in the Red's Academy, but I'm not sure if that counts as being signed...

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Uni are starting with the same team that ran on last week. The bench has Hanson, Morahan, Sheperdson & Davies back from the Wallabies, and Porter back from Samoa.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Brothers 31-24 victors over a brave GPS today. Chambers and Shipperly played for Brothers today and Chambers in particular made a lot of yards and was a handful in attack. The Murphy brothers also provided plenty spark in attack, and everyone got to see Feldsman's (sp) speed both when he scored a try and then when he ran down a GPS winger. Bad injury to the GPS 13 (was it Nasiganiyave?). He had to be stretchered off with what looked to be a bad leg injury. Some good young backs in the GPS side. Liked the look of the halfback. Forward battle was fairly willing with some big hits from both sides, unfortunately not too many were recognizable to me.

Only other result I've heard is Easts over Wests 19-14.

S

Saders07

Easts 19 v Wests 14. Close game at the kennel and the largest crowd of the year. Difference was that Easts took opportunity whereas Wests squandered some clear cut chances. Dominic Fuller outstanding around the fringes and both wingers proved ellusive and quick for Easts. Angus Cottrell and Nick Gregorski strong for Wests. 3 injuries, including both centres to Wests in the first half didn't help their cause.

Easts will need to lift to hold their table position through the business end.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
All the results from the Courier Mail with the upset being Norths over Sunny Coast:

PREMIER
Rnd 12: Easts 19 (R Murphy, D Skelton, C Mansell tries, C Mansell 2 cons) d Wests 14 (N Gregorski, P Nelson tries, I Aokuso con, B Lainchbury con), Sunnybank 43 (M Lucas 2 tries, G Holmes, N Ah Wong, G Blomfield, R Setu, S Telia tries, M Lucas 4 cons) d Souths 8 (W Tuputala try, C Field pen), University of Queensland 35 (K Davis, I Prior, T Cox, L Morohan tries, penalty try W Tuffley 2 pens 2 cons) d Rugby Gold Coast 17 (C Manning try, L Evans 4 pens), Brothers 31 (Dallan Murphy, A Sauer, W Chambers, M Felsman tries, Dallan, Murphy 4 cons pen) d GPS 24 (J-P Smith 2 tries, J Logan try, P Smith pen 3 cons), Norths 39 (T Sufia 2 tries, J Tia, S Purvis, S Feelipe, R Susuve tries, S Purvis pen 3 cons) d Sunshine Coast Rugby Union 25 (J MacPherson 2 tries, G Clouston, A Williams-Coveney tries, A Williams-Coveney pen con).

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Easts 19 v Wests 14. Close game at the kennel and the largest crowd of the year. Difference was that Easts took opportunity whereas Wests squandered some clear cut chances. Dominic Fuller outstanding around the fringes and both wingers proved ellusive and quick for Easts. Angus Cottrell and Nick Gregorski strong for Wests. 3 injuries, including both centres to Wests in the first half didn't help their cause.

Easts will need to lift to hold their table position through the business end.
Agreed Saders. Easts have a good number of key players out with injury and will be doing well to make the Finals. Gutsy effort for the guys to still be at or near the top of the table this far into the season.

S

Saders07

I understand most if not all of those injuries are season ending - maybe only Matt Brandon and Toby White chances for return?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I understand most if not all of those injuries are season ending - maybe only Matt Brandon and Toby White chances for return?
I think you're right. Brandon is a must return if the Tigers are going to be any show at the pointy end of the season, and White gives some considerable go forward in the midfield.

What are the injury lists like at other clubs?

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Brothers 31-24 victors over a brave GPS today. Chambers and Shipperly played for Brothers today and Chambers in particular made a lot of yards and was a handful in attack. The Murphy brothers also provided plenty spark in attack, and everyone got to see Feldsman's (sp) speed both when he scored a try and then when he ran down a GPS winger. Bad injury to the GPS 13 (was it Nasiganiyave?). He had to be stretchered off with what looked to be a bad leg injury. Some good young backs in the GPS side. Liked the look of the halfback. Forward battle was fairly willing with some big hits from both sides, unfortunately not too many were recognizable to me.

Only other result I've heard is Easts over Wests 19-14.

The injury looked like a compound fracture from my position on the ground (the referee in orange on the side). The crack and scream of his leg breaking came through on the microphones and was pretty sickening.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Not sure of the full round this weekend but I believe that Uni plays Brothers at home. That will be a cracker of a game, and a true measure of Brother's redentials, given that Uni will have a few Reds back.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not sure of the full round this weekend but I believe that Uni plays Brothers at home. That will be a cracker of a game, and a true measure of Brother's redentials, given that Uni will have a few Reds back.

and not just Reds, potentially....

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Easts v Norths Bottomley Park 1500
GPS v Sunnybank Yoku Road 1520
Sunshine Coast Rugby Union v Souths Stockland Park 1500
University v Brothers St Lucia 1 (5A) 1500
Wests v Rugby Gold Coast Sylvan Road 1500

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Reported in the Courier Mail this morning that Matt Giteau will be lining up for Uni this week against Brothers for a one off game.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Reported in the Courier Mail this morning that Matt Giteau will be lining up for Uni this week against Brothers for a one off game.
Tempted to go out to St Lucia if that is the case. Giteau would absolutely carve at club level...feeling a little sorry for the Bretheren with Uni having a handful of current Wallabies and Reds players.

Status
Not open for further replies.